The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Kapanen in TO available

45 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

I don't want to either, but if we trade an asset that isn't playing here for one that will. That has to be a good deal right?

Yes and no... If Tryamkin decides he wants to play in the NHL again for whatever team then the Canucks are out on a good top-4 d-man. But, if he 100% doesn't want to play in Vancouver then why not. 

2 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Offer sheet for Kapanen  at 4 Million , so we pay a 2nd.

Or call up Dubas direct and offer a 2nd round pick and a Dman/ 3 rd pick to sweeten the deal for em

Tanev with cap retention and one of those picks should be more than fair imo. They get a top 4 RH DFD (if he stays healthy), and we get a really good winger for Bo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

We should be all after Kapanen. 2020 2nd round pick plus something else? Or does JB dare to move OJ for him if he plans on taking Heinola/Broberg or another D at #10 overall?

OJ would be an over payment imo seeing as how the Leafs probably have no choice but to trade Kapanen.

Edit: plus we can't afford to give up one of our only legit D prospects right now.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 4

I think Tanev with salary retention makes the most sense. We get a winger for Bo, and they get a solid RHD. They need more defensive players, and when healthy, Tanev is one of the best in the league. We need to get younger, and trading for Kapanen while holding onto Stecher and Juolevi does that. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I drifted over to the Leef's HF board and noticed a lot of derogatory comments about his hockey IQ

probably not a good idea to go there for reasonable 'information'

Kapanen does not lack hockey intelligence - those fans are projecting.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Why in the heck do we want Crapenen?  The guy is no better than Baer or Goldy.  The only Leaf available now, that’s worth taking is Flamingo.  

Kapanen>>>>>>Nylander and it's not even close imo. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Leafs are in serious Cap trouble, let them suffer and let them lose top end talent for nothing. We are in the position of strength right now lets keep it that way. If they want to make deals in pennies on the dollar then fine, if not, beat it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Kapanen>>>>>>Nylander and it's not even close imo. 

Kapanen is a third line guy.  He’s another Janik Hansen.  That’s an okay player, but not a core piece.  We have enough okay players.  

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

6 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I took the below statement from a Toronto Maple Leafs poster:

his was from Bob McKenzie on Insider Trading.

Said the Leafs have been the busiest team right now and the three players they are getting the most calls on are Kadri, Kapanen and Brown

If true, the Canucks should take a look at Kapanen. Very fast and has some skill to play on Horvat's RW. RFA so no idea what it would take. He is 6'1" 190, 22 years old, and had 44 points last year. The games I saw him in really showed his speed and he did not seem afraid to go into some dirty areas. Perfect age to work with our core.

Your thoughts? 

100% I live in Toronto and love this kid. I’ve said all along the Nucks should offer sheet him because of the cap trouble Toronto is in. 

Toronto is clearly trying you get out in front of offer sheets by making moves prior to teams being able.

kapanen scores goals from tough areas, has good hands, and incredible speed. He’s a hard driving 2 way player and is the guy who should be getting real money not nylander. He’d be amazing on Petey or Bo’s wing, and his speed and skill are huge value on the PK and in OT.

Take Zaitsev, Kapanen for Tanev our second next year plus a player like Goldy.

for those who think they say no way, think about what the leafs need. Cap space and an affordable good RD 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nergish said:

I'm not one of those Vancouverites that inexplicably hates all things Toronto Maple Leafs, so I tuned into a handful of games last season to see Johny Tavares, Mitchy Marner, Austy Matthews in action.

I came away from every single game finding Kapanen the most interesting, if not most impressive player on the ice. I love this kid.

I think he would be a huge addition up front.

One of my top-10 favourite players in the league. He has exceptional acceleration just like his dad, and reminds me Maxim Afinogenov in his prime. I'll be over the moon if we add him.

I'll be buying his jersey for sure if he becomes a Canuck. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Why in the heck do we want Crapenen?  The guy is no better than Baer or Goldy.  The only Leaf available now, that’s worth taking is Flamingo.  

He’s a lot better than both Alf. I live in TO - he’s a gutsy hard nosed player who forechecks, plays hard both ways and has incredible speed. He’s a Hansen with hands with the speed of Grabner. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I’d genuinely prefer Kapanen to Flamingo

• Upvote 1