The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eriksson's 'friction'

Rate this topic

Dr. J.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if anything its underwhelming, but I don't see anything in his history thats trading for a bad contract. 

I really like the Pearson deal, if we get that guy who showed up at the end of the season its a pretty nice deal for us. 

Spooner maybe.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if anything its underwhelming, but I don't see anything in his history thats trading for a bad contract. 

I really like the Pearson deal, if we get that guy who showed up at the end of the season its a pretty nice deal for us. 

Nothing too serious, but the Spooner / Gagner deal has another year .

Give 'em Louie, give 'em Brandon Sutter and a 2nd round pick 

We take Milan back home and their 8th Overall. 

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Give 'em Louie, give 'em Brandon Sutter and a 2nd round pick 

We take Milan back home and their 8th Overall. 

So essentially it would be Sutter + 40th OA for 8 OA?  I like it!  Is That extra year if Milan’s Contract worth the disparity for the Oilers to do this?  Would we need to add more to Sutter + 40?  What if we took Russel too, or did Chiarelli give him a NMC too?

4 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

4 more years for Lucic with NMC compared to Eriksson's 3 years and no NMC. That alone makes it not worth it to move up 2 spots in the draft. We'll very likely draft a guy at 8 that we can get at 10.

Lucic can easily waive his NMC when he gets traded to us. I also think you're underestimating moving two spots up when it comes to the first 10 picks of a draft.  

Just for perspective, in 2016 Ottawa sent a 3rd round pick to the Devils in order to move up from 12th overall to 11th overall. 

In 2009 Islanders gave up a 3rd round pick and a 7th round pick to move up from 16th overall to 12th overall.  

Milan's contract really sucks, but if we're able to buy him out and get some picks out of it then I'm all for it.  He's a perfect deterrent for other teams cheap shotting our young stars. He's also young enough that a move back home might re-energize him and motivate him to train harder.  

I'm tired of Louie, he's a pushover and a perimeter player. 

12 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Lol Eriksson played over half the year on Horvats wing. 

How is that not an offensive roll.

Face it Loui.. you're best days are behind you and you are a cap anchor.

This is the part that bothers me the most. He was finally playing top line minutes and putting up points at the end of the season with Bo and Pearson and looked good while doing it. I think we were all happy to see him clicking on a line and finding chemistry. To me it really set them up to continue that forward next season...how can he not be happy with that? I don’t understand this guy at all? Sounds like a guy who is tired of playing in a fish bowl market like Vancouver and is looking for a way out. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So essentially it would be Sutter + 40th OA for 8 OA?  I like it!  Is That extra year if Milan’s Contract worth the disparity for the Oilers to do this?  Would we need to add more to Sutter + 40?  What if we took Russel too, or did Chiarelli give him a NMC too?

Well Sutter is their shutdown center, and Louie could score 25 goals playing on Draisatl or Connon's wing.  It could be a great trade for the Oilers where they also get rid of their worst contract.  

It helps both teams in the sense that NMC and NTC clauses get lifted if the players agree to it, and that's kind of a big deal.  

Imagine if Lucic stays in Edmonton and they have to protect him in the expansion draft.  

If we sign Schenn, we don't have to worry about team toughness anymore as we'll have it up and down the lineup.  Roussell and Virtanen can play a bigger game now because they're not having to fight the heavyweights on the other team.  

I like this trade for both teams, but Lucic does become a buyout candidate in two years if he doesn't get his speed back up.  

22 hours ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Not Subban, Shinkaruk, Forsling, gaunce etc. 

They were the new Chaput and Megna. But at least Chaput and Megna  were responsible to defensively unlike Baerschit and Granlund lol

You’re kidding right? Granlund is one of the most defensively responsible players, Bear was injured most of the season.

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Me too.  That guys money, on pace for thirty goals playing on the second line with Horvat will only help us win more games...compared to the negative value of Guddy even more so (but I will miss his occasional pugilistic style).  From a statistical viewpoint those extra goals means we win more games.   

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

good gawd I hope the chatter - re the trade LE for Milan is just that - chatter. Louie may not be the player he once was but I think he plays a good defensive game and if not for his horrible contract we would probably be happy to have him in that role. And the other thing to remember here is his contract is not only on him -and I am not bashing Benning here either. It was a bad contract - one that should have been good had it worked with the Sedins. But all that is history.

As for the comments - I am not a Swedish translator - but I really do not see Louie throwing Green under the bus - that is not the Louie we see here.  I chose to believe something is lost in the translation. (seeing the cup half full)

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, BlackRedYellow said:

So true... and by being Swedish, I can tell you that the interview wasn't bad at all. He was very honest and simply stated that he and his coach doesn't se everything 100% the same way. Who can say that about anyone? Your friends? Lover? Teacher? 

And, the fact is that he has never gotten to play in the same role as he played in both Dallas and Boston, so I can totally understand what he's saying. Nothing wrong with that. Not at all the same as what Dahlén said. (That was just pure complaining.)

With that said, I think we got him a couple of years too late. His contract does not look good at all. (Even though he's a useful player if used correctly.)

I think you've said it all perfectly. 

37 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Lucic can easily waive his NMC when he gets traded to us. I also think you're underestimating moving two spots up when it comes to the first 10 picks of a draft.  

Just for perspective, in 2016 Ottawa sent a 3rd round pick to the Devils in order to move up from 12th overall to 11th overall. 

In 2009 Islanders gave up a 3rd round pick and a 7th round pick to move up from 16th overall to 12th overall.  

Milan's contract really sucks, but if we're able to buy him out and get some picks out of it then I'm all for it.  He's a perfect deterrent for other teams cheap shotting our young stars. He's also young enough that a move back home might re-energize him and motivate him to train harder.  

I'm tired of Louie, he's a pushover and a perimeter player. 

What does any of this have to do with what I said? We'll very likely get our guy at 10, so why take a lesser player on a longer deal with a NMC to move up 2 spots? Anything short of Byram being at 8 isn't worth moving up 2 spots. And if Byram were there why would Edmonton pass him up? 

Lucic will be 31 to start next season with 4 years remaining on his deal. Are we actually trading for the slug on the hope that for some reason being in Vancouver is gonna de-age him 5-10 years? If he can't produce with arguably two of the most talented youngsters in the game right now why do we think he'll produce here? Is there some magic hipster juice in Vancouver? Pettersson is good but damn, he already has one average skater on his line wanna stick a slug on the line with em too?

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Interesting... With Sweden he seemed to go to the net similar to what Pearson does with Horvat. 

What role did Loui have on Horvats line and how many minutes with Horvat did he get!? 

Because he knows that in an exhibition Euro game no one is going to make him pay for going to the net.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2