The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2019/2020 -[4 GM Positions Available]

Relyt Krets

EKL League Announcement!

This doesn't affect anyone outright, however it will affect any buried contracts from today onwards.

We had not rolled our formula forward to the new season with regards to buried contracts cap relief.

Our rule specifically spoke to the 18-19 NHL dollar amount at 1,025,000 dollars regarding buried contracts, with 1,050,000 as the relief portion of a buried contract once it meets the first numbers threshold.  This is confusing as well as a year behind the NHL's chart (see below)

Under the 2013 CBA, teams no longer receive full cap relief when demoting a player on a one-way NHL contract to the American Hockey League (or loaning him to a team in another professional league).  The AAV (Average Annual Value, aka cap hit) less the sum of the minimum NHL salary for that season plus $375,000 still counts against the Club’s cap total.

Summary Table for Calculation Purposes:

• [Season]: [Minimum Salary] + $375,000 = Total that can be buried
  • 2012-13: $525,000 + $375,000 = $900,000
  • 2013-14: $550,000 + $375,000 = $925,000
  • 2014-15: $550,000 + $375,000 = $925,000
  • 2015-16: $575,000 + $375,000 = $950,000
  • 2016-17: $575,000 + $375,000 = $950,000
  • 2017-18: $650,000 + $375,000 = $1,025,000
  • 2018-19: $650,000 + $375,000 = $1,025,000
  • 2019-20: $700,000 + $375,000 = $1,075,000
  • 2020-21: $700,000 + $375,000 = $1,075,000
  • 2021-22: $750,000 + $375,000 = $1,125,000

I will change all the team sheets today to reflect this new amount. Note it will go up again in the 21-22 year. 

To square the whole thing up i will add 25k to the second portion of our rule which makes just the one number going forward rather than the confusing two dollar values.

current rule:

Any waiver eligible player assigned to the AHL making more than $1,025,000 per season will have their cap hit less $1,050,000 count towards the team’s total cap hit.

the Rule will be from today forward:

Any Waiver eligible player assigned to the AHL making more than 1,075,000 per season will have their cap hit less 1,075,000 count towards the team's total cap hit.

We will therefore make both amounts 1.075m for ease of use primarily and to reflect the NHL more easily. The process should not effect any club in a negative way, and there is nothing any GM needs to action. Thank you. This is really a small bookkeeping update presented for full transparency purposes.

Thank you for your patience.

P.O>

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Tylez said:

I am resigning thanks all for the opportunity. Don't have the heart for this anymore

Thanks for your time in the EKL and for all you have done over the last 18 months for sure! I do hope you have a change of heart if you wish to come back at any time, drop us a line. I was really hoping not to lose you in all of this but I am very grateful for the extra work you did to smooth out the transition. You are a good man and a great GM. Hope to see you back perhaps. My apologies for the way you are feeling about the league, it is certainly not what I wished for by any stretch of the imagination. 

• Upvote 1

Signing.jpg.e0e4d69fd54d3d374c93cd6bc9ad7a12.jpg.c9a81b735460048e356233a73da0c9b4.jpg

The MIN.png.f5070f042918622a3a38f14c5a439b29.png @D-Money @Monty have signed Mackenzie Maceachern, valued at 1.075 m a year for 2 years. Total value 2.15million

EDIT: I should mention this is NOT an elc contract as the player's RL ELC was 2016-2017. cheers

Transparency notes:

This negotiation has been ongoing for several days and three points are worth mentioning in thread: the player has 4 NHL points and a big league job this year and this was his only offer to come across my desk, despite waiting several days in case a recent TV spot or news story has sparked interest, it had not apparently.

Secondly, the players real life contract is 750k and expires this year, the negotiation brought in a second year with higher AAV which reflects several days negotiations. Admittedly I am new to this side of the executive, however as an agent I will always represent my individual clients as best as I can in terms of guaranteed work and dollar value: so expect that until we flesh out the executive with more folks the player agent hat I wear will always work towards a bit more money and some guaranteed work in terms of years under contract. (full disclosure: the more years a deal is worth the less work i have to do over time, lol sad but true)

Lastly this price point is what caused me to investigate our buried contract penalty numbers: and I am sure that the change I just made was intended in the original concept but we missed rolling the values forward due to the upheaval in the EXEC from the first season to this one. I weighed changing now vs offseason and realized no one is negatively affected by correcting the fault now.

Thank you. 

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Upvote 3

Thinking Thursday's  Fantasy Five!!

Saturday Edition, lol

(leaves us 198)

### Vancouver at Washington ##

Calgary at Philadelphia ####

### Toronto at Colorado ##

# Columbus at Winnipeg ####

# NY Rangers at Montreal ####

3 for 5 guys,way to go folks!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 wins was good enough to get us 20 chips back: bringing the total forward to 218!!

Next Wednesday I will post this again for Thursdays games as will be the usual day

cheers

Note: the vacant club Philadelphia Flyers spreadsheet has not included the Stone buyout's penalty due to a formula error since the beginning of the season: to correct this the league is sending down a waiver free forward who is not currently playing in the NHL. Isac Lundstrom. The team is in compliance and no assets were lost. 

cheers.

2 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Signing.jpg.e0e4d69fd54d3d374c93cd6bc9ad7a12.jpg.c9a81b735460048e356233a73da0c9b4.jpg

The MIN.png.f5070f042918622a3a38f14c5a439b29.png @D-Money @Monty have signed Mackenzie Maceachern, valued at 1.075 m a year for 2 years. Total value 2.15million

EDIT: I should mention this is NOT an elc contract as the player's RL ELC was 2016-2017. cheers

Wild place Viktor Arvidsson on I/R (LINK) and add MacEachern to the active roster.

• Upvote 1

Jakob Silfverberg is on the BLOCK out of Nashville. Inquire w/ @Rush17

Image result for silverberg nhl

Looking to become a more balanced playoff team! Open to NHL help or prospects/picks!

Silfverberg has 1 million retained on each of the next 2 seasons. His cap hit before the retention is only 5 million.

4m / 4m / 5m / 5m / 5m He has term and is entering the prime of his career!

Edited by Rush17

Hey guys. nice to be a part of this. Thought I would start by saying I will be going for the playoffs. Players on my trade block are as following.

On the block:

Zacha

Rakell

Ek Eriksson

Ghost

Compher

Rinne (would like to get a younger goalie)

Players that would be hard to get but I would be willing to listen on:

Crosby

Weber

• Cheers 2

Pondering for next offseason: 

1.4 - General Manager Reputation

All General Managers will have General Manager Reputation. Reputation can be gained by showing loyalty to UFA signings, treating your players fairly, and checking beforehand with your respective agent to inquire whether or not a player would be willing to consider a trade. Reputation can be lost by signing players and then trading shortly afterwards, making bad trades, and not honouring your word in contract discussions with your respective agent. Reputation can affect things like UFA signings, Term/Value during contract negotiations with players currently on your team, and willingness of other players to be traded to your team.

This was never fleshed out as far as I am aware to actually have any influence in our game. I am considering a simple system like points on your drivers licence: ask a player to waive: you get a point or a level, sign and trade gets a point or a level and submitting a trade with a team when your player has a clause you didn't check on or the team isn't on list provided: you get a point or a level...all things that can be demonstrably measured. 

Then you lose one point or level every year on July 1st.

The three possible levels of bad reputation among players would come with a 30%, 60% or 90% chance future requests to players will not be honoured. Simple loot roll website will random generate the answer based on odds.

Simple, easy to track and how it helps the league is it slows down the ''wrangling and dealing outside the rules your previous deals have imposed on you". It also adds some accountability to the freestyle player flippers in that once your up to level 3: 90% chance a player won't acquiesce to your request. I think that is a deterrent while still allowing to possibly move bad contracts and better your club...there should always be faint hope to move a guy or get a guy, IMO.

THoughts? Both for and against are welcome...its just an idea...and if we collectively don't like it: that rule will have to be changed or deleted. I think the proposed change or close to it would be kinda cool...what do you think?

I am for. As long as it's clearly stated what affects reputation. I think the agent should also inform teams of reputation info during contract negotiations.  

There would need to be a lot of reputation awareness. Perhaps moves made that cause negative rep get posted in the thread for the first couple months? So we can all learn how it works from others mistakes.

• Upvote 1

I am not for nor against.

However

In most real world situations a player would be under contract

..under this contract he must do what his gm says within his contract.. if hes waived or signed then traded or sent to minors repeatedly this has nor bearing on what people think of the gm. 

It's just part of the cutthroat nhl management we see.

I did talk about star power before.... I think to keep a gm accountable to his fans like a real world situation would be more important....

I do have something drawn up.

But just like the nhl.... you cant field a ahl team full of bad contracts.... unless your the Oilers hahahaha.... you need a minimum number of stars to keep buts in the seats.

• Like 1

• Monty locked this topic