The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Jonathan Dahlen could be going back to Timra next season.

Translation:

Timrå can get a proper dream boost to the coming season.

According to Sportbladet's data, Jonathan Dahlén, 21, is considering returning to Swedish ice hockey and then Timrå is the hottest option.

Jonathan's agent denies the data.

8 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Benning ahead of the curve, as per usual.

The minute the Canucks "re-structure"/demote him to a scouting position, the better for all parties.  Elite talent evaluator.

Just now, Alain Vigneault said:

He traded the Alexandre Mallet equivalent in his prospect pool.  So, in a vacuum, yes.

Mallet was not even ranked at the spot he was picked, soo..... not even close. Mallet was a terrible, terrible pick. I saw that a mile away and I don't even pretend to be knowledgeable about scouting.

14 minutes ago, Monty said:

Click bait. First thought was Rasmus Dahlen. :lol: 

I suggest you put the first name in there, as well.

Different spelling though.  

Dahlen looks like a bustaroo.  JB got that other guy at least in exchange for Dahlen.  

Just now, nzan said:

What do you mean? Tryamkin hasn’t hurt his development has he?!

Tryamkin and Dahlen's comparisons are not even close.

Dahlen has been traded TWO times already in his short career. Red flag for sure. Tryamkin is still the Canucks' draft pick that is playing in Russia due to "family reasons" (whatever those reasons may be - allegedly, they were about his wife not being happy in Canada).

Here's the thing. Dahlen didn't even wait out the rest of the year before allegedly demanding a trade (which of course he denies - Benning said it was Dahlen requesting it, possibly to strong-arm himself). Obviously he wasn't happy with how he was treated in Utica, which may or may not be true. If he was unhappy with his situation, he could've waited out the rest of the season, worked HARD in the summer and force his way on the NHL team next year. That didn't happen.

Furthermore, contradictory information between Dahlen/Dahlen's agent and Benning who has a reputation thus far for being honest and forthcoming shows there is more to the story than what Dahlen is presenting.

In short, Dahlen is either poorly informed by his agent J.P Barry (very very unlikely, as he is extremely experienced) or that Dahlen is a problem character that needs some growing up. Based on the information available freely in public, I would say he has significant character issues. He literally gave up an opportunity to play alongside Pettersson next year (if he forced his way on the team), just so he could try to squeeze into an NHL lineup this year. If that's not immaturity to you, I don't know what is.

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Tryamkin and Dahlen's comparisons are not even close.

Dahlen has been traded TWO times already in his short career. Red flag for sure. Tryamkin is still the Canucks' draft pick that is playing in Russia due to "family reasons" (whatever those reasons may be - allegedly, they were about his wife not being happy in Canada).

Here's the thing. Dahlen didn't even wait out the rest of the year before allegedly demanding a trade (which of course he denies - Benning said it was Dahlen requesting it, possibly to strong-arm himself). Obviously he wasn't happy with how he was treated in Utica, which may or may not be true. If he was unhappy with his situation, he could've waited out the rest of the season, worked HARD in the summer and force his way on the NHL team next year. That didn't happen.

Furthermore, contradictory information between Dahlen/Dahlen's agent and Benning who has a reputation thus far for being honest and forthcoming shows there is more to the story than what Dahlen is presenting.

In short, Dahlen is either poorly informed by his agent J.P Barry (very very unlikely, as he is extremely experienced) or that Dahlen is a problem character that needs some growing up. Based on the information available freely in public, I would say he has significant character issues. He literally gave up an opportunity to play alongside Pettersson next year (if he forced his way on the team), just so he could try to squeeze into an NHL lineup this year. If that's not immaturity to you, I don't know what is.

I don’t know how to use sarcasm emojis so I just left my comment naked. 

I figured the obvious similarities in apparent character issues/immaturity/entitlement would do the trick.

Archived