The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

4 hours ago, timberz21 said:

This rumor dates back pre-draft and there hasn't been any new report since.  Can we close this topics now?  158 pages is ridiculous and honestly a giant waste of time for a guy like LE.  Let's start a new topic when/if new speculations start again, which I doubt it will.  We're stuck with him #endofdiscussion.

Think I asked for this a while ago as well. Thread is long past being becoming worthless. 

Edited by N7Nucks
  • Upvote 3

Safe to reach a conclusion now... Eriksson is going nowhere!!! The owner doesn't want to see his $ go down the drain so to save face, he ordered JB * the coaching staff to keep Eriksson alive on the roster. The only chance he'll get traded is if we were to offer something ridiculous to this other team who's happy to buy out his remaining contract term.

Anyhow, be prepared to see Eriksson taking Gaudette or Motte's spot when everyone's healthy!! 

3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Think I asked for this a while ago as well. Thread is long past being becoming worthless. 

Yup, me too.  I said to close this topic in August and got rammed because apparently between august and september, there was "plenty of time" and would 100% get moved by training camp...

If I had time to waste I'd search back to these comments and posts them here, but I don't unfortunately.

39 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Yes, too many on this forum just want to get rid of players when we finally got some depth. 

Capwise Louis contract has made Bennings life easier. 

Lets not get carried away, if we could dump Loui and his cap in it's entirety without using picks I imagine the team would do it in a heart beat. 6mil on a 4th liner/depth player is not what I'd consider making life easy on the team. Loui has been better but his contract is still god awful and it's the reason this "report" never came to fruition. Loui is here to stay, shut the thread down I say, let the man play. #Bars

No one ever talks about the few pros of having the bad contract...  it does actually allow for better depth in the system as you can have a Baertschi Goldy Eriksson pass thru waivers, and still have NHL player depth ready when injuries strike.  Not only that, but you have options for specific roles now that Green can deploy...   its honestly a fantastic accumulation of solid role players...  and its what gives Vancouver Calgary and Arizona the edge over Edmonton and Anaheim after all 82 get played. 

34 minutes ago, 70seven said:

No one ever talks about the few pros of having the bad contract...  it does actually allow for better depth in the system as you can have a Baertschi Goldy Eriksson pass thru waivers, and still have NHL player depth ready when injuries strike.  Not only that, but you have options for specific roles now that Green can deploy...   its honestly a fantastic accumulation of solid role players...  and its what gives Vancouver Calgary and Arizona the edge over Edmonton and Anaheim after all 82 get played. 

There are no pros to having a bad contract, that is why they are called bad contracts. It does not "help" with depth in anyway.

Sven and Goldy would have passed through waivers even if Loui was being paid $2 mill per.

• Cheers 1

This thread should remain open, LE is still a Canuck. We have a Burrows do we really need him thread still active, yet the guy was traded from us a while ago and has since retired. That is a pointless thread since the player is retired. But CDC has that love affair for Burr so it stays open.

This thread just needs a title change