The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] LA - Pitsburgh

A lot of you dismiss players because of their age, which is just a number.

Actually take a look at Phil Kessel. Toronto ages you. Cant wait to see Tavares at the end of that contract.

Im basing mine on what I see rather than the laws of average and number theory.

Dion would be more servicable to pits. And are hard to find.

7 minutes ago, HughMungus said:

Yeah no. After seeing Hall for Larsson and godawful Gudbranson for Pearson, Phaneuf for Kessel makes sense.

You dont always necessary want contracts multiplying in every move.

A point per game forward for a slow washes up D does not make sense. No matter how you try to spin it.  

7 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

A point per game forward for a slow washes up D does not make sense. No matter how you try to spin it.  

Teams make moves to send messages after being swept in the playoffs.

Dion was playing pretty decent playoff hockey in a sheltered role.

Put him behind Letang and with Gudbranson and that can take away a lot of space and be hard on your body game after game.

LA had COACH WILLIE

are you fans so jaded you cant connect that dot either? Hes not being used well during a stealth tank imagine my shock.

We got to witness first hand how guys would take the night off with that coach as he played favourites and moral victories.

Edited by HughMungus

2 minutes ago, HughMungus said:

Teams make moves to send messages after being swept in the playoffs.

Dion was playing pretty decent playoff hockey in a sheltered role.

Put him behind Letang and with Gudbranson and that can take away a lot of space and be hard on your body game after game.

Like I said. A ppg player for a washed up D doesn’t make sense no matter how you try to spin it. It’s an AWFUL deal for Pittsburgh 

9 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Like I said. A ppg player for a washed up D doesn’t make sense no matter how you try to spin it. It’s an AWFUL deal for Pittsburgh 

Whatever man. Does Larsson get you Kessel 1 for 1?

Forwards get paid more but Defence is clearly much more important. Especailly because it makes your goalie better but these realities are lost on you. 

Pits isnt worried to call up later and ask for some help. They prefer working relationships with interconference teams. 

Here I go. Making it better for your goofs.

To LA

Phil Kessel

To Pitsburgh

Dion Phaneuf

Future considerations

Now can you stop derailing all of my threads with your little opinions and deliver some substance.

12 hours ago, Jaku said:

Phaneuf is horrible. Why would Pittsburgh want to trade a PPG player for a player that literally had 6 ponts all of last season? Dion Phaneuf isn't an anchor, if anything he's a pylon. Overpaid, overrated, plain and simply terrible. Dion had his day, but it is long passed. 

He’s definitely an anchor, but in this analogy teams are cars and he’s slowing you down. 

23 minutes ago, Pears said:

27 points in 80 games is nearly point per game??? What???

With us he is a leading scorer. More icetime to give. He had value to get a top 4 D man on a bad team.

Same how Phaneuf will improve on a better team like the Pens.

10 minutes ago, HughMungus said:

With us he is a leading scorer. More icetime to give. He had value to get a top 4 D man on a bad team.

Same how Phaneuf will improve on a better team like the Pens.

Ummmm no. Phaneuf doesn’t have much time left in the NHL. Kessel still has a couple years of elite level play left in him. Just do yourself a favour and stop defending this proposal.