The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks all in for Jason Zucker

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If the Canucks were all in he would have been traded for Boeser. So I call BS. TSN struggles to be relevant. 

Is it called trolling when TSN says (writes) this kind of craparolla?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

ah OK. So does that mean some sort of deal built around Virtanen then? I realize he's not enough on his own and there would have to be a serious addition, just not sure what. 

No idea if they would even be interested in Virtanen.  Leopold demands the playoffs so it really depends if Fenton thinks Virtanen can help them get in.  

Or they see it as a way to free cap space - Virtanen is 1.25M vs 5.5M for Zucker.  It would allow them to pursue free agents.  They would like to add Anders Lee.  He is from Edina where several Wild players live and where they play the Beauty League together in the summer.

Fenton is full of contradictions. They want goal scoring but they have no playmaking Cs.   Their only playmaker was Granlund.  Fenton talks of younger/faster - Zucker is one of the fastest guys on the team and he's on the way out. 

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 2

Good God I hope this isn't true. Me thinks a healthy Baertschi is capable of putting up similar numbers as Zucker without costing the club a small fortune. Similar size too. If true, this reeks of desperate measures by our GM trying to prolonge his tenure in Vancouver. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, mll said:

No idea if they would even be interested in Virtanen.  Leopold demands the playoffs so it really depends if Fenton thinks Virtanen can help them get in.  

Or they see it as a way to free cap space - Virtanen is 1.25M vs 5.5M for Zucker.  It would allow them to pursue free agents.  They would like to add Anders Lee.  He is from Edina where several Wild players live and where they play the Beauty League together in the summer.

Fenton is full of contradictions. They want goal scoring but they have no playmaking Cs.   Their only playmaker was Granlund.  Fenton talks of younger/faster - Zucker is one of the fastest guys on the team and he's on the way out. 

well... maybe cap clearing and getting "young and fast" Jake is something he'd in be in on. Not that I'm keen to move on from Jake. 

15 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Take a look at the rumours.

Zaitsev, Zucker, Gardiner, Myers...do any of these players excite you?  Do any of these players fit what a rebuilding team should be looking at doing?

Jim. Benning. Is. Desperate. To. Save. His. Job.

You and all the other people need to accept reality.

Actually, Zucker and Myers are both intriguing and would help out team pretty significantly. What matters is the price.

32 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Why is Minny so anxious to get rid of Zucker ?

Because he is a goal scorer and only has 1 goal (3pts) in his last 16 playoffs games spread over 3 seasons - all 1st round exits from 2016 to 2018.  The Wild are not satisfied by just making the playoffs and wants players that can also perform in the post-season and not just in the regular season.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Actually, Zucker and Myers are both intriguing and would help out team pretty significantly. What matters is the price.

Zucker is marginally better than Pearson and co.  If he was any good, Minnesota wouldn't be looking to get rid of him and wouldn't have accepted Frolik + 1st for him at the TD like they did.

There's a reason Fenton asked for Boeser.  He's trying hard to rinse Benning.  And I don't see why not since Benning has been responsible for the last 5 seasons, 4 of which playoffs were not made.

As for Myers, I don't mind him but he doesn't really make us better.  He keeps us adequate for when Tanev misses another 40 games this year.

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lancaster said:

If the Boeser rumours are true.... Zucker, Dumba, and Eriksson EK for Boeser, OJ and Eriksson (50% retention)?

Although having two Erikssons on the same team would be comedic.  

Dumba is as untouchable as it gets.   They think they missed the playoffs because he was injured.  Leopold and Fenton couldn't stop talking about Dumba and how much they missed him at their end of season recap.

6 minutes ago, mll said:

Because he is a goal scorer and only has 1 goal (3pts) in his last 16 playoffs games spread over 3 seasons - all 1st round exits from 2016 to 2018.  The Wild are not satisfied by just making the playoffs and wants players that can also perform in the post-season and not just in the regular season.  

Next question.  Why do we want Zucker ?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

If the Boeser rumours are true.... Zucker, Dumba, and Eriksson EK for Boeser, OJ and Eriksson (50% retention)?

Although having two Erikssons on the same team would be comedic.  

You wouldn't even get Dumba for Boeser straight up. Dumba is evolving into a #1 D which are as valuable as it gets in today's trade market. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Fenton to bend Benning over because he knows Jim is desperate to make playoffs to save his job?  I think yes.

Wouldn't be surprised if we threw in #10 to land him.

Have you seen Fenton's trades. :lol:

His trading is nearing Mike Gillis' drafting and he only started last year. 

2 minutes ago, Pickly said:

You wouldn't even get Dumba for Boeser straight up. Dumba is evolving into a #1 D which are as valuable as it gets in today's trade market. 

Dumba?  :lol:

His name is just too funny.  Don't want us any Dumba; the name sounds too much like a flying elephant with super sized ears!!!!  

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Fenton to bend Benning over because he knows Jim is desperate to make playoffs to save his job?  I think yes.

Wouldn't be surprised if we threw in #10 to land him.

Because trading away Mikael Granlund for Fiala totally indicates such a GM.... :wacko:

From what I've seen of Fenton so far, he's more likely to trade away Zucker for a bag of pucks. lol

Edited by The Lock

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I fed the troll.

I shouldn't have fed the troll.

Don't be like me.

Don't feed the troll.

Naw. I just think he's on drugs or something. They seem like pretty good drugs too.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Next question.  Why do we want Zucker ?

27 years old, proven top six scorer, can play either wing etc.. Pearson - Horvat - Zucker would be a perfect second line. 

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Because trading away Mikael Granlund for Fiala totally indicates such a GM.... :wacko:

From what I've seen of Fenton so far, he's more likely to trade away Zucker for a bag of pucks. lol

David Poile believes that Fiala could end up being better than Granlund - he is convinced that Fiala will become a 30 goal scorer.  Granlund simply was a better fit for their window.