The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hot sauce

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

When I was young and dumb, I once ordered hot wings at a Thai karaoke bar out west and actually said out loud, "hey I was born and raised in Buffalo, there's no way I can't handle whatever these people put on those wings."  I was wrong.  I took one bite swallowed it, thought my mouth and throat were melting, stupidly then touched touched my eyes, then thought my eyes were on fire, then headed to the restroom and continually washed my eyes and mouth out for a few minutes only after scrubbing my hands clean. 

Fortunately I kept it together long enough to get to the restroom so nobody was the wiser.  Needless to say, I didn't touch the wings afterwards.

To this day I wonder what they put on them.  I only remember it being a garlic-y tasting fire.

Wish I was there to laugh at the young idiot that was you lol.  

I'm pretty big into spice too, ate sauces like "Last Dab" (from Hot Ones on YouTube) to Buffalo Wings to Thai spice, whatever they put into Vindaloos... the only one I couldn't take was the spice from the Korean fire noodles, couldn't even handle using half of it in a full pack of noodles.  

Lemme know what recommendations you guys have also!

• Haha 1

Gringo's has an amazing raspberry ghost Pepper hot sauce. Very delicious.

There's a hot sauce place in Kits that will let you try some hot sauces before you buy.

Cocoru Korean fried chicken in Richmond has a really hot wing "challenge" that'll knock your socks off. I had some trouble with this one, partly because you get so much of it.

Wings also has a challenge wing but it's weaker than Cocoru's (and smaller and less tasty, but pretty easy to handle if you can handle spice). 

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

When I was young and dumb, I once ordered hot wings at a Thai karaoke bar out west and actually said out loud, "hey I was born and raised in Buffalo, there's no way I can't handle whatever these people put on those wings."  I was wrong.  I took one bite swallowed it, thought my mouth and throat were melting, stupidly then touched touched my eyes, then thought my eyes were on fire, then headed to the restroom and continually washed my eyes and mouth out for a few minutes only after scrubbing my hands clean. 

Fortunately I kept it together long enough to get to the restroom so nobody was the wiser.  Needless to say, I didn't touch the wings afterwards.

To this day I wonder what they put on them.  I only remember it being a garlic-y tasting fire.

Baby tongue?

I don't like super hot sauces. Medium or even mild for me. Red Thai sauce, not the green etc.

5 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Baby tongue?

I don't like super hot sauces. Medium or even mild for me. Red Thai sauce, not the green etc.

I never found out what the sauce was called.  I was busy afterwards trying to avoid having to eat the wings so I wouldn't get crap from anyone after bragging.  :lol:

59 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Wish I was there to laugh at the young idiot that was you lol.  

I'm pretty big into spice too, ate sauces like "Last Dab" (from Hot Ones on YouTube) to Buffalo Wings to Thai spice, whatever they put into Vindaloos... the only one I couldn't take was the spice from the Korean fire noodles, couldn't even handle using half of it in a full pack of noodles.  

Lemme know what recommendations you guys have also!

Chances are you wouldn't have noticed.  I never let on how much pain I was in.  The only quick reaction I showed was after I rubbed my eyes and I gave a chuckle admitted what I did so nobody would wonder why I was holed up in the restroom. 

I'll see if Amazon has any Korean fire noodles so I can order some and try it out.  I'm guessing it was ramen?

Could have been worse, you could have decided that you need to take a leak before washing your hands.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Anyone remember Blair's death rain chips? Made by the people that make Blair's death rain hot sauce, so good. Kettle cooked too I think

Hell ya! I used to go to the 7-11 across from my high school to buy these. Absolutely loved them.

Mexicans that I work with often cook or bring their own food.

When it comes to spiciness, I always ask them “is this Gringo spicy or Mexican spicy”

If the answer is Mexican spicy, I skip it because that $&!# will burn your ass.  

Edited by CBH1926

One time I was cutting Jalapenos, I had a bit of a runny nose. I went to blow my nose and I must have touched my finger to the inside of my nose. Hoo boy that was nasty.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Mexicans that I work with often cook or bring their own food.

When it comes to spiciness, I always ask them “is this Gringo spicy or Mexican spicy”

If the answer is Mexican spicy, I skip it because that $&!# will burn your ass.  

I wanna try!

• Haha 1

I'm a wimp.

My son used to do the "try this" to me (often)...was always some ghost death evil fire sauce.  Dave's Insanity Sauce, etc.  He loves them so there was always a variety in the house when he lived here (my daughter used to bring them back as gifts from her travels).

I hate all forms of hot sauce.   Franks.  That's the only one I'll eat (and I love it).

• Haha 1