The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes | Bruins win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/12/2019 at 07:00 PM

Just now, Generational.EP40 said:

- Marchand, who’s not a pest anymore and is a top scorer in the league and one of the best players/wingers outright in the world

- funny how you’re saying so generically but not naming any names

- dirty hits? Talk about generic again. They don’t do them intentionally like they did in 2011. If they do it’s no different than when any other team/player does it on accident

- again, what I said above

...but pleeease, do go on and on and on and on :rolleyes:

Bitter and delusional living in the past :lol:

WHAT?! Did you not see McAvoy’s hit today. Looked intentional to everybody watching. 

Marchand not a pest anymore. Lol.

I’m out, that’s enough CDC for me.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, J-23 said:

WHAT?! Did you not see McAvoy’s hit today. Looked intentional to everybody watching. 

Marchand not a pest anymore. Lol.

I’m out, that’s enough CDC for me.

100 point goon, that’s a first 

...same goes for me cya :lol: 

Edit: sorry, meant to say goon not pest. He still tries to get under people’s skin here and there (not nearly as often) but he’s not the same cheap dirty player that he was in his first few seasons in the league.

Edited by Generational.EP40
  • Cheers 1

doesn't  matter how many goals the rat had , it doesn't erase  the dirty rat that he is. that will never change for the whole league. also Chara is a sneaky player , waits for the ref to turn his head 

• Upvote 1

I'm going with wishful thinking....

Carolina in 6.

If I have to qualify it - I like Carolina's blueline better (I think Slavin could be the best player on the ice),  I think the Staal line stands a decent chance of somewhat sawing off the Bergeron line, and no one has managed to find an answer to the Justin Williams horseshoe effect (playing with Aho and Foegele doesn't hurt either.._

Can McElhinney beat Rask?  Sure hope so.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

How do all of you feel about cheering for Boston in round 1 now? Leafs would've lost to CBJ.

Bruins will win easily, in 5. The path was paved for them all the way to the cup.

Great cause out of the teams left I want the Bruins to win the Cup. 

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I can't see how any fan of the sport could cheer for the Bruins.  Absolutely classless franchise and McAvoy is just perpetuating a culture where gutless cheapshots are encouraged.  Hope he's allowed to play and finishes the playoffs as quadriplegic due to hit every bit as dirty as what he gave tonight.

Sorry but this is pathetic. Even Anderson was laughing with and heard out McAvoy’s side on what was an awful but unintentional hit to the head. It should have been a major but it wasn't malicious. 

To wish McAvoy be a quadriplegic over that is beyond ridiculous. You keep whining on and on here about Sutherland and O’Halloran “not being able to conduct themselves with any sort of professionalism” then spew this garbage. Just stop. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Great cause out of the teams left I want the Bruins to win the Cup. 

I agree otherwise the other teams ( except Dallas ) have yet to win one cup which would have the Canuck haters adding another layer of shame on us.

And you know how they like to rub that in!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Generational.EP40 said:

100 point goon, that’s a first 

...same goes for me cya :lol: 

Edit: sorry, meant to say goon not pest. He still tries to get under people’s skin here and there (not nearly as often) but he’s not the same cheap dirty player that he was in his first few seasons in the league.

Don’t get me wrong Marchand is a good player, but still up there as a pest. Boston still a dirty team imo. Guess we can just agree to disagree on this one..

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Bruins in 5 games. Bruins have game breakers, balance throughout the lineup, and I think a better goalie as well.

I guess you never know in hockey though. Refereeing plays an important role; the league may want to revive the Hurricanes franchise and want them to reach the cup final to bring the fans back.

1 hour ago, 6string said:

I agree otherwise the other teams ( except Dallas ) have yet to win one cup which would have the Canuck haters adding another layer of shame on us.

And you know how they like to rub that in!

Dallas won the cup in '99 with the infamous Brett Hull "skate in the crease" goal.

16 hours ago, Master Mind said:

How do all of you feel about cheering for Boston in round 1 now? Leafs would've lost to CBJ.

Bruins will win easily, in 5. The path was paved for them all the way to the cup.

I suspect the people "cheering for Boston" - actually like Boston and are probably still cheering for them.

Cheering is somewhat irrelevent in any event - the Leafs lost again because Dubas can't build a blueline, period. 

Lots of reasons to hate Boston - would never 'cheer' for them - but hate them or not, they know how to build, develop and coach winning hockey.  If you want to take them out, you have to legitimately earn it - and the Leafs did not.

Toronto on the other hand are arrogant, have won nothing, proclaim themselves Stanley Cup favorites and Canada's team - and were just begging to get rekt - in spite of what should have been repeat lessons learned the past few playoffs.  Did Dubas learn his lesson?  No - he doubled-down on his mistakes - and paid accordingly for it - and now all the smoke in Toronto surrounds Babcock, and a pathetic side-issue of an underachieving prima-donna's first overall's ice time.  They're setting the tone for yet another failure to learn from their mis-build.

The CBJ unfortunately only showed up for the first four games of that series - and I think the reasons for that are numerous.

1) half a blueline

2) a coach that lets his 4th line rot on the bench.

3) no response to typical chickenshizz Bruins punk-show - nothing done to or about Marchand, nothing done to remove McAvoy from game 6 when they would have had every legitimate reason in the wake of a typical NHL officiating gongshow - to expect McAvoy to answer.  Someone on Columbus should have obliged McAvoy to drop the gloves - and if he refused, that's a message sent and can be a game-changer in terms of the tone it sets.

In any event, I wouldn't be underestimating Carolina as you are - with the state of Columbus' blueline (half of it injured), and Tortorella, as he typically does, over-riding the top end of his lineup and rolling 3 lines......Carolina has both a deeper blueline at this point than Columbus did, and I doubt Brind'Amour makes the mistakes that Tortorella did.  Torts' group ran out of gas by game 4 - and to complicate the problem, stopped asserting themselves.  I'd be shocked if Carolina made those kinds of fatal errors.

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Master Mind said:

I wasn't cheer for Boston, but against the friggin' Leafs.  I'd rather Boston with the Cup, than have to listen to the Leaf lover crap on TV and radio for that extra week.  The Leafs are a LOSER of a team, and I'm very happy they are out.

If we can't win the Cup, then anyone BUT THE LOSER LEAFS is next best.  (Except Calgary.  I hate that team too.)

• Cheers 1