The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CBD Oils

Trancer

Ive been thinking of getting CBD Oils. I searched google for pot shops in Surrey but I couldn't find any. Does anyone know any pot shops in Vancouver that have licenses and sell them. I want to try oils for my back pain and arm pain. From what I've read and heard they work very well for pain. Please help if you can . Thanks

51 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

https://www.bccannabisstores.com/ 

I have heard they do work well for pain as well, my grandma has been using for relief, you can try to get a prescription as well to obtain medicinal CBD oils rather than recreational

They are the exact same thing.  If you have a drug plan you can sometimes get them covered with a prescription though.

I have seen mixed results in my patients.  

The popularity of CBD oils has been pretty striking and they have been hard to obtain from many of the medical providers as there have been shortages.

Any pot shop should be able to sell them.

2 hours ago, Trancer said:

Ive been thinking of getting CBD Oils. I searched google for pot shops in Surrey but I couldn't find any. Does anyone know any pot shops in Vancouver that have licenses and sell them. I want to try oils for my back pain and arm pain. From what I've read and heard they work very well for pain. Please help if you can . Thanks

Surrey doesn't have pot shops. They're very progressive that way. Kinda like refusing to fly the Pride flag recently. 

Try Canna Clinic on 4th at Burrard next time you are dt, they have all sorts.  However they may not be operating with a proper license.  I got some powdered form there for wifey. You may have  to take a trip DT Van, there's tons. I know the Donnelly group got a few legit shops going under the unfortunate name 'Hobo'

Anyway, type in 'Vancouver Dispensaries' in  the old Google and you're set.

BTW, CBD really works.

I take CBD for anxiety. It's in tandem with low dose xanax though, so I can't say that it definitely helps, but it has a wide spectrum of uses and benefits. If you can afford it and wish to improve your overall health in life, I'd say go for it. 

2 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

They are the exact same thing.  If you have a drug plan you can sometimes get them covered with a prescription though.

I have seen mixed results in my patients.  

The popularity of CBD oils has been pretty striking and they have been hard to obtain from many of the medical providers as there have been shortages.

Any pot shop should be able to sell them.

any sense of how well this works for joint pain? I can't tolerate ibuprofen and i'm looking for something particularly after exercise 

4 hours ago, Trancer said:

Potmonkey.com

All Canadian Kootenay products

16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

any sense of how well this works for joint pain? I can't tolerate ibuprofen and i'm looking for something particularly after exercise 

Jimmy, I had a total knee replacement 3 years ago. Titanium and Cobalt,   I was back to work in 3 months.

a product called “Buddha butter”.    Different strengths of cbd: thc...  a salve, cream.   Helped me get off the tramadol.

try potmonkey.com if they are still operating.    Regulations have some companies shutting down to register right now.

... and don’t be afraid to try a bit of smoke or vape.. it gets into your system nicely for comfort, especially in the evening when you need to get your sleep.

5 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Surrey doesn't have pot shops. They're very progressive that way. Kinda like refusing to fly the Pride flag recently. 

Try Canna Clinic on 4th at Burrard next time you are dt, they have all sorts.  However they may not be operating with a proper license.  I got some powdered form there for wifey. You may have  to take a trip DT Van, there's tons. I know the Donnelly group got a few legit shops going under the unfortunate name 'Hobo'

Anyway, type in 'Vancouver Dispensaries' in  the old Google and you're set.

BTW, CBD really works.

Thanks for the replies. But I went on the Canna Clinic website and it says they are closed for renos. And when I clicked on Menu nothing showed up. Are they still closed?

I will try searching like u said thanks

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

After exercise? Have you tried upping your H20 and taking glucosamine?

took a few different types of CBD - each bottle more expensive than the last - over a few months some time ago. my friend in the industry who was selling them to me noted there is an assumed increase in quality in various products - naturally, with that increase in quality, the price went up up up. but she also emphasized there is no regulatory body checking for efficacy or quality control or dosing or anything like that. everything was second hand information, usually trickling down from those who benefit from the product being bought

for all i know, i was using a bottle of olive oil.

i remember one day when i was feeling particularly anxious, i felt better soon after taking. but as an aside, i was also suddenly heavily distracted.

another day, i had a terrible headache and took some as a last resort. headache did go away soon after. as a migraine sufferer, i tried this a few times with no matching result. 

so, for me, CBD is a bit of a dud until there's some sort of regulation to ensure a consistent product and some sort of legit scientific backing to show its efficiency at dealing with X, Y, Z issue. as it stands, the only thing CBD consistently did for me is drain my bank account. then again, maybe i just resist it somehow. knowing how its being sold by those in the industry makes the cynical side of me view it as trendy snake oil, but i hope it does prove to have some value (INDEPENDENT OF PHARMACEUTICALS) because i'd love to never buy advil etc ever again.

9 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Hit and miss.  Like a lot of herbals/traditional practices it is worth trying and giving a shot but if it isn't helping after a decent trial run it isn't going to start.

I am very skeptical of the medicinal side of marijuana.  Yes it makes some people feel good, that is why it is a recreational drug.  I approach it more as a recreational drug that may have some truly medicinal benefit for a select group.  

That being said I will take a patient on pot over percocet any day.  

3 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Hit and miss.  Like a lot of herbals/traditional practices it is worth trying and giving a shot but if it isn't helping after a decent trial run it isn't going to start.

I am very skeptical of the medicinal side of marijuana.  Yes it makes some people feel good, that is why it is a recreational drug.  I approach it more as a recreational drug that may have some truly medicinal benefit for a select group.  

thats what I thought, thanks. There's too much "CBD does everything" misinformation out there so i'll have to wait for the study and see if there's a benefit and what the interactions with other drugs might be. 

7 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

After exercise? Have you tried upping your H20 and taking glucosamine?

Not just then but after I'm quite sore. My dad had arthritis early so thats what we're thinking here too. 

10 hours ago, Trancer said:

Canna Clinic website and it says they are closed for renos.

I think they closed all the location except for 4th. I drive by and that shop still seems open daily. Try giving them a call.

14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Buddha butter”.    Different strengths of cbd: thc...  a salve, cream

My wife's Buddha Butter is thc cannabinoid, she says it works well for her arthritis in her thumbs.

14 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

The athletes  that are in the most pain after their activities really support it.  

The USADA is very strict these days regarding what fighters can take, they've allowed CBD to be used after some time. Now the UFC just got into bed with Aurora on the business/development side.

https://www.ufc.com/news/aurora-cannabis-and-ufc-join-forces-advance-cbd-research-education-and-product-development

This guy got the ball rolling, he risked his career ( a very  lucrative career) when he vaped it, on stage, at a post fight press conference in 2016. it was illegal at the time, but he knew it worked for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u3rf92rAgw

Some people with a stigma regarding the 'weed' plant should remember CBD does not get you high.

Besides my wife getting some pain relief from it, better than anything she has found before, my brother saw amazing results reducing pain for his dying dog. Poor Mali got cancer and was in a bunch of pain, he wouldn't eat or really move. Before my bro decided to take his lovely massive Rottie friend for their final visit to the vet, he started giving him CBD oil on the advice of a friend. After the first day , the dog started eating again and even grabbed his fav toy to at least snuggle with in his bed. He was mobile and lasted a few more months displaying far less issues. After the first week, my bro ran out of the oil and within a couple days Mali started to fade...rebounded once he got some more supply.

Give it a shot, it might work for you.

35 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I think they closed all the location except for 4th. I drive by and that shop still seems open daily. Try giving them a call.

My wife's Buddha Butter is thc cannabinoid, she says it works well for her arthritis in her thumbs.

The athletes  that are in the most pain after their activities really support it.  

The USADA is very strict these days regarding what fighters can take, they've allowed CBD to be used after some time. Now the UFC just got into bed with Aurora on the business/development side.

https://www.ufc.com/news/aurora-cannabis-and-ufc-join-forces-advance-cbd-research-education-and-product-development

This guy got the ball rolling, he risked his career ( a very  lucrative career) when he vaped it, on stage, at a post fight press conference in 2016. it was illegal at the time, but he knew it worked for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u3rf92rAgw

Some people with a stigma regarding the 'weed' plant should remember CBD does not get you high.

Besides my wife getting some pain relief from it, better than anything she has found before, my brother saw amazing results reducing pain for his dying dog. Poor Mali got cancer and was in a bunch of pain, he wouldn't eat or really move. Before my bro decided to take his lovely massive Rottie friend for their final visit to the vet, he started giving him CBD oil on the advice of a friend. After the first day , the dog started eating again and even grabbed his fav toy to at least snuggle with in his bed. He was mobile and lasted a few more months displaying far less issues. After the first week, my bro ran out of the oil and within a couple days Mali started to fade...rebounded once he got some more supply.

Give it a shot, it might work for you.

thx 

5 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Which is more damaging to us, the opioid group currently used for pain relief, or pot - assuming neither is inhaled?

18 hours ago, Western Red said:

I take CBD for anxiety. It's in tandem with low dose xanax though, so I can't say that it definitely helps, but it has a wide spectrum of uses and benefits. If you can afford it and wish to improve your overall health in life, I'd say go for it. 

For what it's worth - go talk to a professional about that as much as that is going to suck at first. Go outside and absorb the sun, the greenery, exercise, focus on deep breathing skills using just your core, I've been using an infrared sauna lately that works great for this sort of thing. Simple things but when used regularly, daily, they work. I do these things and feel like a million dollars compared to three months ago. It shouldn't be necessary to take any CBD or xanax or any other drug because the cause of anxiety is natural and so is the solution. 

Archived