The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal]Eriksson + 10th for Lucic + Bouchard

Edmonton is going want NHL PLAYERS NOW. 

They could be right for getting some picks out them tanev sutter might be guys they would give up prospects or picks for.

i doubt Edmonton wants picks that don’t help the team today. 

I wouldn’t want anything to do Lucy who’s just another 6mill third liner.

Then it would just be a matter of getting rid of eriksdone who might hold interest to cheap teams want to reach the cap floor. 

Turn tanev into a prospect or pick 

sutter prospect or pick  

eriksdone  off the roster   - as long as jb doesn’t  pay for another team to take him. 

Dont sign and over pay for anymore bottom 3 ufas. 

Summer of success. 

1 minute ago, combover said:

Edmonton is going want NHL PLAYERS NOW. 

They could be right for getting some picks out them tanev sutter might be guys they would give up prospects or picks for.

that would be ideal. Don't think we get the 8th for either of them without taking a bad contract back, but maybe the 38th oa. 

Having 38 and 40 could present some very good options like last draft. 

• Cheers 1

On 5/13/2019 at 10:17 AM, IBatch said:

Yet he dominated the same peer group again in the OHL.   He’s developing well and yes he will play, maybe next year.  As a comparison he outplayed OJ in his draft plus one, and wasn’t far off from OJ in his draft year either.  He reminds me of Chabot, and he’s considered a top ten player not yet in the NHL ahead of a lot of guys considered sure things.  OJ is continued to slip, and never made the top ten, in the forties now close to where AG was a year ago.  One tournament doesn’t mean everything, just as Puljajarvi, and well OJ.    I would do this trade in an instant, doubt we will get a player as good as him at ten, so did EDM when they drafted him as they didn’t have a jersey ready for him.  Most guys thought he’d go around 5-6.   

Im not convinced that skating fast is the be all end all, it’s a trend.  The leagues always had fast players and a lot of them end up as third liners.   Bouchard is a bull, one of the best passers in his generation and actually has a point shot.   Don’t know what’s not to like, if he was our prospect we’d be comparing him to Weber.

The problem is he'd be comparable to Yannik Weber instead of Shea.  The guy is an absolute piece of trash in his own end.  We can only hope that Edmonton continues to ice such a defensive liability.  No room on this team for a defenseman who can't play defense.

Edited by King Heffy

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

His contract is similar to Eriksson, it is buyout proof so I don't see why Holland would do this.

it's buy out proof in terms of saving any real dollars

but buying him out would free up cap space

and if they cannot move him then that is still a viable option

to clear room to sign a better player to the roster

and kick his slow ass off a team that is already too slow

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

His contract is similar to Eriksson, it is buyout proof so I don't see why Holland would do this.

Before the Holland hire - but maybe he too thinks it's the best approach.  Probably also too high of a price to trade.  It's a drag on a team to have players who don't fit.  Sometimes it's better to just take the hit and move on.  Not ideal but they don't take on another bad contract who might be even less of a fit.  

Edited by mll

25 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

This year a decent chunk but after that...not a lot.

2019-20 $3,000,000 $6,000,000 $625,000 $2,375,000 $3,625,000
2020-21 $1,000,000 $6,000,000 $625,000 $375,000 $5,625,000
2021-22 $2,500,000 $6,000,000 $625,000 $1,875,000 $4,125,000
2022-23 $1,000,000 $6,000,000 $625,000 $375,000 $5,625,000
2023-24 $0 $0 $625,000 -$625,000 $625,000
2024-25 $0 $0 $625,000 -$625,000 $625,000
2025-26 $0 $0 $625,000 -$625,000 $625,000
2026-27 $0 $0 $625,000 -$625,000 $625,000

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

This year a decent chunk but after that...not a lot.

2019-20 $3,000,000 $6,000,000 $625,000 $2,375,000 $3,625,000
2020-21 $1,000,000 $6,000,000 $625,000 $375,000 $5,625,000
2021-22 $2,500,000 $6,000,000 $625,000 $1,875,000 $4,125,000
2022-23 $1,000,000 $6,000,000 $625,000 $375,000 $5,625,000
2023-24 $0 $0 $625,000 -$625,000 $625,000
2024-25 $0 $0 $625,000 -$625,000 $625,000
2025-26 $0 $0 $625,000 -$625,000 $625,000
2026-27 $0 $0 $625,000 -$625,000 $625,000

i have no idea what your numbers refer to without headings

but lovely figures you posted anyway

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

i have no idea what your numbers refer to without headings

but lovely figures you posted anyway

The bolded on the far right are his cap hit after buyout. So they save $2.375m this year but after that, the buyout has almost no benefit (beyond getting him off the team).

1 minute ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Edmonton is trading the 8th.

They'll buy him out and hope that the 8th can step in for him or one of the prospects that are developing in the AHL.

8th overall on an ELC + Lucic buyout cap hit is less than Lucic's 6M cap hit.  There are a couple of seasons where things might be tight but the cap is expected to go up. 

2 minutes ago, mll said:

They'll buy him out and hope that the 8th can step in for him or one of the prospects that are developing in the AHL.

8th overall on an ELC + Lucic buyout cap hit is less than Lucic's 6M cap hit.  There are a couple of seasons where things might be tight but the cap is expected to go up. 

Or they trade their 8th overall, Poolparty and another pick for Benn.

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

They only save cap space for next year. After that they save almost nothing.  They are better off just burying him in the minors then extending his contract an additional 4 years for a buyout. 

Maybe there is a team that would take him for 50% retention. That would be their best case scenario. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that would be ideal. Don't think we get the 8th for either of them without taking a bad contract back, but maybe the 38th oa. 

Having 38 and 40 could present some very good options like last draft. 

I wouldn’t think we get the eighth either but who says it has to be this years pick. 

Look at what happen with Ottawa and Colorado.

so we trade for next years first, holland plans don’t include being terrible again and theY probably won’t be as bad but we still secure another 1st. last Thing  we need is MORE washed out 28-35 years old of any kind. 

21 minutes ago, combover said:

I wouldn’t think we get the eighth either but who says it has to be this years pick. 

Look at what happen with Ottawa and Colorado.

so we trade for next years first, holland plans don’t include being terrible again and theY probably won’t be as bad but we still secure another 1st. last Thing  we need is MORE washed out 28-35 years old of any kind. 

I just dont see Holland burning 1st rounders, particularly this year at 8 where he might actually get a roster player.  He has done deals where he's swapped 1st rounders, or traded late 1sts for two seconds, etc. but he's not an easy mark like Chiarelli or the Ottawa gong show.

Agree on the washed out part. 

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_GM/Ken_Holland/138/1

I dont have a great record of Holland but from what I remember he didnt move high picks in the same conference.

Althout with the whole detroit from west to east i might be wrong.

I think he would rather pick high and off the board for his guy to give some confidence to the poor chump entering the tirefire than trade down for a chance at said player.

I honestly feel hes gunna do something with Pits or TBL and RNH lol

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

The problem is he'd be comparable to Yannik Weber instead of Shea.  The guy is an absolute spreadsheet in his own end.  We can only hope that Edmonton continues to ice such a defensive liability.  No room on this team for a defenseman who can't play defense.

Do you read the scouting reports or are you just going on bs.   Bouchard is considered one of the best defensive prospects in the league by a lot of references.  THN for example has him third behind Makar (1) Hughes (2) and Bouchard (13) best prospects in the world.  Bouqvist has slipped, all Bouchard did was dominate both in the regular season and the playoffs in the OHL, won best defenseman two years in a row and OHL MVP this year.  Like I said if I had to compare him to anyone it would be Chabot.   They also say he could end up as the best defenseman in his class, which says a lot considering Dahlin went first overall.   His development will come with time, writing him off as an AHL pro or bad defensively is ridiculous.  Again two years in a row he the best junior legaue in the CHL has him as number one.  He’s way ahead of where OJ was at the same time, and will be in the NHL sooner than later. 

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Do you read the scouting reports or are you just going on bs.   Bouchard is considered one of the best defensive prospects in the league by a lot of references.  THN for example has him third behind Makar (1) Hughes (2) and Bouchard (13) best prospects in the world.  Bouqvist has slipped, all Bouchard did was dominate both in the regular season and the playoffs in the OHL, won best defenseman two years in a row and OHL MVP this year.  Like I said if I had to compare him to anyone it would be Chabot.   They also say he could end up as the best defenseman in his class, which says a lot considering Dahlin went first overall.   His development will come with time, writing him off as an AHL pro or bad defensively is ridiculous.  Again two years in a row he the best junior legaue in the CHL has him as number one.  He’s way ahead of where OJ was at the same time, and will be in the NHL sooner than later. 

Saw him play live in training camp, pre tournament games, and in the actual tournament.  He shouldn't have made the team and played like absolute trash in literally every single game I saw him in.  Absolutely zero hockey sense in his own end, poorly timed pinches, and easy to go wide on.  Only going based on my own eyes instead of blindly regurgitating other's opinions.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Chabot isn’t the brightest bulb on the tree, so I don’t see the comparison to Bouchard.  Chabot makes up for a lack of quick thinking with fabulous skating.  Bouchard is the opposite.  He’s really hockey smart, but struggles skating.