The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Hobbies Thread

Boeserker

Travelling is my main hobby right now. I travel with friends only. I just returned from Caribbean vacation. We booked a cruise to the Caribbean and enjoyed the crystal-clear blue sea and local sailing destinations. I found reviews about walkie-talkies on thebestwalkietalkies.com and ordered a few for our cruise too.

Edited by WilliG

23 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

That's fun too! I have a belly boat as well but just don't use it a lot.

I've done very little fly fishing in the last handful of years after moving away from the Kamloops/Shuswap region, but man, oh, man, I miss fishing small Kamloops lakes for monster rainbows! 

• Thanks 1

Another visit to McGregor Lake, Alberta, and another huge haul of Walleye.

During this trip we caught and safely released 23 Walleye and 2 Northern Pike in just 7 hours.

PLEASE LIKE, COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE to my channel.

Edited by 420since1974
  • Cheers 1

Image may contain: food

I have a passion for cooking and love hosting preparing meals for family and friends. Second to that would be capturing photos on outings and adventures with the family.

Image may contain: outdoor, nature and water

But for a hobby, I am working on building an N scale model railroad shelf layout in the spare bedroom. The rest of the time is work, family, and CDC!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve seen pike in the Mackenzie that were almost as long as my boat and there were several like that where Great Slave lake ends. My wife has caught bigger fish than almost anybody, sturgeon excluded, which was a selling point back in our dating era. I’ve been afraid they’d tip my canoe on the Horn River up there. &^@#ing scary. I’m talking 6’ and bigger. I can’t swim up there anymore after seeing that. You want to catch fish or impress Youtube, go there and film it. 

Guitar, yard work, muscle cars, motorbikes, PWC exploring, rock hounding, fishing, fishing, fishing, hockey, collecting arrow heads, fires...

I want to do 3D epoxy floors in my house somewhere and I’d like to learn more about what our land was like prior to the last ice age. 

Mainly, since I quit drinking, my hobbies are being entertained by my kids and my yard, though I still get out into the hills to do boy stuff. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I’ve seen pike in the Mackenzie that were almost as long as my boat and there were several like that where Great Slave lake ends. My wife has caught bigger fish than almost anybody, sturgeon excluded, which was a selling point back in our dating era. I’ve been afraid they’d tip my canoe on the Horn River up there. &^@#ing scary. I’m taking 6’ and bigger. I can’t swim up there anymore after seeing that. You want to catch fish or impress Youtube, go there and film it. 

Guitar, yard work, muscle cars, motorbikes, PWC exploring, rock hounding, fishing, fishing, fishing, hockey, collecting arrow heads, fires...

Mainly, since I quit drinking, my hobbies are being entertained by my kids and my yard, though I still get out into the hills to do boy stuff. 

Current Hobbies for me.   Sadly so much time just working and managing the home limit my hobbies.....

Current hobbies...

Drinking

Cooking 

Exercising 

Reading

Playing ice hockey 

Would like to get back into fishing... used to fish quite a bit on fraser valley rivers.

• Upvote 1

Golf's become one of my favourite hobbies. Last few years I've shelved the clubs come start of hockey season, but this year I'm still trying to get out when I can. I've improved from last year but still want to get better.

Guitar is another one, though I'm on & off with it. Picked it up again and have been playing alot recently.

Started playing ice hockey again this year too. Took a break the last 2 seasons after playing like 15 straight yrs. 

I also like going offroading/exploring, but I do it less now. Don't have the extra money to spend on the truck anymore, Lol. Love driving it in the snow though. :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...