The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van -NYR

6 minutes ago, Freeridebc said:

Son of a!!!!!!!!!!!! Irfaan Gaffar is no Rick Dhaliwal. When these media weasels leak these "statements", it just goes to show how self-serving their agenda is, and how it actually hinders negotiations.

That probably would get the 2nd overall though. Kakko and Petterson would be pretty sweet.

10 minutes ago, Freeridebc said:

With Boesers camp and Van apparently far apart on contract negotiations;

To NYR - Boeser, Lind, 10th over all, 2020 2nd

To Van: 2nd over all.

Does that get it done?

That not only gets it done, but the Rags would have to add to number two.  Plus, there is no certainty that Jersey is taking Crappo Kakko first.  We don't want that second pick unless it's Jack Hughes.

I see more of a deal like this happening:

Canucks get 8 OA from the Coilers (we have to take Lucic though :sick:)

The Devils take Crappo first.

Then, and only then, the Canucks trade 8 OA plus 10 OA to the Rags for pick number 2, and we get Jack Hughes.

There is no need to give up Boeser in my scenario, which makes mine better. :P

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That not only gets it done, but the Rags would have to add to number two.  Plus, there is no certainty that Jersey is taking Crappo Kakko first.  We don't want that second pick unless it's Jack Hughes.

I see more of a deal like this happening:

Canucks get 8 OA from the Coilers (we have to take Lucic though :sick:)

The Devils take Crappo first.

Then, and only then, the Canucks trade 8 OA plus 10 OA to the Rags for pick number 2, and we get Jack Hughes.

There is no need to give up Boeser in my scenario, which makes mine better. :P

Just saying lol. I do like yours as well. I love Boeser. But say he holds out , a deal like that would make me happy.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Freeridebc said:

Just saying lol. I do like yours as well. I love Boeser. But say he holds out , a deal like that would make me happy.

I'd love to have the Hughes brothers (all three) on our team.  We could be like the Nordiques back when they had Peter, Anton, and Marion Stastney.  

21 minutes ago, Freeridebc said:

Who the hell is this guy?

Anyways, every negotiation players and teams are far apart until their not.  I would assume also that they would be further apart in term rather than $.  

Anyways, as for your proposal, I think both sides declines. 

From a Canucks stand point, no guarantee that Kakko will be better than Boeser and with Benning track record, i'd rather keep Boeser and the 10th.  

From the Rangers side, they say no, because they wouldn't want to be the team that traded Kakko if he becomes a superstar. 

That's why top 3 picks are basically never traded IMO.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'd love to have the Hughes brothers (all three) on our team.  We could be like the Nordiques back when they had Peter, Anton, and Marion Stastney.  

You sure you want to be like the Nordiques? How many rings have Peter, Anton and Marion got again?

I thought you kept telling us the goal was to win the Cup......:frantic:

1 hour ago, Freeridebc said:

The only thing this indicates is that this so-called reporter has virtually nothing substantial to 'tweet' about sadly. 

I'm not worried about BB resigning. 

As far as your proposal - I think that's an over payment from our side.

In a re-draft BB would likely go between 5-10th overall so you're giving the equivalent to #5 overall, #10 overall, #33 overall, and an unknown 1st rounder which could potentially be another top 10 overall. 

Everyone dumping on the reporter now that it's not positive news :lol:

I doubt being far apart right now means much, but if it doesn't get on track I'd be fine with that deal to be honest. It's not great losing that many assets but Kakko looks unreal. 

What's up with throwing our star young guys in trade proposals??? Sometimes I see Horvat and now I am seeing Boeser. Enjoy what we have, stay the course, and add through free agency/draft. No need to trade surefire things ( or damn near close)  for commodities that may or may not pan out.

9 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

What's up with throwing our star young guys in trade proposals??? Sometimes I see Horvat and now I am seeing Boeser. Enjoy what we have, stay the course, and add through free agency/draft. No need to trade surefire things ( or damn near close)  for commodities that may or may not pan out.

If you read the first post you'd understand the scenario?

His agent is clearly talking to generate buzz. 

Explains the Zucker call. 

Probably mentioned how they arent close and that he could have Zucker and Benning had to laugh and hang up to psych him out back.

Id move Boes if this is true. Of course we will never know for sure but assuming I have the insider info.

Try

Boes, 10th overall, 2020 pick no lotto protection.

Draft Hughes.

Then acquire depth picks and draft big boys and D men. Get the farm making some men for the playoffs 

42 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Well, if Brock becomes difficult

to MIN - Boeser and 2nd (2020)

to VAN - #12 (2019) and 1st (2020)

#10 - Cozens

#12 - Seider

Yuck not this draft. Top 3 for Hughes or Byram only 

Bridge deal at his price. 2 years 7mil then deadline deal

3 hours ago, Freeridebc said:

The replies to this “report” basically show people have absolutely no idea how contract negotiations work. They think it was gonna get done the minute our season ended but didn’t so they use that as one of their “reasons” to fire Benning. 

Boeser has no rights and can’t sign an offer sheet. It will get done in time. 

Edited by Pears
added thought