Tanev

Baertschi

10th OA

4th & 6th

For

Puljujarvi

8th

2020 4th

Last year likely.  This year no thanks.  I like moving up two spots, but Poolparty is just not a contributing NHL player.  

I don’t think pool party is damaged goods. I don’t think Edmonton ruined him, like they have so so so many others..

I just don’t think he’s that good.  I think Jr’s was his peak.  There is nothing there to salvage. 

Perhaps a Zack Kas type career. Without the fighting skills of course. 

Pool Party and a pick for Goldie's rights?  At least one of them (Nik) showed they can somewhat produce at the top level, but we can take a chance with a physically more imposing and likely more talented player for one who's put up some numbers but who needs a new start if he's not wanted here.

5 hours ago, HughMungus said:

Damaged goods?

If Im Benning im calling Edmontons GM about a swap.

Julevi for Puljarvy

Straight up

good thing you're not benning.. 

JP might still turn into something, but I wouldn't bet OJ on it.. 

I'd look at balancing out a trade of Sutter or Tanev for him tho.. 

6 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

Tanev

Baertschi

10th OA

4th & 6th

For

Puljujarvi

8th

2020 4th

Edmonton has very limited cap space - they have about 10-11M to add 8 players.   They can't take on more salary without shedding bad contracts 1st.  If they ever move their 8th Lucic is likely part of the deal to create space.   

Edmonton needs offensive Ds and that's not Tanev.  

Baertschi had immediate chemistry with RNH at the prospects game and would probably fit well in their top-6.  He has the smarts and the puck skills to play with their high end players but his concussion history is an issue and his salary is too high for Edmonton.  Also Canucks have way too many bodies up front and teams are unlikely to give up valuable assets to help them out.  

12 hours ago, John McClane said:

I don’t think pool party is damaged goods. I don’t think Edmonton ruined him, like they have so so so many others..

I just don’t think he’s that good.  I think Jr’s was his peak.  There is nothing there to salvage. 

Perhaps a Zack Kas type career. Without the fighting skills of course. 

Had half a decent season in the AHL I’m 2017, but other than that he’s never produced well in North America. He continuously gets relegated to bottom six roles and has no intensity. He’s had 2 NHL coaches that can’t get anything out of him. He just had double hip surgery. He will require waivers next year so he basically has to play in the NHL and can’t go to the AHL without getting claimed, despite being only 21. 

Face it, it’s very unlikely he ever lives up to his potential and he’s not worth the risk. 

5 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

Had half a decent season in the AHL I’m 2017, but other than that he’s never produced well in North America. He continuously gets relegated to bottom six roles and has no intensity. He’s had 2 NHL coaches that can’t get anything out of him. He just had double hip surgery. He will require waivers next year so he basically has to play in the NHL and can’t go to the AHL without getting claimed, despite being only 21. 

Face it, it’s very unlikely he ever lives up to his potential and he’s not worth the risk. 

Hitch asked Chiarelli to bring him back from the AHL when he got hired.  He explained that he wanted a hand in his development and could see him being a top-6 F within a month.  Hasn't worked.

1 hour ago, mll said:

Hitch asked Chiarelli to bring him back from the AHL when he got hired.  He explained that he wanted a hand in his development and could see him being a top-6 F within a month.  Hasn't worked.

It took Hitchcock less than a couple months to give up on puljujarvi. He saw the tools in the toolbox and thought he could turn puljujarvi into what he was drafted to become. 

Canucks would be wise to avoid Hitchcock’s mistake