The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019

CBH1926

World Cup  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, sam13371337 said:

I remember the severed penis story...  

what always shocked me though is how everyone saw it as a comedic thing.  attempted murder on a sleeping man with possible life long mutilation is comedy.....

even sexual assault on men is comedy.  as the epidemic of rapes in prison is not only ignored, but society finds it ok to make light of with bubba jokes. 

now change the word "man" to "woman" and watch how the reaction would be. 

Ah, c'mon...I was 12 when it happened, and it was &^@#ing hilarious

21 hours ago, oldnews said:

you sound like you're straight off the playground.

I've been an athlete all my life - that American gongshow against Thailand was one of the most embarrassing displays I've seen in a long time - in a sport that otherwise has a whole lot of great moments.  Kudos to the American women for being as big of idiots as many on their men's national teams.

I am little too old for the playground, you on the other hand would fit right in.

Hopefully an “athlete” like yourself doesn’t get triggered so easily when playing sports.

Edited by CBH1926

1 hour ago, falcon45ca said:

Well, he did beat and rape her, and was convicted of beating two other women later in life so....maybe he did get his karma

if she was being raped or beaten. the proper place to go would be the police,  not stay with your rapist for a long time. only to arbitrarily decide one day when hes sleep to try and cut off his penis.  that Is ridiculous.  and not in the least bit funny. 

Just now, sam13371337 said:

if she was being raped or beaten. the proper place to go would be the police,  not stay with your rapist for a long time. only to arbitrarily decide one day when hes sleep to try and cut off his penis.  that Is ridiculous.  and not in the least bit funny. 

Bahahahaha, so you HEARD about it, but dont actually know much about what happened. Good to know

3 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

Bahahahaha, so you HEARD about it, but dont actually know much about what happened. Good to know

I did hear about it and don't know every single detail I must admit.   But I was just going under the premise that regardless of what he did, there is no circumstance that it becomes ok to attempt murder on somebody by mutiliating them in a grotesque way....

in your books apparently there are circumstances where this is not only permitted but comedic?  we can agree to disagree on that. 

but I am curious though does this standard only apply to men? in the spirit of fairness.  there are a lot of nasty woman out there doing a lot of nasty things.  what does a woman have to do to deserve arbitrarily getting mutiliated while they are sleep?    and especially in a fashion that's "funny"?

very interested in knowing...…  you must also find bubba jokes to be funny as well if I were to take a personal guess?

• 7 months later...