The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

China Responsible For Surge In Ozone Depleting Emissions Say Study

DonLever

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Didn’t Hawking say for our species to survive we needed to migrate off planet?  

Ya, probably head over to Planet Musk. 

Brian Cox says the biggest threat to civilisation is human stupidity.

We'll mess it up before we become truly galactic, I have complete faith in humans to do that.

I've always loved this...

https://stuff.mit.edu/people/dpolicar/writing/prose/text/thinkingMeat.html

7 hours ago, Cpt.Clutch said:

My four top used refrigerants in my truck are banned in the EU lol.  

When I got my "freon" ticket, I could have been fined $100,000 for losing a couple ounces of r-12 in to the air of B.C., meanwhile down in Washington state the Air force was using buckets of the stuff to clean their air frames.

12 hours ago, Cpt.Clutch said:

It was begun to be phased out in 2010.  Now completed at the end of this year.  

Europe has already banned all sorts of refrigerants we still commonly use here too.  We are slow on the changeovers.  

I remember reading an article title along the lines of “government seizes millions in R410A refrigerant”, and thinking wtf?, then realized it was a Scandinavian country.  But here we still use it daily.  My four top used refrigerants in my truck are banned in the EU lol.  

Lots of stuff is banned in the eu.To much American influence in Canada

Fridgey guy lots of respect for you.

Edited by Violator

20 hours ago, gurn said:

When I got my "freon" ticket, I could have been fined $100,000 for losing a couple ounces of r-12 in to the air of B.C., meanwhile down in Washington state the Air force was using buckets of the stuff to clean their air frames.

When i was in school it was something like 100 grand for the mechanic, up to a million for the company if you were caught spewing AC refridgerant into the air. 

R-12 and R-134A i think.