The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canada to spend $16 Billion on new Coast Guard Ships - Irving's Rewarded

Rob_Zepp

46 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what evidence? that Harper sole sourced a project to Davie? so Harper wasn't trying to get votes too in Quebec? please Rob. 

We have 3 shipyards capable of taking on the work, so "friends" or not the jobs are going to get passed around. 

This isn't a smoking gun Rob, its not even a warm bullet. 

Harper didn't sole source anything Jimmy. The navy needed a quick fix not a 3 year long competition. We don't always need competitions especially if the military is faced with a capability gap. I enjoy discussing politics with you but imo you aren't totally up to speed on this story, it wasn't about votes, it was about filling a capability gap. Lucky for Canada, Davey had a ship we could easily convert.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Harper didn't sole source anything Jimmy. The navy needed a quick fix not a 3 year long competition. We don't always need competitions especially if the military is faced with a capability gap. I enjoy discussing politics with you but imo you aren't totally up to speed on this story, it wasn't about votes, it was about filling a capability gap. Lucky for Canada, Davey had a ship we could easily convert.

would you cut Trudeau the same slack if he didn't go to a competition for a 650 billion contract in Quebec? or would you go full Zepp and claim its all friends? 

24 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Now now. Dont play that card with me. 

You know what I said, and more importantly what i meant. 

Puppet PM. Its obvious. 

His father was an A-Hole too from what ive been told. 

Can you name a Canadian Prime Minister that didnt bend over every time a US president licked their lips?

puppet for who? 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

would you cut Trudeau the same slack if he didn't go to a competition for a 650 billion contract in Quebec? or would you go full Zepp and claim its all friends? 

650 billion... What are you talking about?

When it comes to the military projects I'm fine with sole sourcing it. I think you know me well enough to know I wouldn't attack any party that invests in our military. Canadian military procurement is always a nightmare because both parties want absolute bang for the Canadian tax payers buck. The problem is when it comes to the armed forces you need to get them what they need when they need it. Imo anyway.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Thats the question Canadian voters should be asking themselves isnt it? 

Hes not doing much for Canada. 

Someones paying his campaign fees. 

(Its not me, or you, or likely anyone on this site. Just a foogin hint)

yeah... you're too far to one side to have a reasonable discussion. A lot of good things have happened. 

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

650 billion... What are you talking about?

When it comes to the military projects I'm fine with sole sourcing it. I think you know me well enough to know I wouldn't attack any party that invests in our military. Canadian military procurement is always a nightmare because both parties want absolute bang for the Canadian tax payers buck. The problem is when it comes to the armed forces you need to get them what they need when they need it. Imo anyway.

sorry meant "million" - see how we Liberals escalate the spending? :P

I'm actually fine with the Norman project too. I just don't believe the uber-spin that the Norman prosecution was driven secretly by Trudeau. There's no evidence for his involvement in it at all, all the major players involved say so. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah... you're too far to one side to have a reasonable discussion. A lot of good things have happened. 

Please. Enlighten me. What actual “good”, socially, economically, perhaps even spiritually, has come from Trudeau?

How much of that “good”, will be completely erased next time Canada votes?

How much of your forking taxes are pissed away buying oil from another country, or even giving “help to a country in need oh no hurricane in blah blah 600 grand but VIRTUE signalling”. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

sorry meant "million" - see how we Liberals escalate the spending? :P

I'm actually fine with the Norman project too. I just don't believe the uber-spin that the Norman prosecution was driven secretly by Trudeau. There's no evidence for his involvement in it at all, all the major players involved say so. 

I do believe he is involved, in fact I think his **office** (Butts) was steering the bus.

Jt said he is in for the fight of his life and we will see him in court. 

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

China, Russia and USA all have their eye set on Canada’s vast natural resources.

Those that don’t feed their own army will feed someone else’s.

I wish people would take this seriously... Especially coming from someone with your background. But isn't the US and Canada besties? :frantic:

2 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Please. Enlighten me. What actual “good”, socially, economically, perhaps even spiritually, has come from Trudeau?

How much of that “good”, will be completely erased next time Canada votes?

How much of your forking taxes are pissed away buying oil from another country, or even giving “help to a country in need oh no hurricane in blah blah 600 grand but VIRTUE signalling”. 

enlighten yourself: https://trudeaumetre.polimeter.org

I honestly don't give a rats hiney if you like the guy or not but at least know what you'r talking about, or make blanket statements, your call. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I do believe he is involved, in fact I think his **office** (Butts) was steering the bus.

Jt said he is in for the fight of his life and we will see him in court. 

sure, but so what? the RCMP, Vance and JD would have told Trudeau they were going after Norman. All 3 say Trudeau didn't interfere. Why would they lie? 

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm probably going off topic but liberals pre JT were sound fiscal operators for the most part.

yup. They do need a guy like Paul Martin back in the mix. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

sure, but so what? the RCMP, Vance and JD would have told Trudeau they were going after Norman. All 3 say Trudeau didn't interfere. Why would they lie? 

Why would the PM make those comments? Two things, he is involved or an absolute moron, you pick Jim.

Why was the pm even commenting on this, just looks stupid on his part, no?

Edited by Ryan Strome