The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Loui Eriksson for Dion Phaneuf

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:14 PM, Hindustan Smyl said:

[proposal] Loui Eriksson for Dion Phaneuf

yay, nay, or gay?

Both are terrible contracts, but would help each team in positions that they need help in.  We need help of right side D, and perhaps Kopitar or Carter can get Eriksson going.

Eriksson is a defensive minded forward with size and so he’d fit in well with LA’s system.

Phaneuf is tough and plays right side D, and provide us with some depth on that side.  He can also help protect Hughes.

Wow bad trade, Phaneuf is a bad D man not going to hell us at all.

How are people against this trade?? Phaneuf costs less and has one less year on his contract. Both players are pretty much equally bad but the Canucks have a million forwards and only 5 NHL defensemen. 

Getting LE’s final year of 6 mill off the books is huge. Both EP and QH will need to be re-signed in 2 seasons and this trade would give the Canucks so much more cap flexibility To deal with it. 

Honestly i I think the Canucks need to add a young prospect or draft pick to get LA to say yes to this. Might have to retain on LE to get the cap hits to even out as well

1 minute ago, The_Rocket said:

How are people against this trade?? Phaneuf costs less and has one less year on his contract. Both players are pretty much equally bad but the Canucks have a million forwards and only 5 NHL defensemen. 

Getting LE’s final year of 6 mill off the books is huge. Both EP and QH will need to be re-signed in 2 seasons and this trade would give the Canucks so much more cap flexibility To deal with it. 

Honestly i I think the Canucks need to add a young prospect or draft pick to get LA to say yes to this. Might have to retain on LE to get the cap hits to even out as well

Dion is no longer an NHL defenceman.  

Just now, The_Rocket said:

LE is no longer an NHL forward. But Phaneuf has a better contract. Should be a no brainer. 

LE, being a forward, can get by on a fourth line checking role.  How does a D man like Dion fit in?  

Just now, Alflives said:

LE, being a forward, can get by on a fourth line checking role.  How does a D man like Dion fit in?  

Press box. Buy out. 3rd pair. Utica. Doesn’t matter. What’s important is he is gone in 2 years, whereas LE is gone in 3. 

• Upvote 1

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Loui Eriksson for Dion Phaneuf