Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Porposal) Vancouver - Philadelphia


Recommended Posts

Personally, wouldn't trade Boeser, just a trade idea to see if anyone would be on board.

 

Gostisbehere, Patrick, Konecny, 11th OA

 

for

 

Boeser, Gaudette, Hutton, 40thOA

 

Boeser = Ghost, 11thOA

Gaudette = Patrick

Hutton and 40thOA = Konecny

 

We upgrade at 3c with Patrick who has much more offensive ability then what Gaudette has shown thus far. Add a 25 goal winger to Horvat's right side in Konecny. We add another offensive defenseman that can play the PP and move the puck. Draft a forward at 10 to replace Boeser, draft Seider as our future top pairing dman alongside Hughes. Id like to think we can sign Taylor Hall next year as well to play on Pettersson left side but just a pipedream.

 

Philadelphia gets a 3c in Gaudette who plays a better defensive game then Patrick with less offensive upside. They get an elite winger to play alongside Couts on the top line. Hutton who has the potential to be a 40 point dman off the left side and a 2nd round pick where they can still draft a great player.  

 

 

10thOA - Podkolzin/Dach/Krebs/Zegras/Boldy/Newhook

11thOA - Seider

 

Sign Taylor Hall in 2020 7 years@70-75 million

 

 

In a few years

 

Hall Pettersson 10thOA

Pearson Horvat Konecny

Madden Patrick Virtanen

 

Hughes Seider

Juolevi Ghost

Stetcher Woo

 

A fast team with some size thrown in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Seannnp said:

Boeser = Ghost, 11thOA 

Boeser means more to us than in a trade deal. You’d probably only get Ghost, maybe a mid pick on top. Not him and 11th OA

9 minutes ago, Seannnp said:

Gaudette = Patrick 

Gaudette is a former Hobey Baker winner and looks to potentially top out at a #2/#3C, but Patrick is a former #2 OA with #1/#2C potential. Also, you say Gaudette=Patrick here, but later contradict yourself by saying we get an upgrade at 3C. This makes no sense for Philly

9 minutes ago, Seannnp said:

Hutton and 40thOA = Konecny

Same with this. Konecny has potential to grow even more after a 25 goal season. Hutton likely won’t grow anymore and is at best a #5D. Even though this is a deep draft, #40 isn’t enough incentive for them to take it. 

 

This trade is heavily one sided for us and I don’t understand why either team would want to shake up like that. If we want to deal Boeser than I can see him for Provorov value wise, but neither side would accept. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Philly laughs and hangs up. 

 

Stamkos, above, did a nice job critiquing your prosposal in a respectful way, so I won’t add anything other than next time, try making a proposal that is grounded in reality. Because this is a very insulting proposal if you are a Philly fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Seannnp said:

Personally, wouldn't trade Boeser, just a trade idea to see if anyone would be on board.

 

Gostisbehere, Patrick, Konecny, 11th OA

 

for

 

Boeser, Gaudette, Hutton, 40thOA

 

Boeser = Ghost, 11thOA

Gaudette = Patrick

Hutton and 40thOA = Konecny

 

We upgrade at 3c with Patrick who has much more offensive ability then what Gaudette has shown thus far. Add a 25 goal winger to Horvat's right side in Konecny. We add another offensive defenseman that can play the PP and move the puck. Draft a forward at 10 to replace Boeser, draft Seider as our future top pairing dman alongside Hughes. Id like to think we can sign Taylor Hall next year as well to play on Pettersson left side but just a pipedream.

 

Philadelphia gets a 3c in Gaudette who plays a better defensive game then Patrick with less offensive upside. They get an elite winger to play alongside Couts on the top line. Hutton who has the potential to be a 40 point dman off the left side and a 2nd round pick where they can still draft a great player.  

 

 

10thOA - Podkolzin/Dach/Krebs/Zegras/Boldy/Newhook

11thOA - Seider

 

Sign Taylor Hall in 2020 7 years@70-75 million

 

 

In a few years

 

Hall Pettersson 10thOA

Pearson Horvat Konecny

Madden Patrick Virtanen

 

Hughes Seider

Juolevi Ghost

Stetcher Woo

 

A fast team with some size thrown in.

The only thing we do with Boeser aka the Flow is to resign him longterm. 7 years / 7.5M-8M should be reasonable when skinner gets 9M.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Philly laughs and hangs up. 

 

Stamkos, above, did a nice job critiquing your prosposal in a respectful way, so I won’t add anything other than next time, try making a proposal that is grounded in reality. Because this is a very insulting proposal if you are a Philly fan.

:wub:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

No idea why either team does this...

I could think of a lot of reason Vancouver does it... petey Patrick and bo down the middle. If Patrick pushed bo into a 3c role. We would literally have 3 sick lines seems like bo can play in any situation and make players around him better. Konecny would move to the wing two early first rounders and a stud scoring d man who if wanted could be flipped for another great piece. So ya van would do this 100%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Seannnp said:

Personally, wouldn't trade Boeser, just a trade idea to see if anyone would be on board.

 

Gostisbehere, Patrick, Konecny, 11th OA

 

for

 

Boeser, Gaudette, Hutton, 40thOA

 

Boeser = Ghost, 11thOA

Gaudette = Patrick

Hutton and 40thOA = Konecny

 

We upgrade at 3c with Patrick who has much more offensive ability then what Gaudette has shown thus far. Add a 25 goal winger to Horvat's right side in Konecny. We add another offensive defenseman that can play the PP and move the puck. Draft a forward at 10 to replace Boeser, draft Seider as our future top pairing dman alongside Hughes. Id like to think we can sign Taylor Hall next year as well to play on Pettersson left side but just a pipedream.

 

Philadelphia gets a 3c in Gaudette who plays a better defensive game then Patrick with less offensive upside. They get an elite winger to play alongside Couts on the top line. Hutton who has the potential to be a 40 point dman off the left side and a 2nd round pick where they can still draft a great player.  

 

 

10thOA - Podkolzin/Dach/Krebs/Zegras/Boldy/Newhook

11thOA - Seider

 

Sign Taylor Hall in 2020 7 years@70-75 million

 

 

In a few years

 

Hall Pettersson 10thOA

Pearson Horvat Konecny

Madden Patrick Virtanen

 

Hughes Seider

Juolevi Ghost

Stetcher Woo

 

A fast team with some size thrown in.

Would be great from a Canuck fan perspective if the team could trade in an alternative universe where such trades could take place (e.g. where both team's GMs had the objective of the trade to improve the Canucks with the trade). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Do you just use our 10th OA as a 'throw in' ?:picard:

The value seems to be really off according to my fellow posters. 10th OA holds the highest value in my view. Asked a simple question, didn't mean to ruin your life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Seannnp said:

The value seems to be really off according to my fellow posters. 10th OA holds the highest value in my view. Asked a simple question, didn't mean to ruin your life.

Add 10th overall, drop Hutton, Patrick, and 40th overall, and it’s pretty close

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

Add 10th overall, drop Hutton, Patrick, and 40th overall, and it’s pretty close

Are Boeser and Ghost that close in terms of value?

 

I see Ghost as a 2/3 defenseman lacking a strong defensive game. I see Boeser is a top 3 forward and potential 40 goal scorer. I cant imagine Boeser, Gaudette, and 10th OA is close to Ghost, Konecny and 11th.

 

Also, does Patrick really hold that much value? He's played 70+ games in each of the two season deployed as both a C and a Winger with time in the top 6 and the PP and has only managed 30 points in each.

 

Gaudette on the other hand split time between the AHL/NHL, played bottom 6 minutes mostly with scrubs with no time in the top 6 or PP and was able to produce at half the clip (.4ppg v. .2ppg). I also think Gaudettes defensive game is much more developed than that of Patrick.

 

On 2nd thought, Ill keep Boeser, Gaudette, and the 10th.

 

Could we possibly get Konecny from Philly though? I really hope Virtanen can become a similar player with similar production.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, scheif16 said:

The only thing we do with Boeser aka the Flow is to resign him longterm. 7 years / 7.5M-8M should be reasonable when skinner gets 9M.

And there’s the sound of reason ...  the closer it is to 7m the better Benning did in the negotiations...every single article I’ve read about his signing (four, from credible hockey sources like the score and THN) figures his contract will be exactly that 7.5-8 depending on whether or not it’s for 7 or 8 years and if the UFA years come with clauses.   I’m not at all happy with the inflated prices, but this is the way things are now and I don’t think there’s is any stopping it.  If Boeser has already peaked his stats are comparable to Skinners...just like they are for a Eichel and he got way overpaid because of his pedigree, same with AM.   Things are back to same as it ever was, GMs just can’t help themselves in dishing out mega dough when it comes to star players.   And Boeser is a star already...and isn’t in his prime yet.  

 

If if I was running the league I’d set up an independent arm to monitor the contracts and give them the ability to stop, cancel and make recommendations for modifications to avoid heavy inflation... OR just set an RFA cap, the same as there is for rookies ... maybe 8 million.  That way teams could manage things easier and the majority of the players themselves would win as well as there would be extra money for journeyman vets, they wouldn’t get pushed out after their third contract which happens all the time now (prolong the average career), and UFAs will be their  money deal like it should be again.   

 

I bet the NHLPA would get behind this completely (well 5% wouldn’t like it but go suck some eggs McDavid, Eichel and AM) as it would spread the wealth around more evenly and they could play a few more years ...  I’d even consider 7 as the cap ... that’s a lot of money and why the heck do they need more than that as a 21 year old anyways) ... previous contracts would be honoured and it would screw a few teams no doubt...but it’s a lot less to deal with then when the cap came in and all salaries were rolled back 20%....

 

At some point something’s going to give, the middle class NHLer has already taken a loss as far a career length goes as well sometimes in pay...I can’t see how teams will be able to afford RFAs at almost or on par with UFA prices (AM absolutely is on par ... and he’s back on the market in five years for more) and then still pay for UFAs ...  maybe the UFAs will suffer (doubt it) ... more likely the middle class guys will take the hit off their pay...and eventually they will have had enough, their votes are worth just as much McDavids when it comes to creating a bargaining platform and voting in general...they’d be foolish not to do something about it next CBA, and the league will be too if this goes unchallenged. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ghost was the talk of the town two years ago as the prototype for the “new NHL”...this year McAvoy is carrying the “Ellis torch”.   He’d be a good add BUT I’m still not convinced this is a trend that will stick.   I hope so given we bought into it with Hughes, but would rather have Parayoko or a guy with size and a blistering point shot.   Dumba would do too.

 

But not if it means we trade Boeser.  Horvat makes more sense given his contract and he’s a bit older.   Problem is we would just be weakening one position to strengthen another...draft and develop is the way out, once we have more strength in a certain area we should be considering a trade like this.  Like if AG breaks out...or OJ (bye bye Hutton) or JV even...or someone else in our pool a year or two down the road including guys we haven’t drafted yet.  

 

Eventually we will get there, but not for a few more years...then maybe Horvat...but probably not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...