The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks will not qualify Derrick Pouliot

Contrary to popular belief amongst us, Pouliot isn’t as bad as he perceives. His mistakes are magnified because of the role he was given to by Green due to injuries in our top 4. When he was playing bottom pairing minutes, he did just fine. As mentioned by @oldnews his advance stats are on par, if not better, with other bottom pairing defensemen around the league.

Edited by shiznak
  • Cheers 4

Pouliot showed flashes of his potential from time to time, but could never really dial things in.  I think his game is just too inconsistent for the NHL.  He will go on to light up some european league.

14 hours ago, shiznak said:

Contrary to popular belief amongst us, Pouliot isn’t as bad as he perceives. His mistakes are magnified because of the role he was given to by Green due to injuries in our top 4. When he was playing bottom pairing minutes, he did just fine. As mentioned by @oldnews his advance stats are on par, if not better, with other bottom pairing defensemen around the league.

LOL that's your opinion, he was bad, hence him not getting resigned. What part of that do you not understand?:lol: Him and Gaunce were not useful at all and it appears management agrees. Hutton is next.

Edited by EdgarM

10 hours ago, BCNate said:

Pouliot showed flashes of his potential from time to time, but could never really dial things in.  I think his game is just too inconsistent for the NHL.  He will go on to light up some european league.

...like being the distraction for Petey's first shot and first NHL goal....:emot-parrot:

Edited by ItsAllOursBoys
  • Cheers 1

On 5/8/2019 at 10:13 AM, -AJ- said:

I'd be fine with a cheap re-signing, but I'd prefer to see him in Utica instead. I have a feeling his offense could take over in the AHL and he could be a big part of Utica getting better. Alternatively, he's probably our 7th or 8th defenseman.

I'd prefer to wait for actual training camp and preseason and see who earns spots as opposed to prejudging it.  He may not have a great chance, but there's always a player or two that surprise people.

• Cheers 1