The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

B.C.’s top court rules province can’t regulate flow of bitumen through Trans Mountain pipeline

Mackcanuck

B.C.’s top court has shot down the province’s hopes of restricting the transportation of diluted bitumen within its borders.

The decision marks the latest twist in the ongoing Trans Mountain pipeline expansion dispute, and could have severely impacted the proposed pipeline expansion if it had succeeded.

It’s a no to BC on the proposed EMA amendments that would affect the Trans Mountain Pipeline. @GlobalBC

B.C. may still appeal the result to the Supreme Court of Canada.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5311260/bc-court-of-appeal-trans-mountain-ruling/

Edited by Mackcanuck

13 minutes ago, gurn said:

Next stop, Supreme Court Of Canada.

I don't think so.  The BC taxpayers are already on the hook for way too much at this point.  This is the NDP building more useless ferries.  Same money wasting.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don't think so.  The BC taxpayers are already on the hook for way too much at this point.  This is the NDP building more useless ferries.  Same money wasting.  

Horgan will take this to the highest court.

It keeps the Green party happy, so the NDP can maintain control of the legislature. Plus his fight also polls well with NDP supporters as well.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

It keeps the Green party happy, so the NDP can maintain control of the legislature. Plus his fight also polls well with NDP supporters as well.

This^... The NDP unfortunately is held hostage by the Greens... BC government is a joke imo.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

This^... The NDP unfortunately is held hostage by the Greens... BC government is a joke imo.

And this joke costs us, the tax payers, billions we don't need to spend.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

The Supreme Court will not hear it because it was unanimous, it was a giant waste of money. I don’t get this province sometimes, we complain about gas/energy costs then fight everything that could possibly help make the province money. This pipeline is not going to solve the real problem though, we need refineries in B.C. & Alberta to sell domestically and the international market. But there are to many special interest groups from the USA & opec nations that are trying to block us from doing that. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

He can’t, they will not hear it because it was an unanimous decision, it’s very rare that the  SCOC will even hear the case under those circumstances 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

The Supreme Court will not hear it because it was unanimous, it was a giant waste of money. I don’t get this province sometimes, we complain about gas/energy costs then fight everything that could possibly help make the province money. This pipeline is not going to solve the real problem though, we need refineries in B.C. & Alberta to sell domestically and the international market. But there are to many special interest groups from the USA & opec nations that are trying to block us from doing that. 

We have a government that pushes the Green agenda, but takes tolls off bridges and increases the cost to use transit.  How do these two philosophies equate?  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

He can’t, they will not hear it because it was an unanimous decision, it’s very rare that the  SCOC will even hear the case under those circumstances 

IMO this will be one of those occasions, were this Joe Blow trying for an appeal he may well be rejected, however it is the government of B.C. that will file.

27 minutes ago, gurn said:

he might try, but I really doubt the SC hears it. There's no point, the laws crystal clear and it would just waste the courts time. 

Time to move on, at least on this tack. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

1.  I'd like to know the source of this quote

2.  I actually don't care because if they can't even get the basics of "to, two or too" correct, they should start there then graduate TWO? TOO? the bigger stuff.

• Haha 1