The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Columbus

I think you would need to make a significant "young" add to get Columbus to bite. They gave Vegas a 1st and 2nd round  pick at the expansion draft to ensure Vegas would not select Josh Anderson or Korpisalo......they selected William Karlsson instead. They really covet Anderson and would not part with him unless they got a very, very good offer. The Vegas trade also gives a good indication of their commitment to Korpicalo to handle their goaltending needs.

I would love to make this trade but I really don't see Columbus considering this trade at all.

4 hours ago, Lulover88 said:

What would you folks think about Markstrom for Josh Anderson ?      We could sign Bobrovsky to a short deal and wait out our next young goalie .

It’s nice in theory but *way* too risky.   You can’t just risk being able to sign Bobrovsky.  What happens if you can’t sign him?   Do you just put Demko in a “sink or swim” environment?......behind a defense that is already as fragile as ours?   

Canucks need to hold on to Markstrom.  If Marky has another solid year, I’d honestly extend him.

20 minutes ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

It’s nice in theory but *way* too risky.   You can’t just risk being able to sign Bobrovsky.  What happens if you can’t sign him?   Do you just put Demko in a “sink or swim” environment?......behind a defense that is already as fragile as ours?   

Canucks need to hold on to Markstrom.  If Marky has another solid year, I’d honestly extend him.

Though Marky is left  available in Seattle's expansion draft year...

8 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

And then leave him open for expansion...which works just fine for Demkos timeframe assuming we don’t trade Markstrom just to get something for him ...

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Columbus

Archived