Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evgeny Kuznetsov in some trouble maybe...(re-updated suspended for 3 games)

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

He's not snorting it, its beside him, and it's just white powder.  Who cares? Lucky he wasn't wearing a MAGA hat or he'd really be in trouble by the professional indignance cults that run this forsaken society.

 

Just say no to PURITANISM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Well coke is out of your system and untraceable within a week by any urine sample.

Weed can last more than a month.

 

Coke ruins lives. Seen it happen to a few friends.

 

Weed used to ruin lives but only because people were thrown in jail for it.

 

Ross Dimebagliatti smoked that dank, and guess what, it's not a performance enhancer when relying on fast twitch muscles and synaptic response. It definitely helped him sleep well though.

This exactly the same here, lost a best friend because of it actually, so I'm really against this drug big time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Weed used to ruin lives but only because people were thrown in jail for it.

 

Ross Dimebagliatti smoked that dank, and guess what, it's not a performance enhancer when relying on fast twitch muscles and synaptic response. It definitely helped him sleep well though.

Cannabis is a performance enhancing drug because it creates increased bloodflow to the muscles (double dips as it dilates capillaries AND increases heart rate), which in turn allows the faster exchange of waste products, and the faster extraction of glycogen.  And its substantial too, like 15% - 20% benefit.  In addition, it increases bloodflow to the lungs which allows for faster uptake and dumping of gasses. This is why its a banned substance in a bunch of sports. There's also flow state benefits that are harder to prove but anecdotally, a bunch of people swear by it for unleashing the zen, after mastery of a skill is attained.

♪♪ The More you Smoooooke, err Knooowwwww ♪♪

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, xereau said:

Cannabis is a performance enhancing drug because it creates increased bloodflow to the muscles (double dips as it dilates capillaries AND increases heart rate), which in turn allows the faster exchange of waste products, and the faster extraction of glycogen.  And its substantial too, like 15% - 20% benefit.  In addition, it increases bloodflow to the lungs which allows for faster uptake and dumping of gasses. This is why its a banned substance in a bunch of sports. There's also flow state benefits that are harder to prove but anecdotally, a bunch of people swear by it for unleashing the zen, after mastery of a skill is attained.

♪♪ The More you Smoooooke, err Knooowwwww ♪♪

Get the &^@# outta here.

I'd vouch for flow state.

 

"Anecdotally" I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt - getting stoned before participating in any sport where you rely on reflexes and fast twitch muscles is detrimental to your performance. I know this from the experience of being a $&!#ty teenager who couldn't figure out his priorities. It also bridged to my early 20's and my short lived boardercross career.

 

I always played and raced better sober. Your head's gotta be in the game, any sort of metabolic benefit takes a back seat when you're a &^@#ing space cadet.

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Get the &^@# outta here.

I'd vouch for flow state.

 

"Anecdotally" I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt - getting stoned before participating in any sport where you rely on reflexes and fast twitch muscles is detrimental to your performance. I know this from the experience of being a $&!#ty teenager who couldn't figure out his priorities. It also bridged to my early 20's and my short lived boardercross career.

 

I always played and raced better sober. Your head's gotta be in the game, any sort of metabolic benefit takes a back seat when you're a &^@#ing space cadet.

A whole bunch of martial artists, actual masters, are who claim this. Not me. Talking tens of thousands of hours of training. Were you a master?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

A whole bunch of martial artists, actual masters, are who claim this. Not me. Talking tens of thousands of hours of training. Were you a master?

Hell no.

As I said, I'll agree to flow state. Flow state is real.

I love the flow I get when building or gardening baked, even golfing, playing pool and darts, well anything that isn't dependent on my ability to react or make decisions in milliseconds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

This exactly the same here, lost a best friend because of it actually, so I'm really against this drug big time.

Me too, never touched the stuff and never will.  Still think all drugs should be legal so at least people know what they're taking.  We're also in a backwards-ass sports society where plays intending to injure opponents are penalized more than a failed drug test.  At least the NHL takes domestic violence seriously.

I don't have a lot of respect for the NHL as a league at this point, but at least they aren't penalizing guys who voluntarily ask for help with substance issues.

Edited by King Heffy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, luckylager said:

Well coke is out of your system and untraceable within a week by any urine sample.

Weed can last more than a month.

 

Coke ruins lives. Seen it happen to a few friends.

 

Weed used to ruin lives but only because people were thrown in jail for it.

 

Ross Dimebagliatti smoked that dank, and guess what, it's not a performance enhancer when relying on fast twitch muscles and synaptic response. It definitely helped him sleep well though.

There are tests that can detect cocaine weeks or even months after, now. The whole "out of your system in days" is not a thing anymore. A friend of mine in a motorcycle accident on his way home from work, where he lost his leg, tested positive for cocaine several weeks after "partying".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

Just because someone can play a sport stoned and succeed doesn’t mean that the drug was helping. How much better could Theo have been with a clear mind?

He probably wouldn't have been able to play with the same reckless abandon, as a guy his size in that era.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Me too, never touched the stuff and never will.  Still think all drugs should be legal so at least people know what they're taking.  We're also in a backwards-ass sports society where plays intending to injure opponents are penalized more than a failed drug test.  At least the NHL takes domestic violence seriously.

I don't have a lot of respect for the NHL as a league at this point, but at least they aren't penalizing guys who voluntarily ask for help with substance issues.

Same here never touched it saw to many friends screwed up on it many nights it actually turned me away from ever doing it watching them, because I never wanted to look or act or talk like that. 

 

Although I will totally disagree with you on making all drugs legal, personally I don't think people need a reason to be trying something they never would've if it wasn't legal, especially the harder drugs. 

 

Yeah same here I disagree with the NHL a lot, not a big fan of them, but I do like the approach regarding drug/alcohol abuse on their part, they're definitely just wanting to help that person out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2019 at 7:20 PM, Whorvat said:

I really hate ...

 

that this is being investigated by the league

 

that a sports media outlet is running with it and promoting it

 

that some people actually think he could get in trouble for looking at cocaine

 

that this is even a story.

are you trying to steal coastal's schtik?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2019 at 11:07 AM, Amebushi said:

Just because someone can play a sport stoned and succeed doesn’t mean that the drug was helping. How much better could Theo have been with a clear mind?

did you ever watch him in those years? that intensity during their cup run was coke fuelled. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...