The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

13-year-old charged in playground assault

PlanB

16 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

I’m disappointed anyone who saw this didn’t step in and help the victim.  Our willingness to help each other isn’t what it was.  The best lesson those little bastards could have learned is someone stepping and dropping a few of them and that we as a society won’t put up with that type of crap.

Agreed.

generally today youth have no fear of adults. Not advocating punching out kids by any means but as an adult you can wade in there and go Byfuglien.

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

Agreed.

generally today youth have no fear of adults. Not advocating punching out kids by any means but as an adult you can wade in there and go Byfuglien.

I dont understand how a 33 year old couldnt defend themselves, or at least control the situation against a group of pre-teens. 

I also don’t understand how this escalated so far, without some “big brothers and sisters” stepping in. You cant tell me this group of she-wolves are any scarier or more dangerous than the bullies I grew up with. 

What a friggen milque-toast society. 

Edited by MystifyNCrucify

6 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

I dont understand how a 33 year old couldnt defend themselves, or at least control the situation against a group of pre-teens. 

I also don’t understand how this escalated so far, without some “big brothers and sisters” stepping in. You cant tell me this group of she-wolves are any scarier or more dangerous than the bullies I grew up with. 

Soy 

5 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Sadly when most young people are incarcerated.... they come out of detention centre worse off and more advanced in the criminal world than when they entered.....

Canadians don't value / invest in reducing child poverty and quality public  education is being destroyed.....   and this is the end result. Look for more and more of this as our country falls further and further into decent.....  Meanwhile.... the 1 % are getting richer and richer though.

The sh---iest kids I knew in highschool were not from the wrong side of the tracks. Even poor children can be raised properly.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

I hear you.  But here is the thing.

im at the park and a group of pre teens confront me.  In my head I’m thinking “seriously?”....and then even after a few seconds of assault it would be tough to accept that this is actually happening because they are just kids.  And then at what point do you decide to defend yourself and then how far do you go?

by that point maybe they have your legs and you’re going down.  Maybe the adult was a weak victim?  I don’t know for sure but I would bet that if a grown adult was targeted by kids he probably isn’t the most intimidating individual.

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

im at the park and a group of pre teens confront me.  In my head I’m thinking “seriously?”....and then even after a few seconds of assault it would be tough to accept that this is actually happening because they are just kids.  And then at what point do you decide to defend yourself and then how far do you go?

by that point maybe they have your legs and you’re going down.  Maybe the adult was a weak victim?  I don’t know for sure but I would bet that if a grown adult was targeted by kids he probably isn’t the most intimidating individual.

The moment they came at you aggressively you punch the largest kid. Then you make the rest eat white dog poop after beating them like their parents should have. 

Having been swarmed a few times the key is get your back to something if you can and throw short straight shots at the nose, jaw and throat. 

• Upvote 1

I think this is proof positive that people should undergo an IQ test of some sort if they want to have kids, I'd say every woman gets one kid but she and her partner have to have an IQ test to have more. I honestly don't give a rats ass how fascist that idea sounds, morons make babies and less babies is the fastest way to combat global warming.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Society itself is giving these young girls the idea that they can “act like young boys. Run in a gang. Beat up other kids. Be hard”. 

The problem is, we dont punish young girls like we do young boys. The wrong personality, and a young girl starts to feel invincible because “boys cant touch me im a girl so i can bully who i want”. 

If a group of boys had done the same thing, you damn well know a bigger tougher group of just slightly older boys would have put them in their place and given them their “Summer Teeth”. 

“Sum-mer there, sum-mer over there. Lemme pick em up”

22 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

The moment they came at you aggressively you punch the largest kid. Then you make the rest eat white dog poop after beating them like their parents should have. 

Having been swarmed a few times the key is get your back to something if you can and throw short straight shots at the nose, jaw and throat. 

Surely you were swarmed by a similar age group.

i couldn’t punch a pre teen or a 14 year old.

im big and strong enough to stand my ground and rag doll the lot however.

but honestly I’d fear a sentence for punching a kid even if I was attacked.

12 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

I think this is proof positive that people should undergo an IQ test of some sort if they want to have kids, I'd say every woman gets one kid but she and her partner have to have an IQ test to have more. I honestly don't give a rats ass how fascist that idea sounds, morons make babies and less babies is the fastest way to combat global warming.

I agree. 

Sadly, IQ doesnt make a good parent. Patience, resilence, and determination do. 

The resolve to give your child the best upbringing you can, within your means, meanwhile knowing you have to be a total dink sometimes, to instill discipline and morality. 

Its a fine line. 

We would be better off giving drug and alcohol tests to would be parents. Evaluating their living situations after having one child. Fail? Well they might have to move to china to give birth instead of getting a long term birth control solution. 

12 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Society itself is giving these young girls the idea that they can “act like young boys. Run in a gang. Beat up other kids. Be hard”. 

The problem is, we dont punish young girls like we do young boys. The wrong personality, and a young girl starts to feel invincible because “boys cant touch me im a girl so i can bully who i want”. 

If a group of boys had done the same thing, you damn well know a bigger tougher group of just slightly older boys would have put them in their place and given them their “Summer Teeth”. 

“Sum-mer there, sum-mer over there. Lemme pick em up”

Agree.

an illegal act like this should carry the same consequence for male or female.

still.  A male my age and size attacks me and I punch back.  A female; I do not use strikes.

4 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Surely you were swarmed by a similar age group.

i couldn’t punch a pre teen or a 14 year old.

im big and strong enough to stand my ground and rag doll the lot however.

but honestly I’d fear a sentence for punching a kid even if I was attacked.

Dont need to punch to intimidate a group of preteens. Grab the leaders arm, twist, and growl at the rest. If there are previous reports about the kids (like there were) the cops wanted it to be handled like that. 

Now its in court. 

1 minute ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Dont need to punch to intimidate a group of preteens. Grab the leaders arm, twist, and growl at the rest. If there are previous reports about the kids (like there were) the cops wanted it to be handled like that. 

Now its in court. 

Agree.  This is as far as I’d take it.  Probably grab the one and hurl him into the group.

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Agree.

an illegal act like this should carry the same consequence for male or female.

still.  A male my age and size attacks me and I punch back.  A female; I do not use strikes.

If they wanna act like men, treat them like men. You wanna get up in a mans face, being manly, you gonna get punched in that pretty fake face. 

Chivalry died with feminism. 

Just now, MystifyNCrucify said:

If they wanna act like men, treat them like men. You wanna get up in a mans face, being manly, you gonna get punched in that pretty fake face. 

Chivalry died with feminism. 

Agree to disagree.