The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes | Bruins win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/12/2019 at 07:00 PM

On 5/17/2019 at 11:39 AM, oldnews said:

If it wasn't obvious enough before = there's more than one way to build a contender.

Nobody ever argued that.  Just what works most often.  Unpredictability of sports, you can do everything wrong and still win sometimes. 

Anyway, congrats on your team making the finals.  

20 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

Nobody ever argued that.  Just what works most often.  Unpredictability of sports, you can do everything wrong and still win sometimes. 

Anyway, congrats on your team making the finals.  

Image result for sarcastic nod gif

Do yourself a favour, and before you post laughable claims like this (repeatedly, for years) trry looking at some evidence for a change.

1) look at the list of first overall picks dating back (forever) and you'll realize that there are only a handful of them that have won Stanley Cups - in the last 30 years.

2) look at the list of Stanley Cup Champions dating back 30 years and likewise, you will find that the Pittsburgh and Chicago experience is an exception and nothing near 'what works most often'.    Detroit, Boston, LA, New Jersey, Montreal, previous generation Islanders, etc  say hello to your 'most often' story.

But story-on with your goldfish Pittsburgh/Chicago blinders.   What's 'most often' is an empirical claim - which you have no basis to make.  For every Chicago/Pittsurgh, there are Deadmontons, Buffalos, Torontos, Colorados, for every Capitals (who took forever and a handful of playoff failures to win) there are modern-day Islanders, St Louis, etc.

Your assumption - that there is a "wrong" way and a "right way" is just an absurd doubling down on a myth you can't let go of.

Still obviously licking your Leaf-blower wounds.
Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 1

On 5/17/2019 at 9:38 PM, Toyotasfan said:

1st and 2nd round Carolina out worked and outskated their opponents, for the better part of game 1 of this series they looked like a better team. Then they lost to the psychological warfare and dirty play of the veteran Bruins. 

I was cheering for Carolina but this series was Men vs Boys. Let’s go Western conference team.

The sad part of this (I think your take is relatively true) is that Williams was probably the guy that bit hardest - and most notably blew a headgasket - over what should have been predictable Bruins tactics that you'd hope they'd be more proactive in responding to/dealing with.  Williams is as experienced and successful a playoff combatant as perhaps anyone in the league - his leadership fail was pretty stark/borderline shocking.

It was also surprising to see a Tortorella team do nothing about McAvoy, and do nothing about that chickenshizz ratface rabbit punch - it's just bizarre that teams don't really call Marchand out in the right way - and predictable that the officials and DoPeShow do nothing about him.

In any event, I hope St Louis steamroll them.  One thing about St Louis that bodes well imo - I think they have solid two way forwards throughout their lineup,  down to a fourth line that ought to match up well with Boston's, and a blueline that is hard to play against from top to bottom.  I like their chances (assuming they can take another game from the milkhotdogs).