The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE TORONTO RAPTORS HAVE WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP

Big congratulations to the Raptors on their first NBA title! Personally not a Raptors fan but I am a basketball fan and they were objectively the better team throughout the series. They'll be contenders again next season if they keep Kawhi which seems very likely. A well deserved finals mvp for Kawhi. I look forward to Siakam developing into an all star player. 

As for the Warriors they've had an amazing run, but they might struggle to make the playoffs next year even if they do manage to resign KD and Klay. Klay out for most of the next season with ACL tear and KD done for the whole season. An unceremonious end but they played their heart out this series. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, D'Angelo Russell said:

Big congratulations to the Raptors on their first NBA title! Personally not a Raptors fan but I am a basketball fan and they were objectively the better team throughout the series. They'll be contenders again next season if they keep Kawhi which seems very likely. A well deserved finals mvp for Kawhi. I look forward to Siakam developing into an all star player. 

As for the Warriors they've had an amazing run, but they might struggle to make the playoffs next year even if they do manage to resign KD and Klay. Klay out for most of the next season with ACL tear and KD done for the whole season. An unceremonious end but they played their heart out this series. 

STAY OFF THE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDUH

1 hour ago, naslund.is.king said:

2 photos

Unreal that's the reality now! I usually only watch playoff basketball since hockey is on during the year, but this Raps team was so damn fun to watch and an easy group of guys to cheer for. Congrats!

Hope Kawhi stays with the Raps. 

Thompson injury update

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nba/klay-suffered-torn-acl-in-left-knee/ar-AACRhr5?ocid=spartandhp

Golden State Warriors All-Star Klay Thompson suffered a torn ACL in Game 6 of the NBA Finals against the Toronto Raptors, his agent Greg Lawrence told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Thompson landed awkwardly after getting fouled on a fast-break dunk attempt in the third quarter, and he immediately went down favoring his left knee. The sharpshooter headed to the locker room before briefly coming back onto the court to shoot his free throws, leading to hope he could return again.

The 29-year-old eventually left the arena on crutches, and the Raptors went on to defeat the Warriors, clinching their first NBA championship.

Thompson was on fire prior to the injury, finishing the night with 30 points on 8-12 shooting in 32 minutes.

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I think you need to be taking your own advice.  Was a well thought out comment from what I saw.

Oh, I wasn't referencing the comment itself.  I was just poking fun at the user's screen name.

Context is important :lol:

2 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Oh, I wasn't referencing the comment itself.  I was just poking fun at the user's screen name.

Context is important :lol:

I am new to this thing called the internet.  I apologize. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Meant as which country dominates said sport, not as who the inventor was.

That doesn’t work either as American based teams have dominated the nhl for years ha ha

20 hours ago, BigUncle16 said:

Can't possibly cheer for anything that comes out of Toronto and quite frankly, this Raptors bandwagon in Vancouver is revolting if you ask me

Meh. Not everyone looks at the city of Toronto the way an ugly 14 year old schoolgirl looks at the girls on the cheerleading team....

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Meh. Not everyone looks at the city of Toronto the way an ugly 14 year old schoolgirl looks at the girls on the cheerleading team....

Why would anyone look at my hometown as a girl on the cheerleading team?   Toronto is an interesting city with more problems than most of Canada combined is more like the girl that got pregnant in grade 9 and who you mistake for someone's mother at your 10 year reunion.    

That all being said, good for the Raptors and given they won without a single lottery draft pick (highest pick was 15th overall) and won as a team, gives some freshness into a professional sporting world that is too often in need of a refresh.    However, it does not turn Toronto into some kind of mecca as the city itself has poor weather, illogical layout, odd transportation options and too many self-important people trying to get nowhere far too quickly.   

8 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Ujiri was denied enter the court to celebrate, and pushed a deputy.  Considering the senseless excess violence on black folks in the US, I think they should just drop the charges. A simple apology should be good enough.  Both sides look stupid.

http://www.tsn.ca/1.1322398.1560556592

From the eye witness account, it sounds like the officer put his hand on Ujiui’s chest, and forcefully pushed him backwards.  

I hope this incident reminds Mr. Ujiri how racist so much of America is, so he stays in Canada.  

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Actually, TO is a *&$# hole.  That doesn’t mean we don’t like the Raptors and the Jays though.  I think we get the best of both worlds as fans from afar.  We get to live here (and not in the center of the *&$# hole universe) while still cheering for those two teams.