The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks all in for Jason Zucker

I like the idea of adding a winger for the Horvat - Pearson combo and I like that Zucker plays with speed and seems to be a tenacious player and could be a good fit. That said, I don't like the assets suggested to give up to make this trade happen.  

This off season, I am very concerned about what Benning and management may be willing to give up in a trade and what they may pay for marginal free agents.

I'd rather they bring back last years team then screw up the future with a dumb move.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Comeback_Kings said:

I like the idea of adding a winger for the Horvat - Pearson combo and I like that Zucker plays with speed and seems to be a tenacious player and could be a good fit. That said, I don't like the assets suggested to give up to make this trade happen.  

This off season, I am very concerned about what Benning and management may be willing to give up in a trade and what they may pay for marginal free agents.

I'd rather they bring back last years team then screw up the future with a dumb move.

I think the Wild are seeing stars in their eyes after almost getting Kessel for Zucker.  that would have been a home run for them, and they aren't likely to get nearly that much in another trade.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

When you put it that way I have high expectations for Baertschi.  Zucker for scraps or move on.  I would pay a 2nd + Hutton tops and even then I would debate it significantly.  If we are packaging DiPietro + Hutton plus a first next year then give me Trouba, Ristolainen etc.  Get something we need as a pillar rather than a middling winger.  This thread is driving me crazy and scaring me all at the same time.  

I concur with you Kobayashi ..    you said it perfectly !!!

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

I'd do Hutton + Gaudette, but that 2nd is too high to also include.

I wouldn't even do Gaudette, too early to give up on him. 

I would give them this special lol 

Hutton + Brisebois + Lind + Gadjovich

:emot-parrot:

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, 70seven said:

I like Zucker a lot.  Good speed. Tenacious. Can put up 60ish points. I’d guess something along the lines of Virtanen + Juolevi...  but idk if I’d do that. 

I really hope we don’t do something like this. I still have hope Juolevi will be a top 4 Dman and Jake will probably hit 20 goals consistently, eventually.

Get Edler back, Sign Myers and Connolly, bring back Tryampkin and draft Zegras. 

Edited by messier's_elbow
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Fenton Benning to bend Benning Fenton over because he knows Jim Fenton is desperate to make playoffs to save his job appease his d!ckhead owner?  I think yes.

Wouldn't be surprised if we threw in #10 a statue of Mason Raymond, slipped Kieth Ballard in a hockey bag & mailed it over, to land him.

Im taking you Toronto folks don't like Benning?

Benning can be accuse of miscues. Believing he can resuscitate some life into stalling prospects. Gudbrandson, Vey, Clendenning. But also some victories doing so, Baertschi, Granlund. Never got torched for a home run, cuz he did not give up much. Never hit on either. When has he ever sold the farm because he was desperate?   

Fenton on the other hand is playing poker with value.  

2 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Virtanen + Juolevi + 10 for Zucker.  Book it.

This won't end like y'all think it will end.

Or rather, believe if you troll hard enough, someone will believe it?

:bored:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

“If we could add somebody to play with Pettersson and Boeser or somebody to play with Pearson and Horvat — depending on what it takes — we’ll look at it.”

- JB from his interview earlier today

I don’t like that he specifically included Pearson in there but left out Baertschi. Yes Baertschi has been injured but it’s a concussion. He’s worked so well with Bo when healthy and together so I don’t get it. If I’m piecing this together, it might be Baertschi+ for Zucker but what’s the point? It’s a wash at best and the fact we end up losing more assets on top, as well as a known commodity in Sven on our team. 

Idk, this all just seems very unnecessary especially with how high the price seems to be for no real reason.

• Upvote 2

I like Benning.  He's a great talent evaluator.

But there's no way, given his own trading pedigree and given circumstances surrounding his team, that he's coming out of any Zucker trade looking good.

Trust me on this people :) 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Zucker has 4 goals & 4 assists in 34 career play off games.

21 goals and only 5 assists as a rookie.

This is not a guy who drives the bus.

Buyer beware, ok 2knd line results, when handed a good situation.  Otherwise?

BAM

24 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

“If we could add somebody to play with Pettersson and Boeser or somebody to play with Pearson and Horvat — depending on what it takes — we’ll look at it.”

- JB from his interview earlier today

I don’t like that he specifically included Pearson in there but left out Baertschi. Yes Baertschi has been injured but it’s a concussion. He’s worked so well with Bo when healthy and together so I don’t get it. If I’m piecing this together, it might be Baertschi+ for Zucker but what’s the point? It’s a wash at best and the fact we end up losing more assets on top, as well as a known commodity in Sven on our team. 

Idk, this all just seems very unnecessary especially with how high the price seems to be for no real reason.

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Baer + Goldobin or they can pound sand.

I'd do this ^^^ We get the best player and clear some redundant bodies, they get a roughly equivalent player (albeit with concussion issues) on a cheaper contract and a lotto ticket in Goldobin.

• Upvote 2

Zucker is a speedy goal-scorer with very high character that plays for a crappy Minnesota team. I mean, look how well guys like Niederreiter and Coyle are playing for their new clubs.

Of course it would all depend on what we're sending the other way, but other than that I don't see what the big problem is for those who dislike Zucker. Flame away, but I don't think his contract is that bad and we can certainly afford it.

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Zucker has 4 goals & 4 assists in 34 career play off games.

21 goals and only 5 assists as a rookie.

This is not a guy who drives the bus.

Buyer beware, ok 2knd line results, when handed a good situation.  Otherwise?

And people complaining over Nylander not being a playoff performer but want Zucker for all of our assets?  At least Nylander has a change of continually improving and still has a 1st line ceiling.  Has JB ever done something that was highly rumoured?  Not that I can recall.  These are all smokescreens for something different,.

2 hours ago, Ohthehumanity said:

I am ok with that.

I’m not - cuz I’m old enough to have a memory. In his third year with the Canucks, we had a young player who had 14 goals and 20 assists.  Jake just had 15 goals in his third year as a power forward - a lower mainland guy just like The guy we gave up. We traded him and a first round pick (turned out to be 3rd overall) for the second highest scoring centre on an original six team - he had nearly a point a game for his original team and turned into the second highest scorer on the Canucks with exactly the same number of points as he’d had the previous year with the original six team. In spite of that, it was the worst trade the Canucks ever made. The guy we got was Barry Pederson, the guy we gave up on was Cam Neely - for many years the best power forward in the game - the part that helps makes it worse is that the first round pick turned into Glen Wesley, a defenceman who had a 21 year NHL career, he also had 19 goals and 47 points in his second year as a Boston defender - and that was not the best season in his long career.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Zucker is a speedy goal-scorer with very high character that plays for a crappy Minnesota team. I mean, look how well guys like Niederreiter and Coyle are playing for their new clubs.

Of course it would all depend on what we're senfing the other way, but other than that I don't see what the big problem is.

Flame away, but I don't think his contract is that bad and we can certainly afford it.

Contract and player are fine, but I think we are all balking at the costs that are reported.  I would take him on waivers all the way up to a 2nd round pick, but not much above.

• Upvote 1