The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes | Bruins win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/12/2019 at 07:00 PM

40 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I suspect the people "cheering for Boston" - actually like Boston and are probably still cheering for them.

The CBJ unfortunately only showed up for the first four games of that series - and I think the reasons for that are numerous.

1) half a blueline

2) a coach that lets his 4th line rot on the bench.

3) no response to typical chickenshizz Bruins punk-show - nothing done to or about Marchand, nothing done to remove McAvoy from game 6 when they would have had every legitimate reason in the wake of a typical NHL officiating gongshow - to expect McAvoy to answer.  Someone on Columbus should have obliged McAvoy to drop the gloves - and if he refused, that's a message sent and can be a game-changer in terms of the tone it sets.

In any event, I wouldn't be underestimating Carolina as you are - with the state of Columbus' blueline (half of it injured), and Tortorella, as he typically does, over-riding the top end of his lineup and rolling 3 lines......Carolina has both a deeper blueline at this point than Columbus did, and I doubt Brind'Amour makes the mistakes that Tortorella did.  Torts' group ran out of gas by game 4 - and to complicate the problem, stopped asserting themselves.  I'd be shocked if Carolina made those kinds of fatal errors.

That's the case for some, but I think the majority of CDC at least was just cheering against the Leafs, as evidenced below. Agree on your assessment of CBJ and CAR, but surely we both know what BOS will get away with, and will deplete the Canes pretty quickly. Plus I don't think the Canes have the offense to get through Rask.

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wasn't cheer for Boston, but against the friggin' Leafs.  I'd rather Boston with the Cup, than have to listen to the Leaf lover crap on TV and radio for that extra week.  The Leafs are a LOSER of a team, and I'm very happy they are out.

If we can't win the Cup, then anyone BUT THE LOSER LEAFS is next best.  (Except Calgary.  I hate that team too.)

I can't stand the media either, but I think an obnoxious media is the lesser of two evils when compared to the dirty tactics of the Bruins. And as mentioned, I think CBJ would've beaten the Leafs, but definitely weren't getting through Boston, not with 3 of their D out.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

That's the case for some, but I think the majority of CDC at least was just cheering against the Leafs, as evidenced below. Agree on your assessment of CBJ and CAR, but surely we both know what BOS will get away with, and will deplete the Canes pretty quickly. Plus I don't think the Canes have the offense to get through Rask.

I can't stand the media either, but I think an obnoxious media is the lesser of two evils when compared to the dirty tactics of the Bruins. And as mentioned, I think CBJ would've beaten the Leafs, but definitely weren't getting through Boston, not with 3 of their D out.

Lesser of two evils.  If given the choice one must always choose the lesser of two weevils. B)