The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trans individuals are killing female sports

sam13371337

47 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

sure lets throw science out the window to make people feel better

I guess if someone wants to be classified as an animal they deserve that too

i guess pedophiles deserve the right to determine they're really a kid/teenager no matter what theyre birth certificate or science says

if you bothered to check the scientific thinking on trans issues you'd see that it doesn't agree with you. And that other stuff is just silly. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

And if we let men marry other men, then who's to stop them from marrying goats?

Seriously, I hardly believe this is a huge issue.  There is a mature conclusion to this without freaking out and going to extremes.

these threads always end up in the same place. There's no point in having them. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

sure lets throw science out the window to make people feel better

I guess if someone wants to be classified as an animal they deserve that too

i guess pedophiles deserve the right to determine they're really a kid/teenager no matter what theyre birth certificate or science says

What science do you speak of?

Humans are, by definition, classified as animals.

Your 3rd point is a ridiculous leap to a mental illness topic that doesn't pertain to this discussion.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Why not give them their own category? It's pretty unfair to women to have them compete against people who are biologically men.

This is the logical answer.  But there is absolutely nothing logical about the culture war.  Expect it to get crazier.  Something like BAN THEM ALL instead.

• Upvote 1

For individual contests we could have all the competitors compete in one big field, men, women, trans, etc..., if we put designations beside the result rankings?

I don't know what the answer should be for women's team contact sports.

2 hours ago, sam13371337 said:

somewhere along the way of do gooding,  the progressives lost all their common sense, and have become blind idealogues. 

I used to be a liberal progressive, but they lost me along time ago.. this is INSANITY

if your a mediocre dude with little talent and cant make it in mens sport.  Just put on some Leipsic, identify as "female" and go and crush female competitions. its becoming a major trend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIlq85dL0C4

theres also jaycee cooper.  An obese 300 pound man who turned "women" and became an absolute weight lifting prodigy over night. shattering womens records whom gifted atheletes had trained their entire lives for.  there is that 300 pound dude with a similar story in aussie handball,.  its becoming more and more common.  its only a matter of time before some mediocre hockey play that cant make the ECHL suddenly transitions and wins gold medals on womens hockey teams, and shatters any and all records that exist.

this has to stop

where is Ben Shapiro ? he will call it like it is and set things straight.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

It is physiologically impossible to change someone sex,  the sex of each individual is encoded in the genes—XX if female, XY if male. Surgery can only create the appearance of the other sex

sexual identity is on every cell of the body and can be determined through DNA testing. It cannot be changed.

Please though tell me otherwise

Can intolerance of others different than you be changed... ?

I think the problem this has created in sport is that people aren't distinguishing between gender and sex. People jump to conclusions because they think the terms are synonymous which they aren't. The area of sport and how the transgender issue pertains to it is complicated because in sport there is so much physical ability involved. Physical ability that is generally more abundant in the male sex. The hormonal therapy and individualistic responses to such treatment further complicates the picture and likely benefits certain individuals receiving such therapy. In other aspects of life the playing field is more or less even so it is more of a social/moral/ideological issue - generally more gender based (identifying etc) because there are not a lot of clear (dis)advantages of one sex or the other.

• Upvote 2

IMO, For sports, whatever parts they were born with. Certainly that has to be on the application, right? ;) What`s next? An onslaught of underskilled males putting on wigs and makeup, and claiming to be female so they have a better chance of winning? Sheesh. Where`s the honour in that? 

59 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

It is physiologically impossible to change someone sex,  the sex of each individual is encoded in the genes—XX if female, XY if male. Surgery can only create the appearance of the other sex

sexual identity is on every cell of the body and can be determined through DNA testing. It cannot be changed.

Please though tell me otherwise

Absolute horse$&!#.

4 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

like said please tell me otherwise 

I hesitate to dignify your position, but people born as intersex do not fit into your regressive normative view.

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Why not give them their own category? It's pretty unfair to women to have them compete against people who are biologically men.

They do have their own category.  It's called "men".

13 minutes ago, Jack_T said:

I hesitate to dignify your position, but people born as intersex do not fit into your regressive normative view.

"Intersex" is not the same as "transgender."

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

They do have their own category.  It's called "men".

"Intersex" is not the same as "transgender."

That’s nice. Read the post i responded to.

edit: also, why is intersex in quotations? Do you not agree that the classification is true?

Edited by Guest