The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] Doughty's Check vs Patrick Kane - (Game on)

Rate this topic

AV.

Please forgive my tipsy ramblings but I need to get my thoughts into the thread before tomorrow. 

Why is no one suspecting MR? He's nowhere near his town-game so far. Don't think he's pressured a single person. Has he even voted? Also, pretty sure town MR would be all over that JOAT discussion (the one about optimal use of night actions)

@Time Lorde get your ass in here and post more. Or at least tell me about that prom night sex that changed your life. :P

Stamkos is our only boy out here pushing content. He's not to be lynched. 

Kryten - cut of his jib is not adequate

Continued:

GEP - Still wolfy. Didn't really have a follow up to anything that happened earlier. Maybe the outrage against me was genuine but that's not necessarily a towny thing - he could just be pissed about me targeting him constantly. (@GenerationalEP, you'll get used to it ;)) 

41 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

It would be scummy if I put that and started slanking immediately afterwards. That post was an opening to which I could start playing since I hadn’t been able to that point. I still stick by those reads honestly. 

Actually, I was considering that your “towniness” (suspect list etc) could have been in response to being called out. Nothing I have seen since makes me feel definitively one way or the other since, but then again, I am unfamiliar with your playing style.

1 minute ago, Beluga Whale said:

Please forgive my tipsy ramblings but I need to get my thoughts into the thread before tomorrow. 

Why is no one suspecting MR? He's nowhere near his town-game so far. Don't think he's pressured a single person. Has he even voted? Also, pretty sure town MR would be all over that JOAT discussion (the one about optimal use of night actions)

@Time Lorde get your ass in here and post more. Or at least tell me about that prom night sex that changed your life. :P

Stamkos is our only boy out here pushing content. He's not to be lynched. 

Kryten - cut of his jib is not adequate

The issue is that none of the slankers are playing TP games. Hell, all three scum-bags could be in that list. Especially @falcon45ca, @Time Lord and @Generational.EP40 (I still have a tp read on you but you have to come and post more, you won’t get any of the respect you want unless you stay active.) These three already talked but gradually left us. 

It looks like we’re approaching the annual stalemate for activity :/ 

2 minutes ago, Kryten said:

Actually, I was considering that your “towniness” (suspect list etc) could have been in response to being called out. Nothing I have seen since makes me feel definitively one way or the other since, but then again, I am unfamiliar with your playing style.

What's your most confident read/gut-feel so far? Doesn't even have to be specific. 

I reckon we do this:

a) First few rounds we focus the inactives/low posters. Not saying we lynch people just based on activity, but instead we pick the scummiest out of that grouping.

b) JOAT investigates players that have potential to be deep wolves. i.e. people like BJ, Zfetch, MR, and so on.

2 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I’m still recovering from today, tbh.

Us spurs fans have to stick together. We can get through this, us vancouverites are used to losing in the finals :( 

24 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Too much slanking. 

Send me your hottest takes. Don't even think about them. 

Kryten - TP lean, responded adequately to me calling out his approach earlier, provided further thought on JOAT discussion, light scum hunting on certain individuals.

Stamkos - scum lean, for reasons already mentioned and I’m not sold on the KP/derp clear as you seem to be

GED - scum lean, combination of a narrow focus to his scum hunt to a couple wolfy pop ins. Problem on him is I’m not adequately familiar with his scum game as we haven’t seen it yet, so I don’t know the differences he would show between that and his scum game.

I can’t really provide reads for WW, otherwise, and TL because they have posted like a combined 5 times between them. I’m really not sure what to do with Aladeen and hoping he returns before nightfall. Willing to give MR another night because I think it’s actually legit crazy in England right now.

• Cheers 1
1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Stamkos - scum lean, for reasons already mentioned and I’m not sold on the KP/derp clear as you seem to be

But do you really see Stamkos coming up with a fake post about not knowing how the KP worked. That's something a long time vet would try but rarely a newish player like Stamkos (no offense) would try something like that. 

I just don't see it. Unless he's wolfing with some schemer that told him to do it. 

1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Kryten - TP lean, responded adequately to me calling out his approach earlier, provided further thought on JOAT discussion, light scum hunting on certain individuals.

GED - scum lean, combination of a narrow focus to his scum hunt to a couple wolfy pop ins. Problem on him is I’m not adequately familiar with his scum game as we haven’t seen it yet, so I don’t know the differences he would show between that and his scum game.

I can’t really provide reads for WW, otherwise, and TL because they have posted like a combined 5 times between them. I’m really not sure what to do with Aladeen and hoping he returns before nightfall. Willing to give MR another night because I think it’s actually legit crazy in England right now.

Should add that even with these reads, a Stamkos/GED wagon at this stage seems weak. If I wanted to get bold, I would say throw Zfetch’s name potentially in the mix. I think he’s provided good information/arguments for the JOAT, but I haven’t seen him outline his reasoning for his scum suspects other than giving them brief waves. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Beluga Whale said:

But do you really see Stamkos coming up with a fake post about not knowing how the KP worked. That's something a long time vet would try but rarely a newish player like Stamkos (no offense) would try something like that. 

I just don't see it. Unless he's wolfing with some schemer that told him to do it. 

What if he was coached to do it? Not unreasonable to think Stamkos would seek advice or guidance from potential veterans wolves.

Even then, do I really see him doing it without the aspect of potential coaching in play? I already outlined how I noted his flip flopping, so I’ll say it’s a possibility at the very least.

2 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

What's your most confident read/gut-feel so far? Doesn't even have to be specific. 

I have always been a fan of lynching slankers because they do little to progress the game and offer a place for scum to hide.

I am going to assume at least one mafia in the inactives.

Stamkos was a blip on the radar, still not sure why I was thrown into that list of slankers.

FTR, BJ and MR are always sketchy. 

Just now, Kryten said:

I have always been a fan of lynching slankers because they do little to progress the game and offer a place for scum to hide.

I am going to assume at least one mafia in the inactives.

Stamkos was a blip on the radar, still not sure why I was thrown into that list of slankers.

FTR, BJ and MR are always sketchy. 

I’m not sketchy anymore dude. That was so 2018.

• Upvote 1