The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MLK MeToo'd?

GM

Unsealed FBI documents have claimed that civil rights activist Martin Luther King ‘looked on and laughed’ while a friend raped a woman.

According to the Sunday Times the unsealed documents, unearthed by biographer David Garrow, make a number of allegations about the civil rights leader.

The FBI reports reveal the extent of government surveillance on Dr King, with one incident allegedly caught on tape by a recording device hidden in a hotel room in Washington DC.
https://news.yahoo.com/martin-luther-king-laughed-r*pe-friend-fbi-documents-145714868.html
FBI tapes show Martin Luther King Jr had 40 affairs and 'laughed' as friend raped parishioner | Daily Mail Online

Garrow seems to be a legit source. If it turns out true, do they remove all MLK statues, school names, street names ect?

19 minutes ago, GM said:

Unsealed FBI documents have claimed that civil rights activist Martin Luther King ‘looked on and laughed’ while a friend raped a woman.

According to the Sunday Times the unsealed documents, unearthed by biographer David Garrow, make a number of allegations about the civil rights leader.

The FBI reports reveal the extent of government surveillance on Dr King, with one incident allegedly caught on tape by a recording device hidden in a hotel room in Washington DC.
https://news.yahoo.com/martin-luther-king-laughed-r*pe-friend-fbi-documents-145714868.html
FBI tapes show Martin Luther King Jr had 40 affairs and 'laughed' as friend raped parishioner | Daily Mail Online

Garrow seems to be a legit source. If it turns out true, do they remove all MLK statues, school names, street names ect?

Woooow, if true it’s definitely gonna be an interesting story to watch unfold. I think im gonna grab my popcorn for this one

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, BigCountry18 said:

No proof, just rumours. Why would they release this to the press without proof unless there's a hidden agenda? Anyone can make a recording accusing someone of something. Very fishy.

Idk, I've heard the 'MLKJ was serial cheater' bit before. If the author is credible, it's certainly plausible. 

Lots of people in history, even though they promote love, peace and whatever... aren't really the most moral of people.

John Lennon being a prime example.... a known wife beater, who abandoned his original wife and kids... yet celebrated because you know... "Imagine".  

MLK was a well known philanderer, but it's one heck of a leap to go from sleeping around to condoning a rape.  Short of a first or second-hand witness, this one needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Edited by SabreFan1
Added second sentence.

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hoover and the FBI hated MLK. Hoover thought he was a communist. Doubtful that was a legit investigation. 

Maybe Hoover should have stopped wearing dresses and tried to fight organized crime instead. 

Yeah, that’s where I’m at as well. I’ll disavow MLK if it’s true but it’s been pretty well documented that Hoover had some messed up priorities in the 60s.

I've heard rumors that MLK was a serial cheater, but I thought that was more nonsense spread by the FBI. 

Also, why is this only coming out now? Would've been much more effective back then.

Edited by Qwags