The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2019/2020 -[4 GM Positions Available]

Relyt Krets

Well, with Rees going right ahead of us, the Sharks are now willing to trade down from 55. Ideally it'd be for a later 2nd-rounder or early 3rd-rounder plus another pick. We're willing to get creative.

Edited by _arby_18

32 minutes ago, _arby_18 said:

Well, with Rees going right ahead of us, the Sharks are now willing to trade down from 55. Ideally it'd be for a later 2nd-rounder plus another pick, but we're willing to get creative.

:mellow:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, _arby_18 said:

Well, with Rees going right ahead of us, the Sharks are now willing to trade down from 55. Ideally it'd be for a later 2nd-rounder or early 3rd-rounder plus another pick. We're willing to get creative.

Minnesota is also willing to trade a late 2nd rounder for another late 2nd rounder plus another pick.

In fact, we'll trade any pick for an equivalent pick plus another pick.

• Wat 1

11 minutes ago, _arby_18 said:

Um. Some teams trade picks to move up from say 61 to 55. Not sure what the deal is there lol.  /shrugs

I just thought it was pretty funny to put that much value on moving a few spots at this stage in the game.

I am generally looking at Cullen's draft position chances to play 100 or more NHL games...

I want to trade 91st and 101st for a late 2nd round pick. I view it as I am looking for a 34% chance of picking an NHL'er vs a 29% chance and a 19% chance. In short, I am giving away a 19% chance in order to turn my 29% shot into a 34% shot. I think that is fair value. I wouldn't want to, at the late 2nd round, trade away a 34% chance and a 29% chance just to bump up 5 spots and pick a certain guy....too unsure of my abilities maybe, haha, but I am always leery of 'putting my eggs in one basket" with one particular teenager. I think Yakupov proved that caution well deserved. 

By no means do i assume I am correct, but that is how i figure it.

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

I just thought it was pretty funny to put that much value on moving a few spots at this stage in the game.

Meh. If you have a guy that's falling on your list you might pay to move up a few spots. Like these trades IRL at the draft last year. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

image.png.16854102a3daa5dbf9bb5ccea9f461be.png

image.png.050bafd9fd27d74fb5bbb06f5e5a59fd.png

Edited by _arby_18

17 minutes ago, Tylez said:

Trade.thumb.png.92117add2b9351b30d47f1e73ddc4848.png

To NYR.png.fa4a27fcedb486ec693dfd9f904a894c.png @JimLahey: 2019 Nashville 3rd (75th)

To NSH.png.ab484f30088d3c9d9fef7c93872de917.png @Rush17: Lukas Jasek, 2019 Rangers 5th (126th)

Thanks @JimLahey for making this deal possible. We are very excited to add Lukas to our prospect pool down in Milwaukee. We have followed Jasek's career closely since he was drafted by Vancouver in 2015. His arrival to the AHL was immediately impactful in his first season at the tail end of the 2017-18 season.  Lukas learned the important lesson of how difficult the grind of the AHL/NHL schedule can be this last season. We feel comfortable knowing he now has an understanding of what it takes to be successful at the AHL level.

Jasek put up 29 points (9 goals and 20 assists in 63 games in the A this season). We are comfortable - we will be able to add another solid player with Pick 126. Excited to see the drat unfold! Cheers all.