The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Slava Voynov eligible to return halfway through 2019-20 season

Rate this topic

NEW YORK/TORONTO (May 23, 2019) – The National Hockey League Players’ Association and National Hockey League announced today that Arbitrator Shyam Das has issued his decision with respect to the appeal of defenseman Vyacheslav Voynov’s one-season suspension issued pursuant to Article 18-A of the NHL/NHLPA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Arbitrator Das upheld the Commissioner’s determination that Voynov be suspended for the equivalent of one NHL season, but found that he is to be credited with having already served 41 games of such suspension during the 2018-19 regular season. Accordingly, the suspension will remain in effect until the mid-point of the 2019-20 regular season.

https://media.nhl.com/public/news/13271?sf103188791=1 

19 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

I'm not able to fully say what I think of Voynov due to this forum's rules, but let's hope no teams elect to sign him after 41 games.

But he is right handed....... just saying. Tryamkin -Voynov pairing would be pretty sweet. I would be able to forgive. 

3 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

But he is right handed....... just saying. Tryamkin -Voynov pairing would be pretty sweet. I would be able to forgive. 

Ask the wife he smacked around how that's worked out.

**** Voynov. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Hope he's smartened up. I'm willing to forgive if he's changed his ways, but there should be an extremely short leash for him. I have no patience for a man who treats women like trash.

I would be too, but he was joking about it last year or the year before. Doesn't seem like it.

Guess the long-standing legend was that Bobby Hull once threw his ex out a 2nd story window. Apparently she was lucky the guy didn't kill her after numerous incidents. Back(say prior to about the 90's) so many women took abuse, & society seemed to usually pass it off.

Back in the early 90's was talkin' with an older bloke in some Calgary pub..told me he worked with many NHL pros in agency/advertising deals. He'd grown up with Bobby, same hometown. He says, "Was the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet..but once he got a few drinks in him, would turn into an absolute animal..like two different people!"

This is no excuse for Voynov..but I'd guess all us posters have done things we regret. Sometimes it sure is nice not to be a public domain, sports star. If there's any silver lining, would have to say many countries have made great gains in addressing this serious issue of dv in the home.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Guess the long-standing legend was that Bobby Hull once threw his ex out a 2nd story window. Apparently she was lucky the guy didn't kill her after numerous incidents. Back(say prior to about the 90's) so many women took abuse, & society seemed to usually pass it off.

Back in the early 90's was talkin' with an older bloke in some Calgary pub..told me he worked with many NHL pros in agency/advertising deals. He'd grown up with Bobby, same hometown. He says, "Was the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet..but once he got a few drinks in him, would turn into an absolute animal..like two different people!"

This is no excuse for Voynov..but I'd guess all us posters have done things we regret. Sometimes it sure is nice not to be a public domain, sports star. If there's any silver lining, would have to say many countries have made great gains in addressing this serious issue of dv in the home.

The things I regret are not buying an item while it's on sale, and eating way too much food at the buffet and feeling gross afterwards.  Oh, and also drinking too much the night before and having a bad hangover as a result.  NEVER, have I EVER, had to regret hitting a woman. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

The things I regret are not buying an item while it's on sale, and eating way too much food at the buffet and feeling gross afterwards.  Oh, and also drinking too much the night before and having a bad hangover as a result.  NEVER, have I EVER, had to regret hitting a woman. 

Well that's lovely cos' you know I posted just for you, eh? Seriously, in decades past how many superstars have we all hero-worshipped, to a point of living-God status, while their conduct away from the public eye might have been utterly psychopathic? Lot of talented blokes got a free pass.

Over the decades, it built up to a point that sporting stars were killing exes, then driving around in SUV's, chased by helicopter TV crews.

8 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Seriously, in decades past how many superstars have we all hero-worshipped, to a point of living-God status, while their conduct away from the public eye might have been utterly psychopathic?

96084FED-1873-4C92-80B9-2386E594F66F.jpeg

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Well that's lovely cos' you know I posted just for you, eh? Seriously, in decades past how many superstars have we all hero-worshipped, to a point of living-God status, while their conduct away from the public eye might have been utterly psychopathic? Lot of talented blokes got a free pass.

Over the decades, it built up to a point that sporting stars were killing exes, then driving around in SUV's, chased by helicopter TV crews.

First of all, I'll give you props for using "eh?" in a sentence to prove your Canadian-ship. 

But back to the point, your previous post sounded like you were saying that we're all just lucky we're not in the public eye.  I'd like to believe the majority of the posters on CDC don't have something they regret that would land them jail time.  Hence, my response.

• Cheers 2

If he's changed his ways I wouldn't care if someone signed him tbh. Dude &^@#ed up and paid for it, he's not the only athlete to have done this. 

Would I want him on the team? Probably not. Do I care if he re-enters the league? It depends. He'll be on a short leash if he signs somewhere.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

We need another solid right side D. If the Canucks sign him it will be looked upon as a "classless move by the organization and JB". If the Leafs sign him cue the "everyone deserves a second chance, and good job Dubas" 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

He beat his wife for no reason. That’s one of the most unforgiveable things you could do. 

• Upvote 3