The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE TORONTO RAPTORS HAVE WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP

Not gonna lie, I'm conflicted about this series. 

Knowing that if the Raptors win a LOT of people in Toronto (including a lot of Laffs fans) will enjoy that makes me cringe not to mention what benefits the Raptors benefits MLSE and thereby benefits the Laffs. 

Yet, they're the Raptors and our (Canada's) only hope and when I'm not invested any other way I always root for the underdog..... so......conflict:unsure:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Not gonna lie, I'm conflicted about this series. 

Knowing that if the Raptors win a LOT of people in Toronto (including a lot of Laffs fans) will enjoy that makes me cringe not to mention what benefits the Raptors benefits MLSE and thereby benefits the Laffs. 

Yet, they're the Raptors and our (Canada's) only hope and when I'm not invested any other way I always root for the underdog..... so......conflict:unsure:

:lol: i know your feeling. Im the guy who says anyone but Canada when the Canucks are eliminated

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Im trying to enjoy the moment but could you imagine if they actually pulled it off.. 

Canadas going to shock the world:wub:

If you have an entire country and 47 of 50 American states pulling for you that kinda says something about what you’ve done and that people are sick of the Warriors. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Pears said:

If you have an entire country and 47 of 50 American states pulling for you that kinda says something about what you’ve done and that people are sick of the Warriors. 

Meanwhile Adam silver is thinking about mid season soccer tournaments:lol:

Super teams are getting boring quick

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Drake better watch out tho, Draymond might kick him in the nuts.

#DontLetWarriorsThreePeat

#RapsIn4

No matter what someone is 3 peatin

GS or McCaw:lol:

on the 3 peat discussion

Bosh:"Well, it wasn't a lecture - he said we weren't gonna do it," Bosh said before pointing to the camera. "So I'm gonna tell him, 'You're not gonna do it either, Steve(Kerr)!" 

• Upvote 1

Pretty cool that Rapts have homecourt, didn’t follow the regular season much this year and was shocked to see that Toronto did better than GS in the standings. Still the BIG underdog. I love my country but I hate TO media. Go go you might morphin Raptors

CC53A46A-AFCA-4E7C-BE15-A03F701D2AFE.gif

• Upvote 1

@EP Phone Home

being a Raptor's fan i can tell you we still are second fiddle to NHL and the leafs

Least they can pretend with the Raptors and Jays they're serving all of Canada

up until today Hockey is still getting more coverage even with no CDN teams

I have all but given up on anyone giving the Canucks attention when it comes to hockey

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

@EP Phone Home

being a Raptor's fan i can tell you we still are second fiddle to NHL and the leafs

I have all but given up on anyone giving the Canucks attention when it comes to hockey

Yeah would be cool if they pulled it off and have the exposure that the Jays did back in their DejaBlue 90s days. Whatever helps this country boost the game and hopefully one day help get us a team back here. Seattle gets a team first before that happens. Just to be in the finals is a grandstand of exposure on it’s own. But a raptors title would do wonders for this country and the game regardless of what we think of Toronto media. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

@EP Phone Home

Once Canucks are out, hockey becomes the secondary sport. Basketball media and drama makes it way more entertaining than hockey.

Haven't watched an NHL Playoff game since the first round, but I've seen almost every NBA Playoff game since the second round. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Why am I so stoked for this?  (Sports fan, in withdrawal, that's why).

I hate Toronto, so I'm pretending these are the Canadian Raptors.  It's the only way I can do it.

Canadas team deb:lol:

However you need to look at it! Your on the right side

• Upvote 1