Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van - Wild

To Vancouver

Zucker

12th overall pick

To Minnesota

Boeser

Sutter

Heard a rumour about Zucker for Boeser straight up. Apparently we said no. Sounds like GM is flexing. Confident he signs as a FA? Offer sheet to come.

Reasoning

This is assuming we cant get Boeser on terms that suggest longterm commitment.

10th, 12th, Demko/Dipietro, Julevi, roster player

Could be a package that lands Hughes aswell......

1. Granlund was traded for Fiala. He’s on the preds. 

2. Not interested in giving up someone who is already a star for a pick. 

3. Value is meh, still think Boeser is worth more to us than we’d get in a deal. 

4. It’s not a case of “flexing,” it’s more of GMJB being offered a ridiculous proposal and rightfully saying no. 

5. With those picks, say we take a forward and a D. That would be much more valuable to us than to offer it on top of a 5th overall d-man who looked good before being injured, one of our goalies for the future, (why are we so keen on giving up a goalie? We’ve finally figured it out a little and we want to screw it up again?) and #10 overall for a teammates brother.

Don’t get me wrong, JH will be really good, but he’s not worth that package. First overall is, but not JH. 

12 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

1. Granlund was traded for Fiala. He’s on the preds. 

2. Not interested in giving up someone who is already a star for a pick. 

3. Value is meh, still think Boeser is worth more to us than we’d get in a deal. 

4. It’s not a case of “flexing,” it’s more of GMJB being offered a ridiculous proposal and rightfully saying no. 

5. With those picks, say we take a forward and a D. That would be much more valuable to us than to offer it on top of a 5th overall d-man who looked good before being injured, one of our goalies for the future, (why are we so keen on giving up a goalie? We’ve finally figured it out a little and we want to screw it up again?) and #10 overall for a teammates brother.

Don’t get me wrong, JH will be really good, but he’s not worth that package. First overall is, but not JH. 

Holy Poile strikea again. Ill edit thanks.

Yeah i saw the zucker rumour on FB and wonder whats stoking that. Did agents mention where Boes wants to go?

Just now, HughMungus said:

Holy Poile strikea again. Ill edit thanks.

Yeah i saw the zucker rumour on FB and wonder whats stoking that. Did agents mention where Boes wants to go?

Boeser is likely to stay here. There’s no reason to believe that he’s unhappy, considering he’s playing with a top young player both on the PP and on the same line. 

5 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

Boeser is likely to stay here. There’s no reason to believe that he’s unhappy, considering he’s playing with a top young player both on the PP and on the same line. 

Do you know him personally?

My implication being im basing mine atleast on a semi report on radio in MN allegedly. 

Minnesota is kinda of win now mode as far as there core right before an expansion deaft year. Offersheet? GM wants the guy offerrd a player for him forced his hand? Hes paid to make his team better.

1 hour ago, HughMungus said:

To Vancouver

Zucker

12th overall pick

To Minnesota

Boeser

Sutter

Heard a rumour about Zucker for Boeser straight up. Apparently we said no. Sounds like GM is flexing. Confident he signs as a FA? Offer sheet to come.

Reasoning

no way shake head GIF

2 hours ago, HughMungus said:

To Vancouver

Zucker

12th overall pick

To Minnesota

Boeser

Sutter

Reasoning

So you are proposing we give up a top 10 goal scorer in the NHL, a strong 3rd line centre, Peyton Krebs?, Philip Broberg?, a future #1 goalie, a top 3 defenseman, and another roster player for:

A 2nd line LW and Jack Hughes?

I would like to nominate you for GM of any team other than the Canucks ::D

5 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

So you are proposing we give up a top 10 goal scorer in the NHL, a strong 3rd line centre, Peyton Krebs?, Philip Broberg?, a future #1 goalie, a top 3 defenseman, and another roster player for:

Since when is Boeser a top 10 goal scorer?  He’s a helluva player. But he was 69th in goal scoring this past season with 26 goals. 25 behind Ovechkins 51. 

Last season he was 35th in goal scoring.  

Im not defending the proposal at all. But you’re seriously overstating Boesers stature.  Maybe he’ll get into that stratosphere, especially if he can manage to stay healthy, but as of right now he’s nowhere near top 10 

5 hours ago, HughMungus said:

To Vancouver

Zucker

12th overall pick

To Minnesota

Boeser

Sutter

Reasoning

Boeser is not eligible to sign an offer sheet. He can't file for arbitration either.

The Wild have absolutely no use for another non-playmaking C.  It's the big weakness of their roster.  Kessel nixed the trade because he wonders who is going to get him the puck.  They have no one that can distribute the puck.  They already have shutdown Cs in Koivu and ErikssonEk - who looked solid in that role replacing Koivu to finish the season.

NJD is already marketing the 1st overall pick - their tweeter feed is full of highlights of Hughes and Kakko and they keep on reminding fans that they have 1st overall.  They are not trading that pick.  They see that player as a franchise altering addition.  You are less likely to get that player at 10th.  

17 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Since when is Boeser a top 10 goal scorer?  He’s a helluva player. But he was 69th in goal scoring this past season with 26 goals. 25 behind Ovechkins 51. 

Last season he was 35th in goal scoring.  

Im not defending the proposal at all. But you’re seriously overstating Boesers stature.  Maybe he’ll get into that stratosphere, especially if he can manage to stay healthy, but as of right now he’s nowhere near top 10 

To start his career he has been awesome.  He has had some injuries and played on a low scoring team and still scored at a very impressive goals per game rate.  You are looking at his overall placing and I don't think that tells his story.  The goal he scored staring down Carey Price with a sliver of space was maybe the best wrist shot I've ever seen.  I think he is a top 10 goal scorer.  You can disagree though

16 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

To start his career he has been awesome.  He has had some injuries and played on a low scoring team and still scored at a very impressive goals per game rate.  You are looking at his overall placing and I don't think that tells his story.  The goal he scored staring down Carey Price with a sliver of space was maybe the best wrist shot I've ever seen.  I think he is a top 10 goal scorer.  You can disagree though

You can call him whatever you want.  But he’s not a top 10 goal scorer until he is. Will he get there? Maybe. But he’s not there yet. 

3 hours ago, HughMungus said:

Do you know him personally?

My implication being im basing mine atleast on a semi report on radio in MN allegedly. 

Minnesota is kinda of win now mode as far as there core right before an expansion deaft year. Offersheet? GM wants the guy offerrd a player for him forced his hand? Hes paid to make his team better.

Minnesota has been in “win now” mode for the last 7 years and they still always end up drinking their own diaharrea in the end.

6 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

When you put it like that it might sound silly...but someone else could see it from another angle

A top 10 scorer in the NHL? Did he ever scored 30 goals?

An aging strong 3rd line centre who has played 1 full season in the past 4 years and was double digit minus 2 of those years.

Prospect who is 2 years away from NHL

Prospect who is 2 years away from NHL

unproven, potential #1 goalie

21 years old, former 5th overall, who hasn't played a game in the NHL yet and missed pretty much all of last season due to injury...bust?

I get your point, but chances all your expectation for these guys come true are pretty slim.

9 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Youre comparing potential.

The only proven players are Boeser and Zucker.

If Sutter has another <40game season hes toast.

And I dont think NJD would trade.

But NYR might take the package and run. Use the assets to finish some deals for other pieces they like and draft. 

I thought Zucker for Boes was odd. He would be a great winger for Horvat. He can drive the play. And is a defensive upgrade for sure.

Shades of Hodgson trade. What dont we know. Or was this GM hoping a JB was sleeping.

11 hours ago, Pears said:

If Benning laughed at Boeser for Zucker straight across he’ll laugh even harder if Fenton thinks adding the 12th pick will change his mind. 

He should laugh. But think big.

12th? Heres the only way hes going

Zucker

2020 no lotto protection

Does the chance of a lotto pick make it more enticing.

Minni is betting on themselves. We are betting on their GM Fing up.

As far as TEAM performance

Does Boeser for Zucker make us worse short term?

Assuming both stay consistent. I think its honestly fair. We lose long term. But thats not gaurenteed unless we sign long term. Which is why I think this new GM is licking his lips. Wants to bring a cup to probably the only state in USA that deseeves it at this point. Boes and Parise would be nuts tbh

4 hours ago, HughMungus said:

Youre comparing potential.

The only proven players are Boeser and Zucker.

If Sutter has another <40game season hes toast.

And I dont think NJD would trade.

But NYR might take the package and run. Use the assets to finish some deals for other pieces they like and draft. 

I thought Zucker for Boes was odd. He would be a great winger for Horvat. He can drive the play. And is a defensive upgrade for sure.

Shades of Hodgson trade. What dont we know. Or was this GM hoping a JB was sleeping.

In this deal most of it is potential.   How else can you do it.  The only 2 who are completely known commodities are Zucker and Sutter.

Archived