The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Oskar Sundqvist suspended 1 game

Rate this topic

Weak. Hope Matt is okay obviously but suspension worthy? No way.

Marchand gets away with punching Harrington in the back of the head while he's in a vulnerable position but this gets a game? Come on...

• Upvote 4

Surprised Edler didn't come out of this with a 1-game suspension too somehow.

But this should not be a suspension. Not with the ***t boston's gotten away with clean this playoffs. But typical NHL double standard.

Hope the Blues win.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

justice served. maybe the blues will stop playing so dirty and worrying about taking out guys and more focusing on hockey. they could be up 2-0 as a result

That's how they beat the Sharks.  Bruins getting outdone at their own game and I love seeing them getting drilled.  They don't know how to handle a team that's dirtier than them.  Hopefully Marchand's next.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, brownky said:

Surprised Edler didn't come out of this with a 1-game suspension too somehow.

But this should not be a suspension. Not with the ***t boston's gotten away with clean this playoffs. But typical NHL double standard.

Hope the Blues win.

I don’t get this suspension.  The Bruins player is a Smurf, who tried to avoid the contact by turning away.  He dropped his head into the Blues players shoulder.  This was completely the Bruins own self doing.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don’t get this suspension.  The Bruins player is a Smurf, who tried to avoid the contact by turning away.  He dropped his head into the Blues players shoulder.  This was completely the Bruins own self doing.  

Watch the replay again, he didn't “turn away” his back was facing Sundqvist the WHOLE time...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Watch the replay again, he didn't “turn away” his back was facing Sundqvist the WHOLE time...

He turned to avoid the contact.  If he keeps moving forward he takes the hit and is not concussed.  Little D men too often try to avoid taking hits, and sometimes they get hurt as a consequence.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

He turned to avoid the contact.  If he keeps moving forward he takes the hit and is not concussed.  Little D men too often try to avoid taking hits, and sometimes they get hurt as a consequence.  

He turned firing the puck around the boards, the numbers were facing Sunqvist the whole time. 

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He turned firing the puck around the boards, the numbers were facing Sunqvist the whole time. 

The NHL tape even says that the Bruin adjusted his body.  Guy should have taken the hit, and he would have been fine.  That’s a good hard forecheck.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

The NHL tape even says that the Bruin adjusted his body.  Guy should have taken the hit, and he would have been fine.  That’s a good hard forecheck.  

I think it was a dangerous hit because the numbers were facing Sundquist. However, I don't think it would have been suspendable if the Bruin hadn't faked his injury. It wasn't predatory, it was a fast play, bad judgement, not aimed at the head, just unfortunate positioning. It was the 'sell' after that caused the suspension imho

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Boston goes crying to the league, they can dish it out but can't take it.

every team goes crying to the league when their player gets taken out by a dirty hit. it's not limited to the bruins :3

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Guy should have taken the hit, and he would have been fine.  That’s a good hard forecheck.  

great rep fishing aflie. what else do you have. get your best cheapest brand of scotch for that courage, i'll wait

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1