The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Ivan Barbashev suspended 1 game

Maybe suspension worthy if you don't take into account intent. Looked to me like he made the effort to get him in the chest, and just missed up high. I probably wouldn't give him a playoff game for that, considering lack of history as well.

1 minute ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

two suspensions for hits to the head. what a dirty team. idk how ANYONE can root for them over the brawny boston bruins. GO BRUINS

While I agree with the suspensions. My answer to your question would probably be: The same way everyone was cheering for the Bruins when they were doing it to the nucks. Just how it goes....

Should be 4 SCF games. The puck was gone already, the shoulder made direct contact with the head.

Kind of like Rome hit. If Rome hit was 4 games, this is 4 games. If this is 1 game, Rome hit should have been 1 game. Which is it NHL? 

49 minutes ago, brownky said:

It's a makeup call for the trip. He had to get 'something', considering no penalty AND the GWG on the play.

Sucks for him if the Blues win it at home though.

Accari jumped off his RIGHT SKATE and threw himself back. Accari should be fined for that dive. There was a trip but he gave some sure as shtt EMBELLY right there.

14 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Accari jumped off his RIGHT SKATE and threw himself back. Accari should be fined for that dive. There was a trip but he gave some sure as shtt EMBELLY right there.

Neat, I didn't see that angle.

They both should have gone. Accari was going over either way, and in ALL cases, the trip was there. The call for the flop should have been made as well, in that case.

Regardless, the Bruins lost, so I'm happy with the outcome.

22 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

People that say this is a makeup call are outright stupid.

...this is exactly the type of hit the league has been trying to take out for years now. I’m honestly surprised it’s only 1 game. Not consistent at all.

Get your logic out of here. This is CDC. This type of behaviour doesn't belong here and will not be tolerated. 

conspiracy conspiracy conspiracy 

I'm listening to Bruins radio and Boston fans and radio hosts are not complaining about the refs.. surprisingly refreshing

No victim card.

2 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Jacobs makes a call. Jobs are threatened. Suspension is dolled out.

Just another day in the NHL.

League can be such a joke.  Marchand is trying to injure Bennington by tripping him well after the whistle, and there is no penalty or suspension.  Now a Blue’s player makes a hit during play (yes it’s deserving a suspension) and he’s gone for a game.  Bruins are clearly favoured by Betmann. 

25 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Get your logic out of here. This is CDC. This type of behaviour doesn't belong here and will not be tolerated. 

conspiracy conspiracy conspiracy 

I'm listening to Bruins radio and Boston fans and radio hosts are not complaining about the refs.. surprisingly refreshing

No victim card.

The US market radio stations DO NOT talk hockey.  That’s why there is no whining.  Hockey is not even a topic down there. 

1 hour ago, brownky said:

Neat, I didn't see that angle.

They both should have gone. Accari was going over either way, and in ALL cases, the trip was there. The call for the flop should have been made as well, in that case.

Regardless, the Bruins lost, so I'm happy with the outcome.

Reffs were right not to blow the play dead especially when it was such obvious soccer style bycycle kick by Acciari in his d zone.  It would have taken away a scoring chance. 

Reffs can call 20 or 30 penalties a game if they called everything. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The US market radio stations DO NOT talk hockey.  That’s why there is no whining.  Hockey is not even a topic down there. 

Really? Tell us Alf which US sports radio stations do you listen to. I listened to WBZ yesterday before the game and today. 

Maybe I always listen to secret radio stations from Russia pretending to be in US.

It's Putin messing with hockey. 

They even had St Louis Blues radio announcer on for live interview.

How does Putin do all this. Makes it seem real. Like really real. 

Archived