The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE TORONTO RAPTORS HAVE WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

If a team makes basketball fans out of non fans along the way, they've done a good job.

I'm a bandwagoner...don't even watch basketball.  Watch the last 2 minutes in playoff basketball to see who wins.

But now I'm in.  I like the team, not just that they're winning.  It's just that the winning caught my attention.   

If you wish for them to lose is that really any better?

This was cool for me...my daughter hates sports, but was here with her b/f when I got home from work so we could watch the game together.  Ordered some food and made a thing of it.  Everyone "starts" being a fan at some point.

I remember Kyle going up against Brooklyn on the last play of game 7. 

I remember Bismack Biyombo, L-low, Demar & the Raps going up against the Cavs in 2016. Going to 6. And getting wrecked by the Cavs the years following.

Now here we are! NBA Champions!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, TheRick said:

Vancouver needed a Nash but unfortunately management was too stupid to not draft nor trade for him!

But, but Big Country! (speaking of stupid and the draft, I think the fans in Phoenix actually booed when he was selected iirc).

Can't argue with you there.  I was fortunate enough to witness/play against Nash when he was growing up - when he was in high school he used to come practice with the Junior Vikes - who had a habit of challenging us (the Sr Vikes volleyball team) - to pickup hoop games.  He would walk to and from school dribbling a basketball - had legendary Eli Pasquale mentoring him - but I never projected him to become what he eventually did.   He was never particularly exceptional in an 'athletic' sense - he wasn't partiularly fast, wasn't that gifted a jumper, etc - but had sublime skills and mental game - kinda like Gretzky in that sense - just thought the game at another level, and worked so hard that he was borderline ambidextrous.   Might have never made it - being Canadian at that point - but his high school coach at St Mike's wrote to countless US universities trying to get him into the NCAA game, and thankfully Santa Clara bit.  One of my fond memories in hindsight was having jammed against him in one of those games (I was a point guard as well and not a bad one) - but in fairness to him, I was considerably older than he was at the time.

But more than my respect for him as a player, he was always so likeable and such a good, integral person. 

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Great job man, that's awesome! I'm younger but I do sober october & I challenge myself.

I got you, I'll have 1 for you bud!

Canada's team won tonight!!!! This is all of us! All of Canada! Hope your doing well & enjoying your night man!!!!

Same here, do 2 a year usually October and July 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Like 1

Just now, Generational.EP40 said:

I don’t get why people give stupid people like Skip attention.

He makes a living off dumb takes. Just ignore him. Clown.

No im fully aware...he makes like 5 million or something stupid a year

I just enjoy him looking like the dumb ass he his in this moment

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I remember Kyle going up against Brooklyn on the last play of game 7. 

I remember Bismack Biyombo, L-low, Demar & the Raps going up against the Cavs in 2016. Going to 6. And getting wrecked by the Cavs the years following.

Now here we are! NBA Champions!

I was too young to really remember some of it, but now we can truly put it all to bed. Carter's missed shot in '01, T-Mac wanting out, Carter wanting out, Bosh leaving (though bless him for seeming genuinely happy that his old team won), LeBronto, being swept as the #1 seed, none of that matters now.

Everything that got them here made it all worthwhile.

Edited by Brad Marchand
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

1/30 Canadian teams in the NBA

7/31 Canadian teams in the NHL

And yet the drought has been ended by the Raptors:picard:

likewise with MLB and the BlueJays / Joe Carter et al.

silver lining - it drove Americans nuts when the Jays won the World Series.

Rinse and repeat today.