The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal Draft Day] Van - Wild

The 9th overall pick has been selected. 

Benning looks at his list. He is less than impressed and laughs at the circumstance. He picks up the phone.

Offer to Minnesota

10th overall

Sutter/Baerschi

For 

Zucker

Minnesota is clearly trying to shop before July 1st. Lets offer something on draft day.

Do you think the value here could get it done on Draft Day. Minnesota will have been scouting the range of 10-15. They might like 2 players. They might like 2 move 2 picks and next years pick for even bigger players.

While Boes for Zucker doesnt make sense 1 for 1. He would still be a great addition to the team. Good contract and hardworker for Horvat and Pete.

I think the Ducks could make an offer too for 1 last push with their core before full rebuild after Seattle enters.

Absolute no. 

Every guy potentially available to us at #10 will have a higher or equal up-side to Zucker and we won't be locked into a contract that was signed by another GM. 

Zucker essentially disappears in the playoffs, has reached his ceiling and only did it once (as far as pts), carries term, is overpaid by a mil, AND carries NTC - hard pass. 

Minnesota as a team did worse. Dip in production is in line with that.

Hes a play driving leftwing who can net 20 goals at 5.5mil.

You guys are all homers. This guy playing with Horvat is putting up 50 points. With Petey feeding him he's pushing 30 again.

Minnesota does NOT have the young center depth talent we have.

Now to the proposal.

10th will not be a player for 2-3 barring a miracle they wont be an IMPACT player for 4-5 (See Horvat 3yr, Virt Julevi)

Sutter/Baerschi minnesota would need a player. They might like something else.

The goal for this team should be the playoffs. He helps us reach that goal and gives depth

Beagle and Rousel at 3mil each. But 5.5mil for 20g and 40points is locked into some other GMs mistake? Yeah.....right.

Your clique here is really sad. And delusional with value. Lol

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Wha?? I'd be soooo choked if Benning traded a future young star for Zucker.

to MIN: #10, Sutter and Hutton

to VAN: #12 (Seider) and Zucker

final offer

Minnesota has absolutely no use for Sutter.  They already have Koivu and Eriksson Ek who are both C3 at this point of their careers.  

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Wha?? I'd be soooo choked if Benning traded a future young star for Zucker.

to MIN: #10, Sutter and Hutton

to VAN: #12 (Seider) and Zucker

final offer

I could see that. Hutton balances the 12th and Wild could get a player we also like. I read a few things where they want RHD soderstrom? So could work. We get better they move the player they want. 

Id try to retain our D depth tho I think it really killed us in that 13game skid and that was the difference this year. We need to improve we were so close.

1 minute ago, mll said:

Minnesota has absolutely no use for Sutter.  They already have Koivu and Eriksson Ek who are both C3 at this point of their careers.  

Can never have too many centers. But valid. They might want a winger more like Baer or Virt if they cant swing Boeser

I can't think of a better idea for a rebuilding team than to trade a top 10 draft pick for a 27 year old winger that scored at a half PPG clip last season, disappears in the playoffs and carries a 5.5 million dollar cap hit until 2023.

Good stuff.

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I can't think of a better idea for a rebuilding team than to trade a top 10 draft pick for a 27 year old winger that scored at a half PPG clip last season, disappears in the playoffs and carries a 5.5 million dollar cap hit until 2023.

Good stuff.

We have been picking top 10 for like 4/5years. 23rd being the 1/5.

5.5mil will be a better deal than ANY top 6 FA signings this July.

This pick will probably be a player. No doubt its 10. But we arent holding out for a top end center anymore. Or defense (Hughs Julevi).

We can make some moves before the expansion draft. This is a player being shoped around.

Just now, HughMungus said:

We have been picking top 10 for like 4/5years. 23rd being the 1/5.

So? Top 10 picks are good. We got Pettersson with a top 10 pick. We got Hughes with a top 10 pick., 

1 minute ago, HughMungus said:

5.5mil will be a better deal than ANY top 6 FA signings this July.

Maybe, but we won't have to cough up a top 10 pick to land a free agent. I'd much prefer one of Panarin/Skinner/Ferland on a more expensive contract + our 10th overall to Zucker on a more affordable contract and no 10th overall.

4 minutes ago, HughMungus said:

This pick will probably be a player. No doubt its 10. But we arent holding out for a top end center anymore. Or defense (Hughs Julevi).

We're a rebuilding team. We're ALWAYS holding out for a top end player, regardless of position.

5 minutes ago, HughMungus said:

We can make some moves before the expansion draft. This is a player being shoped around.

Which also gives us one more player we have to protect as well. And one Benning would be under a lot of pressure to protect even if he flops here, as Benning will have traded a top 10 pick for him. 

Van 10 oa plus sutter

for min zucker 12 oa

only way we move our 10 oa for zucker gives minny cap relief and shorter term and move up two picks

van only moves down two spots and do get a player able to score 20 goals

not saying I would like it but that’s the only way value wise makes sense

if minny really wants boeser 

itd be for zucker and dumba 

minny gets there young scorer

van gets stud dman plus a guy that can score 20 goals

again I don’t like that move either as I think boeser is probably a 40 goal scorer and I think he’s awesome. But this again is just bridging the gap value wise. 

Unless minny just wants to unload zucker for virtually nothing to shed cap and term and get something before the expansion draft we should stay away 

Archived