The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VGK - VAN

On 6/11/2019 at 9:02 AM, DallasDrake said:

Yeah me neither but I think Vegas values Tuch highly. (Just as they should)

This kind of deal would make more sense for me than those rumours of Zucker JT Miller etc who wont fit so well in our group agewise.

Edit: also for that Stecher Miller swap it would make sense for us to acquire bigger guy for Troy because he is small and in my view NHL team can withstand only one small d-man in their top6 and that guy is obviously Hughes. And even if they play on same team they just cant be paired together due their small size so we dont have too much versatility in our pairings. 

Boilkded is where we need to improve drastically. I have been saying for four years we need to get bigger on D. Stecher has played well but struggles with defending against the Kopitars, Perrys, Getzlafs Thorntons, of the league. He cant handle the size in our end. Adding Hughes to the mix now we have quite a few defenders who play small.

This i totally agree with

On 6/11/2019 at 9:02 AM, DallasDrake said:

Yeah me neither but I think Vegas values Tuch highly. (Just as they should)

This kind of deal would make more sense for me than those rumours of Zucker JT Miller etc who wont fit so well in our group agewise.

Edit: also for that Stecher Miller swap it would make sense for us to acquire bigger guy for Troy because he is small and in my view NHL team can withstand only one small d-man in their top6 and that guy is obviously Hughes. And even if they play on same team they just cant be paired together due their small size so we dont have too much versatility in our pairings. 

I think this is archaic thinking. Actually I see it the other way teams need a more mobile D puck movers and rushers teams can really only afford to have 1 or 2 big stay at home D. 

I believe Stetcher and Hughes can co habitate a single roster.