The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Martin Erat announces retirement

Rate this topic

39 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Forsberg - Erat is probably one of the more lopsided trades in recent memory.

To think Poile did not want to trade Erat.   He said he tried very hard to convince him to change his mind for some 2-3 weeks but Erat wanted out because he felt the Predators were never going to win.   

1 hour ago, 250Integra said:

Forsberg - Erat is probably one of the more lopsided trades in recent memory.

Hall - Larsson?

Although I randomly just looked up the trade details and a story came up about Laraque mentioning Hall was in rehab/substance abuse/ostracized by teammates prior to. Many teams found out, brought down his value. We will never know for sure though...

So funny. Erat had a very solid career as a Nashville Predator, but people will only really remember him because that trade for Forsberg was such a catastrophe. McPhee is a good GM, Forsberg is a hell of a player, and Erat had a terrific NHL career. Mistakes happen, but oh well.....

Congrats Erat! Very underrated player imho. 

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/30/2019 at 10:58 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Stojanov - Naslund was one of the greatest robberies. 

I was choked because I liked how Stojanov played. But changed my tune very quickly. 

What a trade that was... Naslund in his prime was something else.

The WCE in their prime... led by Captain Markus was probably the best line hockey had ever seen. 

He was an elite superstar that was targeted and cheap shotted freely after the Bertuzzi incident. The Canucks were on high alert that heavy suspensions would be handed out and sadly lost their ability to stand up for one another like Todd did. They stopped being able to fight back when our players got cheap shotted or roughed up.... the 29 other NHL teams at the time had all received the memo. It's open season on Vancouver.

It's a shame he was targeted like he was...

Had all those Avalanche players not piled up on Todd after he took down Moore , there would be no long suspension and Vancouver would not have lost it's ability to actually defend one another for over a decade now... There would be no cheap shots on Naslund, No 10 punches to the face of Daniel and all the other head hunts the Sedins and Burrows received. 

The Bertuzzi incident cursed us and it's a damn shame. Say what you want, but what Todd did was what EVERY die hard Canuck fan asking for. No one was asking for Steve to be put on a stretcher... but to be taught a lesson. Sadly the pile up ended up breaking Moore's neck (last I checked Bertuzzi didn't clone himself and pile on top) 

It's a damn shame that Steve got hurt like he did... but had there been no huge pile up on the back of Bert, Moore's neck wouldnt get crushed like it did and more importantly the WCE would win the cup in 2004. 

People say Vancouver got robbed of Cam Neely. I say Vancouver Robbed the hockey world with Markus. Had the NHL not targeted us, you can bet your house that Nazzy would have more hardware collected. 

:goat:

mnaslund_2018-10-26.jpg

That all said, I'm not gonna taint my Saturday and be upset that Markus, Bert and BMo didn't capture more hardware; Cups, Harts, Selke's, Lester's, North West Championship banners,... 

NHL trophies and accolades have as much integrity and importance that WWE titles. They just follow the script to sell the league. 

Vancouver has had some of the best teams and players the NHL has ever seen and we're 10x the franchise compared to all the other teams with their cups like Avs, Pens, Kings, etc... Hawks

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:56 PM, apollo said:

What a trade that was... Naslund in his prime was something else.

The WCE in their prime... led by Captain Markus was probably the best line hockey had ever seen. 

He was an elite superstar that was targeted and cheap shotted freely after the Bertuzzi incident. The Canucks were on high alert that heavy suspensions would be handed out and sadly lost their ability to stand up for one another like Todd did. They stopped being able to fight back when our players got cheap shotted or roughed up.... the 29 other NHL teams at the time had all received the memo. It's open season on Vancouver. 

It's a shame he was targeted like he was...

Had all those Avalanche players not piled up on Todd after he took down Moore , there would be no long suspension and Vancouver would not have lost it's ability to actually defend one another for over a decade now... There would be no cheap shots on Naslund, No 10 punches to the face of Daniel and all the other head hunts the Sedins and Burrows received.  

The Bertuzzi incident cursed us and it's a damn shame. Say what you want, but what Todd did was what EVERY die hard Canuck fan asking for. No one was asking for Steve to be put on a stretcher... but to be taught a lesson. Sadly the pile up ended up breaking Moore's neck (last I checked Bertuzzi didn't clone himself and pile on top) 

It's a damn shame that Steve got hurt like he did... but had there been no huge pile up on the back of Bert, Moore's neck wouldnt get crushed like it did and more importantly the WCE would win the cup in 2004. 

People say Vancouver got robbed of Cam Neely. I say Vancouver Robbed the hockey world with Markus. Had the NHL not targeted us, you can bet your house that Nazzy would have more hardware collected. 

:goat:

mnaslund_2018-10-26.jpg

That all said, I'm not gonna taint my Saturday and be upset that Markus, Bert and BMo didn't capture more hardware; Cups, Harts, Selke's, Lester's, North West Championship banners,... 

NHL trophies and accolades have as much integrity and importance that WWE titles. They just follow the script to sell the league. 

Vancouver has had some of the best teams and players the NHL has ever seen and we're 10x the franchise compared to all the other teams with their cups like Avs, Pens, Kings, etc... Hawks

You know we got Luongo out of the Bertuzzi deal right?

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Losing With Pride said:

You know we got Luongo out of the Bertuzzi deal right?

We did indeed... Its funny how it turned out... My favourite player ended up being traded for my future favourite... 

Regardless, no suspension that year for Tuzzi, we win the cup in 2004. All the drama ruined his career. At his peak, in my opinion, he was the greatest power forward to ever play the game 

I think Mike Keenan and pretty much 90% of the nhl would agree at the time. Hence being traded for Luongo who was by far the most consistent goalie the NHL ever saw from 2002ish to 2015ish 

Edited by apollo
  • Cheers 1

i always laugh when a middle, or lesser skill even, nhl/hockey player feels the need to inform the world that “They are retiring”. 

Oh no martin erat isnt going to play hockey anymore!? Well damn i dont know what im going to do. I had so many great memories of....stuff he did on the ice. Like goals and stuff i guess. 

In reality its just....

”Bye Felicia..”