The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canucks-Islanders

2 hours ago, mll said:

There's really no incentive for them to move him just one year after his draft.  A 6'3 right shot D is a pretty valuable asset and his development is on track.

Not sure Gaudette would draw much interest.  He doesn't have NHL pace yet and could use some more development time in the AHL.  For now he looks like a prospect that a lot of teams already have. 

Good points on both accounts (Wilde and Gaudette).  

I’m just spitballing outloud here, but I’m wondering if a Gaudette to Carolina for Ronald McKeown would be fair value.....or even a good idea?  McKeown is a pretty decent and stable defenseman that is simply a victim of playing behind a deep defense.  Perhaps he’s a good that could benefit with more ice time?   Then again - I do think Gaudette’s upside is significantly higher.  Might pay to be patient.

21 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

I'd honestly consider doing that.   

Gaudette for Wilde, with the hopes that Madden would eventually grow into the position that Gaudette is in now.

I think I would be on board as well but would wait to see if Madden can really be that guy to take on that 3c role. If Madden proves he can be a regular and impactful 3c then I would gladly drive Gaudette to the airport for Wilde. Wilde was actually the dman I was hoping we took with our 2nd or tried to get an additional 2nd to take both him and Woo. We ended up with one of the two I wanted so I was happy. If we can now go out and get Wilde as well, RHD with a big shot and plays a physical game we can stop hoping Trymakin comes back.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

Good points on both accounts (Wilde and Gaudette).  

I’m just spitballing outloud here, but I’m wondering if a Gaudette to Carolina for Ronald McKeown would be fair value.....or even a good idea?  McKeown is a pretty decent and stable defenseman that is simply a victim of playing behind a deep defense.  Perhaps he’s a good that could benefit with more ice time?   Then again - I do think Gaudette’s upside is significantly higher.  Might pay to be patient.

McKeown hasn't amounted to much and turns 24 next season. Is it because he's stuck behind the depth or is he simply not that good? He's into project status IMO and I'm not even sure I would move Goldobin for him who I deem as another project. Not to say McKeown may not become an NHLer at some point, but I don't see a very high ceiling for him, so I certainly wouldn't move Gaudette for him. Does he need waivers next year to send down? That would be another negative if so.