The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evgeny Kuznetsov in some trouble maybe...(re-updated suspended for 3 games)

Rate this topic

On 5/28/2019 at 7:39 AM, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

There are tests that can detect cocaine weeks or even months after, now. The whole "out of your system in days" is not a thing anymore. A friend of mine in a motorcycle accident on his way home from work, where he lost his leg, tested positive for cocaine several weeks after "partying".

funny-free-legal-tips-lawyer-l-scott-bri

• Haha 2

On 5/27/2019 at 9:08 PM, luckylager said:

Hell no.

As I said, I'll agree to flow state. Flow state is real.

I love the flow I get when building or gardening baked, even golfing, playing pool and darts, well anything that isn't dependent on my ability to react or make decisions in milliseconds.

Only those who flow, know.

On 5/29/2019 at 1:42 PM, EP Phone Home said:

The same league that took out the two line pass and now everyone is faster for it. ONE BIG LINE and your good bro! 

F01BDB51-E600-494E-BCAA-56AB7097FF44.gif

apparently Kuz went with the 2 line pass.. 

that's his story, and he's sticking to it

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

NHL's press release: 

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NEW YORK (August 23, 2019) – NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly released the following statement today regarding Washington Capitals’ Player Evgeny Kuznetsov:

“We have been fully briefed by the IIHF with respect to the positive test result and related international sanction that has been imposed on Washington Capitals’ Player Evgeny Kuznetsov. 

“Unlike the IIHF, cocaine is not considered a performance enhancing drug and is therefore not a Prohibited Substance under the NHL/NHLPA Performance Enhancing Substances Program.  Instead, it is considered a drug of abuse that is tested for and for which intervention, evaluation and mandatory treatment can occur in appropriate cases. 

“Here, we understand that Mr. Kuznetsov has voluntarily sought help through the education and counseling program provided for in the NHL and NHLPA collective bargaining agreement and has agreed to a regular testing protocol relating to his involvement with that program.

“Mr. Kuznetsov has also agreed to an in-person meeting with Commissioner Gary Bettman to discuss his situation and review his conduct prior to the start of Training Camp preceding the 2019-20 season. We intend to reserve further comment on any additional actions that may or may not be taken with respect to today’s announcement (disciplinary or otherwise) pending the completion of the Commissioner’s meeting with Mr. Kuznetsov.”

Edited by mll

1 hour ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Update: yeah, he did that $&!#.

This is all lies.  Clearly, while he was sitting in front of the cocaine, a pillow fight ensued, which caused the white powder in question to be thrown up into the air, at which time Evgeny was breathing and inhaled significant amounts through his nose.

• Haha 2

I personally hope he gets banned for a long time. He isn’t the only one in the NHL usung drugs, but I think that everone that gets caught should be penalized accordingly and not be allowed to play in the NHL. People watching pay for that habbit of his. So once you go down that road you should pay the piper and not be allowed to enjoy that anymore.

• Like 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spoosh said:

I personally hope he gets banned for a long time. He isn’t the only one in the NHL usung drugs, but I think that everone that gets caught should be penalized accordingly and not be allowed to play in the NHL. People watching pay for that habbit of his. So once you go down that road you should pay the piper and not be allowed to enjoy that anymore.

Totally agree.  It’s bad press for the business of the league too.  

11 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

He is being punished accordingly, read the article. He's being suspended for 4 years by the IIHF. The NHL is a different story...

“Unlike the IIHF, cocaine is not considered a performance enhancing drug and is therefore not a Prohibited Substance under the NHL/NHLPA Performance Enhancing Substances Program.  Instead, it is considered a drug of abuse that is tested for and for which intervention, evaluation and mandatory treatment can occur in appropriate cases."

So people who use drugs should lose their jobs? Your doctor, lawyer, nurse, chef at a restaurant, kid flipping burgers, you name it...all those jobs people pay money to have performed... if those folks spend money they earn at their jobs on drugs they should be fired? Cuz' that's what you're saying...John & Jane Q Public pay money for goods and services, and if people earn money based on that spending then John & Jane are "paying for that habit". That's absurd.

• Thanks 1

Just now, gurn said:

What people do in their own time, as long as it doesn't "help" their performance should be up tp them.

For you and me and most I agree.  However, employees of private companies behaviour can hurt the business’s bottom line.  In those cases employees can and are fired.  

1 minute ago, falcon45ca said:

He is being punished accordingly, read the article. He's being suspended for 4 years by the IIHF. The NHL is a different story...

“Unlike the IIHF, cocaine is not considered a performance enhancing drug and is therefore not a Prohibited Substance under the NHL/NHLPA Performance Enhancing Substances Program.  Instead, it is considered a drug of abuse that is tested for and for which intervention, evaluation and mandatory treatment can occur in appropriate cases."

So people who use drugs should lose their jobs? Your doctor, lawyer, nurse, chef at a restaurant, kid flipping burgers, you name it...all those jobs people pay money to have performed... if those folks spend money they earn at their jobs on drugs they should be fired? Cuz' that's what you're saying...John & Jane Q Public pay money for goods and services, and if people earn money based on that spending then John & Jane are "paying for that habit". That's absurd.

If the employee’s drug use is hurting the business, then yes.  I don’t want my surgeon or pilot to be a cocaine Addict. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

What people do in their own time, as long as it doesn't "help" their performance should be up tp them.

I agree but don't get caught. It makes the NHL and the player look bad. These guys are role models or at least should be. What if this was Podkolzin? I think Canucks fans would be extremely upset. Getting caught with illegal substances is not a great way to present yourself as a professional athlete. Everyone's got their issues so hopefully this is a reality check for Kuzya.

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

However, employees of private companies behaviour can hurt the business’s bottom line.  In those cases employees can and are fired.  

And then those companies are sued for false dismissal and usually lose. Drugs are a medical problem, not a dismissal problem.

Discipline, if any, is supposed to be corrective and non punitary.

10 minutes ago, gurn said:

I completely agree but I'm also of the mind that people should own up to what they do too. Lying about it didn't do Kuznetsov any favors. 

4 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I completely agree but I'm also of the mind that people should own up to what they do too. Lying about it didn't do Kuznetsov any favors. 

Did he lie? iirc he said he did not do the cocaine in the picture, just found his girl and left. He never claimed to not do coke?

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If the employee’s drug use is hurting the business, then yes.  I don’t want my surgeon or pilot to be a cocaine Addict. 

It sounds like you care about the person's ability to perform their job, and if their drug use is affecting that ability. Totally understandable. If the person is able to perform their job, is it really of any concern what they do with their free time and money? 

Again, Kuzy is being punished according to the rules of the IIHF. The NHL does not have those same rules.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

And then those companies are sued for false dismissal and usually lose. Drugs are a medical problem, not a dismissal problem.

Discipline, if any, is supposed to be corrective and non punitary.

And that’s where we disagree.  Hurt the business's bottom line because of drug use, and that employee should be fired, if the company chooses.  No private company should be forced to keep a drug addict on the payroll.