The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evgeny Kuznetsov in some trouble maybe...(re-updated suspended for 3 games)

Rate this topic

Capitals looking into video appearing to show Kuznetsov with cocaine

We are aware of the video that surfaced on social media of Evgeny Kuznetsov," a team spokesman told the Washington Post's Isabelle Khurshudyan on Monday. "We are currently in the process of gathering facts and will have no further comment at this time."

In a statement translated by Russian Machine Never Breaks' Igor Kleyner, Kuznetsov told Russian outlet Sport-Express that he has never used drugs and doesn't plan to, adding that the video was taken following the Capitals' championship victory last year:

Yes, I saw the video on the internet. I don’t necessarily have anything to do with what is going on around me. I never used drugs and have no intention to get into it. If there are any questions, I am ready to undergo testing.

The video is a year old. It happened in summer of 2018, when we won the Cup in Vegas. It has nothing to do with the World Championship at all. I just came by the room where my some people I knew stayed. When I saw what was going on there - unfamiliar women, unknown substances on the table - I called my friend and left as soon as I could.

Unfortunately, someone decided to catch some notoriety just now - after the (Russian team) lost. I have nothing to hide, let this be on (the) conscience of whoever posted the video.

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said Monday that the league needs time to gather more facts on the video before commenting on it, according to Sportsnet's Chris Johnston.

Twitter user @thesavspb posted and later deleted the clip purportedly showing the superstar forward sitting at a table with what appears to be cocaine.

It has since been shared by other Twitter accounts and has been uploaded to YouTube.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1778354

I didn't post the video, because I wasn't sure of the standards on this forum with having videos showing illegal drugs, just click on link.

Update:

Caps accept Kuznetsov's explanation of video

The Washington Capitals released a statement Friday stating the team accepts Evgeny Kuznetsov's explanation for his appearance in a now-deleted video on social media that appeared to show him in a hotel room with lines of white powder on a table in front of him.

Kuznetsov previously issued a statement to a Russian news outlet that said the video was from the 2018 playoffs and left the room, which belonged to a friend, upon seeing drugs.

"In addition to doing our own due diligence, we met with Evgeny to discuss the video circulated on social media," the Capitals said in a statement. "While we are disappointed by his presence in the video, we accept his explanation and apology for putting himself in an unfortunate situation. Evgeny has been a terrific player and an active member of our community, and we expect him to learn from this experience and uphold both the standards the organization has for him as well as his own."

The NHL, which also reviewed the video and conducted an in-person interview with Kuznetsov, announced Friday that the league now considers the matter "formally closed."

"We have thoroughly reviewed the situation surrounding the video circulated on the internet this past Monday, May 27, and involving Capitals' Player Evgeny Kuznetsov," deputy commissioner Bill Daly said in a statement. "Our review included, among other fact-finding steps, an in-person interview with Mr. Kuznetsov. While we certainly do not condone or endorse some of the decisions he made on the night in question, Mr. Kuznetsov's account of the events that transpired aligns with other information we have been able to gather, and we have found no basis to question his representations with respect to what did - and what did not occur. We consider the matter formally closed."

Kuznetsov, 27, also issued a statement on Friday,

"I would like to address the video of me that appeared online on Monday," he said. "While I have never taken illegal drugs in my life and career, I would like to publicly apologize to the Capitals, my teammates, our fans and everyone else, for putting myself in a bad situation. This was a hard lesson for me to learn."

https://www.tsn.ca/washington-capitalss-accept-evgeny-kuznetsov-s-explanation-of-video-showing-white-powder-1.1314548

Re-updated:

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

48 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

What the hell can he even be accused of from this?  Sitting in front of cocaine isn't illegal.

Exactly. Unless you test positive with the drug in your system, seeing someone do cocaine is not illegal. You do not have to report it either.

I really hate ...

that this is being investigated by the league

that a sports media outlet is running with it and promoting it

that some people actually think he could get in trouble for looking at cocaine

that this is even a story.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wouldn’t being a Coke head make a guy play worse?  

Ask the Dallas Cowboys of the early 90’s. They won 3 Super Bowls fuelled by nose beers. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I always think of Ross Rebagliati and people believing him that he didn't smoke any weed and was just a bystander the whole time. 

But I think after the Jarret Stoll incident, the NHL is looking into these matters a little more, and just going to check and make sure it's not a problem. 

This was from last year quote.

During an October 2015, interview with TSN, NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said he was aware of the rising number of NHL players who tested positive for cocaine.

“The number of [cocaine] positives are more than they were in previous years and they're going up,” Daly said. “I wouldn't say it's a crisis in any sense. What I'd say is drugs like cocaine are cyclical and you've hit a cycle where it's an 'in' drug again.

“I'd be shocked if we're talking about a couple dozen guys. I don't want to be naïve here … but if we're talking more than 20 guys I'd be shocked. Because we don't test in a comprehensive way, I can't say.”

5 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I always think of Ross Rebagliati and people believing him that he didn't smoke any weed and was just a bystander the whole time. 

But I think after the Jarret Stoll incident, the NHL is looking into these matters a little more, and just going to check and make sure it's not a problem. 

This was from last year quote.

During an October 2015, interview with TSN, NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said he was aware of the rising number of NHL players who tested positive for cocaine.

“The number of [cocaine] positives are more than they were in previous years and they're going up,” Daly said. “I wouldn't say it's a crisis in any sense. What I'd say is drugs like cocaine are cyclical and you've hit a cycle where it's an 'in' drug again.

“I'd be shocked if we're talking about a couple dozen guys. I don't want to be naïve here … but if we're talking more than 20 guys I'd be shocked. Because we don't test in a comprehensive way, I can't say.”

Well coke is out of your system and untraceable within a week by any urine sample.

Weed can last more than a month.

Coke ruins lives. Seen it happen to a few friends.

Weed used to ruin lives but only because people were thrown in jail for it.

Ross Dimebagliatti smoked that dank, and guess what, it's not a performance enhancer when relying on fast twitch muscles and synaptic response. It definitely helped him sleep well though.

• Cheers 1