The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trans individuals are killing female sports

sam13371337

Many know about the Conneticut High School Track and Field Championship over the last two years where two TGs are smashing records and taking away oppurtunities from young women pursuing their dreams including possible sholarships.

Which University in America will be the first to recruit a TG for women sport?

A sad reality that may happen.

4 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

sure lets throw science out the window to make people feel better

I guess if someone wants to be classified as an animal they deserve that too

i guess pedophiles deserve the right to determine they're really a kid/teenager no matter what theyre birth certificate or science says

Gender is a continuum and fluid , the world has evolved.  People need to make an effort and keep evolving as well. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

37 minutes ago, 6string said:

Many know about the Conneticut High School Track and Field Championship over the last two years where two TGs are smashing records and taking away oppurtunities from young women pursuing

Genderbread-Person-v4-1200-768x986.png

• Haha 2
  • Wat 2

17 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

This is what’s wrong with society. Lmaooo 

Imagine thinking you’re beyond science and biology :lol: :picard:

Hilarious that you accuse me of the one being beyond science.

Call it a hunch, but I believe the same people who argue in favour of outdated scientific views that suggest there is only “XX and XY” are the same ones who would argue women have no place in sport. 

I suppose this is progress. The regressive right have been resigned to accepting women in sport.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

It is physiologically impossible to change someone sex,  the sex of each individual is encoded in the genes—XX if female, XY if male. Surgery can only create the appearance of the other sex

sexual identity is on every cell of the body and can be determined through DNA testing. It cannot be changed.

Please though tell me otherwise

The genetics of sex are not that simple - there are variants to that: https://www.who.int/genomics/gender/en/index1.html

Also, you are making a common mistake and equating sex and gender. They are not the same thing. 

If you're really interested read the link above and also this one from the APA: https://www.apa.org/topics/lgbt/transgender

I've posted this info before in other discussions on this, I'm not interested in a political-type or Ben Shaprio based discussion on it, the scientific view is easy to find if you're actually interested. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

No kidding.  

For a chuckle, check out Ben Shapiro’s hissy fit on the BBC when Andrew Neil (a conservative himself) didn’t let him prop up his usual “right vs left, you’re being biased” victim card.  

On topic: I think there’s a rational discussion to be had around trans athletes but some of the people dying to have this conversation don’t have the understanding of transgenderism itself to have the discussion on trans athletics.  

yeah I saw that, that was a bomber hissy fit.

For sure there is a discussion that needs having on sport, its not like its a person applying for a regular job, e.g. Sport is probably the one of the few, maybe only, area where you could build an argument for exclusion, but it would have to be done with some care. Maybe some sports open to any athletes is the best way to go? dunno. 

We live in a world where media promotes this kind of crap, d emasculating men Ala Gillette commercial , Promoting the LGBTAFGLMNOP community left and right..and it's becoming socially acceptable..I am worried for our future.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

It is physiologically impossible to change someone sex,  the sex of each individual is encoded in the genes—XX if female, XY if male. Surgery can only create the appearance of the other sex

sexual identity is on every cell of the body and can be determined through DNA testing. It cannot be changed.

Please though tell me otherwise

So what gender is someone who has XXY chromosomes? or XXXY? or XXYY? or XXX? or XXXX? or XXXXX?  What Gender is X with a blank?  Y with a blank?  Also what gender is someone born with AIS? The human being is one hell of a lot more complicated than you have been taught in High school Biology class I'm afraid.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

I have no problem with people pretending what ever they want, but are the trans people (dudes) dominating women sports kind of taking away from real female athletes? And would that not set back women sport in general if you just let men in skirts go win the sport?

Besides if they just gave every one a medal or trophy everybody would be included, YAY 2019!!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

We live in a world where media promotes this kind of crap, d emasculating men Ala Gillette commercial , Promoting the LGBTAFGLMNOP community left and right..and it's becoming socially acceptable..I am worried for our future.

Yeh because heterosexuals are being abused, discriminated against on a daily basis across our country.... sickening...

• Upvote 1

Just now, CBH1926 said:

Simple solution, men vs men, women vs women and transgender vs transgender.

and everyone gets a first place ribbon and no scores are kept, no fragile feelings get hurt. But seriously I agree with you

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if you bothered to check the scientific thinking on trans issues you'd see that it doesn't agree with you. And that other stuff is just silly. 

What we are witnessing now in women’s sport (with trans people competing) is looking kind of silly, isn’t it?  

It looks like Pandora’s box is open.  

Do you remember Dr. Rene Richards?  The 70’s Tennis player?  She was likely the first.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Simple solution, men vs men, women vs women and transgender vs transgender.

How about a 4th category... ?    Men, Women, TG and  "other"

Everyone could find a place in these olympics.......

8 minutes ago, Hansman said:

Why bother even keeping score? just let everyone win

I like it.   No winner is better option though..  Winnings sounds like such an outdated  concept. Such exclusionary of a term.....

Just give every athlete  a participation sticker / badge.    Play all 128 various national anthems at the awards / participation sticker awards event.

Make it a montage of all 128 countries  anthems...   Instead of  3 tier medal podium...   YOu go with a  one level bench... 25 meters long ... so all athletes can stand on it at the same time and get their stickers... of participation. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1