The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks will not qualify Derrick Pouliot

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I don't know why CDC would be so opposed to that exact scenario. I'd happily re-sign him for league min and have him as 8th D/in Utica.

If he's the 8th defenseman, where does that leave Biega and Schenn?

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

If he's the 8th defenseman, where does that leave Biega and Schenn?

Biega/Schenn are right D. Pouliot is left D. 

Biega/Schenn will be competing for one spot, the other in Utica.

I'd be fine if Sautner/Pouliot were the guys competing for the spare left D spot and likewise the loser of that competition goes to Utica.

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Because we run the risk of him being called up or dressed.

Reminds me of Megna, but I'm pretty sure he played only 1 game the next year. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, The Lock said:

If this is what you think, then you need to seriously pay more attention to how bad other teams have had it outside of Vancouver. lol

I would actually consider it to be a decent rebuild by rebuild standards. There are literally perpetual rebuilds out there that have gone on for decades at this point, both past and present.

Oh god, the fact that you are comparing it to that proves my point entirely.

• Wat 3

46 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

No it doesn't. The only point I see is you expect a miracle like Chicago or Pittsburgh to happen. The fact that we could probably count how many of those have happened in the past 10 or 20 years on our 2 hands shows how infrequent that is.

Perhaps you want caviar and filet mignon with that whine since apparently your expectations are just too good for us normal folk who realise that building a team is actually hard and not like an EA game!

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

The fact that there is examples of much worse situations then ours, somehow proves your point entirely? I can not wrap my head around that logic.

• Haha 3

His play in the d-zone was pretty brutal at times. How many passes did he make to team mates when pressured to only have the passes in their skates. A tad more physical and little calmer in his d-zone and he might be able to stick in the NHL. That said the competition league wide is fierce. Green gave him a lot of TOI.  

3 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

that makes, pouliot, del zotto, gudbranson, moved. question marks for hutton, edler and tanev.  the D is changing.

Yes, we are changing the D, but are we getting better?  Hughes is clearly an upgrade, but who replaces Edler and Tanev?  

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes, we are changing the D, but are we getting better?  Hughes is clearly an upgrade, but who replaces Edler and Tanev?  

I think we need them for another couple of years while our D prospects develop. We could also use a couple more this draft imo. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Edler wouldn't waive his NTC (his right) but wants to test the free agency market lol. 

I think the strategy is to see what the market really is and use it as a bargaining chip.  Not for Edler to sign elsewhere.  It's a chess game