The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] Doughty's Check vs Patrick Kane - (Game on)

Rate this topic

AV.

20 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

And Stammer really flipped flopped between being a clueless newbie about the kingpin dynamics to remembering past WW entrances like a veteran. 

It’s one thing to remember who’s a slanker, it’s another to memorize a site full of mechanics, lingo and roles. 

Just now, Stamkos said:

It’s one thing to remember who’s a slanker, it’s another to memorize a site full of mechanics, lingo and roles. 

But the Kingpin is a super common role. I'd say it's been in like 50% of mafia games. I was surprised when you said you've never seen it used in a game before. 

Just now, Beluga Whale said:

But the Kingpin is a super common role. I'd say it's been in like 50% of mafia games. I was surprised when you said you've never seen it used in a game before. 

I may have been in a game with it, but not on the same team, so I’ve never seen the mafia PM with one. It never concerned me so I didn’t bother retaining the info? 

Just now, Stamkos said:

I may have been in a game with it, but not on the same team, so I’ve never seen the mafia PM with one. It’s never concerned me so I didn’t bother retaining the info? 

Fixed. My phones autocorrect is so weird. 

2 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

I meant for MR. That reasoning didn't really apply to him unless I'm missing something. 

You are. All I meant by that post is that I concurred with MR, I also felt that Stamkos’ opening post was scummy. I then gave my reason for why I felt that way. That’s all.

4 hours ago, Stamkos said:

Good luck, mate. 

And you know this how? What makes you so sure? 

This post doesn't sit well with me in the slightest. @Beluga Whale This is like what you said with WW, comes in to justify slanking/explain why he’ll be slanking, then a scum list (that he failed to justify). 

FWIW, Aladeen often posts his first round lists like this. He has done so as scum or TP in previous games so I wouldn’t read too much into this particular post.

1 hour ago, Kryten said:

FWIW, Aladeen often posts his first round lists like this. He has done so as scum or TP in previous games so I wouldn’t read too much into this particular post.

He has, but this seems even worse than usual. Nothing good can come for us from lazy reads. 

1 hour ago, Kryten said:

You are. All I meant by that post is that I concurred with MR, I also felt that Stamkos’ opening post was scummy. I then gave my reason for why I felt that way. That’s all.

It would be scummy if I put that and started slanking immediately afterwards. That post was an opening to which I could start playing since I hadn’t been able to that point. I still stick by those reads honestly. 

5 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Too much slanking. 

Send me your hottest takes. Don't even think about them. 

Fetchy, Aladeen, + slanker