The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] Doughty's Check vs Patrick Kane - (Game on)

Rate this topic

AV.

20 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Blue is TP lean and purple is idk

What's yellow?

16 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Aladeen using wisdom teeth removal as a reason to not participate is sketchy. It's not like this game involves a lot of running around or anything, it's actually very conducive to convalescence.

Gen40 is giving me heebiejeebies...I dont get the whole "sacrifice myself as TP" as a genuine TP feeling...more like a mafia tactic to try and establish cred.

Unless he's knocked out with painkillers, he should still be able to type. Or at least check in.

7 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Unvote Vote Zfetch

Discuss, imo.

Just like Otherwise, I didn't know Zfetch was playing either.

9 hours ago, Stamkos said:

Anyone else find it odd that BJ and BW came so early after the game started despite nobody tagging them? BJ would’ve had to keep refreshing the page, then he’d send a response in whether or not he got a PM. BW however, gave the perfect amount of time to check up on a pm and then the thread. 

For reference, BW responded 10 minutes after AV said game on last game, 5:18pm compared to 5:28pm, yet AV gave no clues that he was randomizing. He was mafia this game.

I’m going to need to check up on BW’s posts tomorrow. 

I'm all for meticulously combing through all of BW's posts (I need to do that as well), but I don't think anything of this in regards to timing. Not that I want to defend BW, but he and I were on/around the thread at the time AV was handing out roles. Posting 3 minutes after I posted seems like a weak reason to be suspicious of him.

Otherwise/WW/Falcon all playing townie

Aladeen and and GEN are both still super scummy. I don't like a noob acting as if they're quitting. Seems coached to me.

Also Time Lord swooping in with the random reads and not providing much else is not a good look. I think it's likely him, Aladeen and one of BJ/BW would constitute the mafia team

25 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I'm all for meticulously combing through all of BW's posts (I need to do that as well), but I don't think anything of this in regards to timing. Not that I want to defend BW, but he and I were on/around the thread at the time AV was handing out roles. Posting 3 minutes after I posted seems like a weak reason to be suspicious of him.

The only way I’ll be able to tell what he is, is if I look at the small things. I’m not really FOSing him, but I’m just saying that it’s something to be aware of. There were no tags and you guys aren’t following AV, so there wouldn’t be an alert unless you sat and waited, which could be possible, but I’m not sure. 

If he was sitting in the thread and waiting, why would it take a whole 5 minutes to vote BJ? He does it every game so it’s not like he was thinking of doing something else. 

WIFOM...think there is a decent chance at least 1 mafia exists between WW/falcon/otherwise. None of them were particularly active until last night/this morning, and the brunt of their conversation (not all, but majority sum total) have revolved around KP/anon talk and early post timing at the start of the game. I doubt all 3 are mafia, but each one, I could argue, looks like they are trying to look "game-solvy" without contributing to the hunt. Seems like a good time for a wolf or 2 to blend in with the rest of the pack. 

• Cheers 1
9 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

The only way I’ll be able to tell what he is, is if I look at the small things. I’m not really FOSing him, but I’m just saying that it’s something to be aware of. There were no tags and you guys aren’t following AV, so there wouldn’t be an alert unless you sat and waited, which could be possible, but I’m not sure. 

If he was sitting in the thread and waiting, why would it take a whole 5 minutes to vote BJ? He does it every game so it’s not like he was thinking of doing something else. 

*shrugs* maybe the tiny amount of good in his heart resisted his bad side from voting for me for 5 whole minutes this time?

Just now, Blue Jay 22 said:

*shrugs* maybe the tiny amount of good in his heart resisted his bad side from voting for me for 5 whole minutes this time?

I don’t know, it just doesn’t seem right. 2 minutes makes sense, 5 minutes borders making sense and not making sense. 

13 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

Otherwise/WW/Falcon all playing townie

Aladeen and and GEN are both still super scummy. I don't like a noob acting as if they're quitting. Seems coached to me.

Also Time Lord swooping in with the random reads and not providing much else is not a good look. I think it's likely him, Aladeen and one of BJ/BW would constitute the mafia team

Negatory imo

WIFOM...think there is a decent chance at least 1 mafia exists between WW/falcon/otherwise. None of them were particularly active until last night/this morning, and the brunt of their conversation (not all, but majority sum total) have revolved around KP/anon talk and early post timing at the start of the game. I doubt all 3 are mafia, but each one, I could argue, looks like they are trying to look "game-solvy" without contributing to the hunt. Seems like a good time for a wolf or 2 to blend in with the rest of the pack. 

Ironically, nearly every point you made in this post can be said about you as well.

Hide contents

giphy.gif

Oh? Much of your posts have been about soccer, or addressing Stammers questions re: your interactions with BW at the start of the game. You've tossed out a Zfetch vote, but I dont recall any reason for doing so.

What have you done, in your own estimation, to actively root out scum that's more genuine than the "game solvy" attempts you've accused others of?

Using a Donald Trump gif to portray your feelings ain't shady at all... 

Just now, falcon45ca said:

Oh? Much of your posts have been about soccer, or addressing Stammers questions re: your interactions with BW at the start of the game. You've tossed out a Zfetch vote, but I dont recall any reason for doing so.

What have you done, in your own estimation, to actively root out scum that's more genuine than the "game solvy" attempts you've accused others of?

Using a Donald Trump gif to portray your feelings ain't shady at all... 

I think I've provided plenty for the thread that can constitute as game solvy, personally. You should give the thread another read since you have conveniently missed the parts where I've outlined both my suspicions/change of heart of Stamkos, my suspicions/change of heart on Kryten, my current suspicions of Zfetch, as well as reasons for my suspicions for You/Otherwise/WW as well as GED.

What have I done that is "game-solvy"? Absolutely nothing since its round 1, but I'll go ahead and stake my "game-solvyness" against anyone if we are playing a game of dick chicken. 

10 hours ago, Generational.EP40 said:

No real clues so far.

I’ll sacrifice myself as innocent TP lynch vote if need be 

@everyone - this is obviously a bit sketchy, but I don't know him yet. Is this showing his rookie thought process, or is he attempting manipulation?

Current VC

Time Lord (1) - Stamkos

Zfetch (1) - Aladeen

Beluga Whale (1) - Generational.EP40

Master Radishes (1) - Beluga Whale

Aladeen (1) - Master Radishes

Blue Jay 22 (1) - Time Lord

Where's Wellwood (1) - Blue Jay 22

Generational.EP40 (2) - falcon45ca, Zfetch

Edited by Alain Vigneault