The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Peggy Lipton of Mod Squad passes away.

aliboy

44 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

RIP Peggy. 

A cop show with young people and no guns.

That would never fly today.

Great theme too. 

They had specific guidelines back in those days on the amount of violence they could show so even if they wanted to have 'guns blazing in every scene', they couldn't.

I remember reading about another TV series a bit later "Kung Fu" where the show could only allow X number of punches in an hour.  Another show like SWAT I think eventually got taken off the air because concerns about the "violence".  But boy, did it have a great theme as well:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

They had specific guidelines back in those days on the amount of violence they could show so even if they wanted to have 'guns blazing in every scene', they couldn't.

I remember reading about another TV series a bit later "Kung Fu" where the show could only allow X number of punches in an hour.  Another show like SWAT I think eventually got taken off the air because concerns about the "violence".  But boy, did it have a great theme as well:

You sure?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You sure?

I don’t think he used the rifle in every episode (heh, maybe every other episode).  Famed movie director Sam Peckinpah learned his craft first I think directing this series.  He must have really restrained himself considering how realistically violent some of the movies he directed were.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I don’t think he used the rifle in every episode (heh, maybe every other episode).  Famed movie director Sam Peckinpah learned his craft first I think directing this series.  He must have really restrained himself considering how realistically violent some of the movies he directed were.

But the comments "OMG Quad Kill!", and Trifeca, is hilarious. 

• Upvote 1