The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eriksson's 'friction'

Rate this topic

Dr. J.

Last season Eriksson had a better year under Green (23 points in 50 games) than he did his first year playing for Willie D (24 points in 65 games).

In fact, his point totals this past season (29 points in 81 games) are nearly the same PPG as he had in 2016-17. So if he is doing it in less icetime, then Green has turned him into a more efficient player.

In other words, shut the hell up, Loui.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Louie,  the entire franchise and fanbase dont get on 100% with you.

You came here, signed a big contract, after scoring over 40 goals in Boston,  and then you come here and float around and cant even hit 20 goals....  you're expected to deliver when you sign a contract like that.

Highest paid player on our team and you contribute NOTHING.

Edited by CanuckGAME

He's a vet, so he's not afraid of slightly speaking his mind.  I mean, Eriksson has been around long enough that he has even competed against Travis Green on the ice before, lol.  

This is a "chicken or egg" type issue.... can Eriksson give more?  He could, as he does show flashes of it.  The problem is.... it's only flashes... so does it mean a player that isn't engaged enough, or a player not fitting within the environment?  

He was certainly more noticeable when he was on the line with Pettersson.  While it the rookie pulling the train, it might be a good idea to leave him there.  I hope that the Swedish team will put Pettersson with Eriksson for some magic and maybe the Canucks can keep it going.  

No problem with him being honest and hopefully it encourages a move out (just not for Lucic!!!!!)

With that being said, I am pretty sick of the attitude of some players where they say they haven't got the points because they haven't received the playing time. If they were getting points, they would get more playing time. If they weren't dragging down offensive players, they would play more with offensive players. At $6M, accept some accountability...good lord.

Always think of how great Burrows was when I hear prima donas whining.

Edited by 5nothincanucksohno
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Vancouver  Canucks forward Loui Eriksson admitted to Sweden's HockeySverige that there is friction in his relationship with head coach Travis Green, and cited that as a reason for his diminished offensive output with the team...

...The 33-year-old...

There’s the source of your “friction”, Loui.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I like his honesty, but what do you mean you weren't ever given an offensive role? What a bunch of nonsense. We were forcing him offensive roles for 2 years when he came in. Hell, we still give him undeserved powerplay time and he has yet to show any offensive output or creativity. He'd be a decent player to put with the Sedins or on a line that's that's stacked with guys who can get him the puck when he decides to finally get to good areas, but time and time again he's proven he's not willing to drive to the offensive areas and be creative enough to open up ice for himself. So until then, I hope he just gets more and more pressbox time. I wouldn't even have him on my team at league minimum salary. 

• Upvote 2

He's failed here under two coaches now, and he's gotten many opportunities to play with quality players, be it the Sedins or Horvat. His failure to produce ain't on Green. It's on himself. 

Hopefully this will at least bring the situation to a head so it can finally be resolved, but still, this just rubs me the wrong way. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

No, they were force fed minutes since they were acquired while other younger players never received the same treatment.

Weisbrod probably had a hand in drafting them in Calgary so when he came here I guess he convinced the organization to give them a free ride. That’s how I see it at least. The minutes they got when we acquired them with nothing to show seem borderline ridiculous to me.  

Are you kidding me. Any warm body was getting ice time those days. 

4 hours ago, spur1 said:

Not Subban, Shinkaruk, Forsling, gaunce etc. 

They were the new Chaput and Megna. But at least Chaput and Megna  were responsible to defensively unlike Baerschit and Granlund lol

Edited by Tomatoes11
  • Wat 1

I hate to say it but the argument between Lucic and Eriksson exchanging addresses is getting stronger, even though I'm against Lucic coming here. Lucic does have a pulse but little else.  Speed gone, hands, questionable at best. I just don't know about that.

7 minutes ago, spur1 said:

2 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Not Subban, Shinkaruk, Forsling, gaunce etc. 

They were here the new Chaput and Megna. But at least they were responsible to defensively lol

You just confirmed my point. Even Megan and Chaput were getting ice time. 

• Upvote 1